About the JVC Arsenal KS-AR7002
JVC understands the importance of clean, strong amplification in producing high-quality sound. That's why Arsenal amps use JVC's own power supply design to ensure steady output, even when the input power's unstable, so you'll be surrounded with all the sonic detail and impact of your favorite music.
The KS-AR7002 2-channel amp puts out 150 watts RMS per channel to your favorite speakers, or you can switch to mono operation to send 300 watts RMS to a sub. Onboard high-pass, low-pass, and subsonic filters let you trim out frequencies so your speakers perform at peak efficiency or your sub sounds sweet in its enclosure. This amp's extended high-frequency response brings out the best in high-quality component speakers, while its variable bass boost allows you to add some "fat" to your sound.
You control the variable filters and gains with large, easy-to-use knobs, so there's no need for extra tools to make adjustments. For multi-amp installations, you can stack up to three 7000 Series Arsenal amps in a cool tier arrangement that lets you access all the controls and show off the blue LED illumination. The gold-plated connections are angled for neat wire management and hidden for increased protection.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (230 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 300 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- frequency response: 5 to 50,000 Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filters (30-500 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- subsonic filter (20 Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 15-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 11-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KSAR7002
What's in the box:
- Two-channel amplifier with two 40-amp fuses installed
- Two 2-amp stacking brackets
- One 3-amp stacking bracket
- 6 Machine screws (4mm x 12mm) each with split lock washer and flat washer
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 20mm)
- 6 Self-adhesive foam rubber spacers
- 9" Speaker-level input harness (with 4-pin Molex plug on one end)
- 4mm Hex wrench
- 3mm Hex wrench
- Instructions (Eng/Fren)
- Instructions (Spanish)
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Warranty sheet (US)
- Warranty sheet (Canada)
JVC Arsenal KS-AR7002 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC Arsenal KS-AR7002
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
150 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||400 x 2|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||230 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||300 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||40 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
JVC Arsenal: The KS-AR7002 two-channel power amplifier is part of the JVC Arsenal product line. Products from the Arsenal line feature high-grade components, smooth cosmetics, stackable design, and easy-to-use controls, all backed by a full 2-year warranty. Internally, the Arsenal amplifiers are equipped with Pulse-Width Modulation Regulated MOS-FET power supplies, which deliver more consistent power even if the input power is unstable.
Stackable Mounting: Each Arsenal amp has the same frame size, allowing you to stack up to three amplifiers, while still maintaining access to the controls of each amp. Stack-mounting uses less space, and creates a unique look to every custom installation. You can stack amplifiers vertically or cascading. Stacking brackets are included with the amplifier. In addition to vertical and cascade stacking, you can also mount the amps horizontally on top of a flat surface, suspended from a shelf, or vertically. The Arsenal logo badge can be reversed to best suit your installation.
4-Way Protection: The amplifier features a protection circuit that will shut down the unit if any of the following four conditions occur:
- Thermal: the operating temperature of the amp gets too high
- Short Circuit: there is a short circuit on one of the speaker wires
- Overload: the impedance of the connected load is too low
- DC Offset: direct current is detected on the speaker wires
Subsonic Filter: The amp has a built-in subsonic filter that rejects frequencies 20 Hz and lower. The subsonic filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
Front-Mounted Controls: The KS-AR7002 has numerous controls, conveniently mounted on the front of the amplifier. The controls are covered by a removable tinted plastic cover. The controls include:
- Bass Boost: The amplifier has a bass boost centered at 45 Hz. The amount of boost can be set between 0 and +18 dB using this rotary control.
- Input Level: You can adjust the level of the input signal using this rotary control.
- Crossover: The amplifier's built-in 18dB per octave variable crossover can be set to High-Pass, Low-Pass, or Off (for full range output) using the 3-way switch. Once you have set the filter operation, you can adjust the cutoff frequency between 30 Hz and 500 Hz.
Rear-Mounted Terminals: The KS-AR7002 has all of the cable connections on the rear of the amplifier. The terminals are recessed for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Pre Out: A pair of RCA jacks for outputting the input signal to a second amplifier.
- Input Signal: A pair of RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit.
- High Input: A 4-pin Molex jack for plugging in the supplied speaker-level input harness.
- Speaker Output: Two pairs of set-screw speaker terminals are provided for connecting two speakers. If bridging the amp, you should use the L+ and R- terminals. The terminals can accept up to 8-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench.
- Fuses: Two 40-amp ATC-type fuses are installed in the amp.
- Power: Three terminals are provided for connecting the power, ground, and the remote turn-on lead. Due to the 80-amp total fuse rating of the amplifier, a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit
is recommended. The individual terminals are:
- Battery: The +B battery terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.
- Remote: The remote terminal will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench.
- Ground: The ground terminal will accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screw can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 4mm Hex wrench.