About the JVC KW-NX7000BT
JVC's flagship navigation receiver
JVC's flagship navigation receiver
Form and function come together nicely with the JVC KW-NX7000 navigation receiver. It looks right at home in your vehicle's double-sized (4" tall) dash opening, and its vibrant 7" screen gives you touchscreen control over your whole system. A real-time traffic tuner offers handy info on high-congestion areas and relative traffic speed, then reroutes you around trouble spots on your commute. A 90-day subscription to the traffic info service is included.
Easy-to-use GPS navigation
A built-in flash memory brings up your navigation maps of North America quickly when you need them. A unique proximity sensor activates the navigation controls as your hand approaches the screen, then makes them disappear when you take your hand away. You'll see turn-by-turn directions on the screen and enjoy access to over 12 million points of interest. Text-to-speech technology calls out the name of the street for your next turn, letting you keep your eyes on the road. You can update your maps through the SD-card slot.
Bluetooth® adapter included
Bluetooth technology lets you make safer hands-free calls in your vehicle. When a call comes in, the receiver mutes the music and you'll hear the caller over your vehicle's speakers. Mount the included microphone in a convenient spot for maximum sound quality.
Music and movies
Watch your favorite DVDs while you're parked, or connect a screen in the back so your passengers can watch while you drive. Load your favorite MP3s on a CD, USB drive, or SD card the KW-NX7000 will play 'em all. Load a DVD full of music files and you'll have days of music for your next road trip. A powerful amplifier belts out your music and movies, while a 7-band EQ lets you tweak the sound to your taste.
Made for your iPod®
JVC builds iPod control right into the USB slot no adapter required. Just connect your iPod using the cable it came with, and you'll be using the receiver's controls to browse your tunes and playlists in no time. And with an additional adapter, you can view videos from your iPod on the screen.
Add an optional satellite radio tuner for access to a wealth of sports, news, and commercial-free music. An HD Radio tuner lets you take advantage of the enhanced sound quality and additional programming offered by participating stations. Three sets of gold-plated preamp outputs let you add amps and subs for a complete car entertainment system.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check Hands-on Research for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- DVD/CD receiver with navigation and built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- detachable face with 7" color screen and motion-sensing technology
- included Bluetooth adapter
- built-in iPod control
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files)
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- 7-band iEQ
- maps of Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and the entire United States
- built-in flash memory for navigation, updates made using an SD card
- 12 million points of interest
- built-in traffic tuner with free 90-day trial subscription
- voice guidance in 10 languages
- compatible with: HD Radio tuner, satellite radio tuner, rear-view camera
- inputs: A/V and USB inputs, SD-card slot
- outputs: video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, mono sub), optical digital output
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- This package contains two separately boxed items: The JVC KW-NX7000 Navigation/DVD receiver and the JVC KS-BTA200 Bluetooth Adapter
- The JVC KW-NX7000 box contains:
- Navigation/DVD receiver with integrated 7" touch panel display
- Soft fabric face case
- Trim ring
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK250)
- Self-adhesive remote holder
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Wiring harness
- Preamp output/video harness
- Magnetic GPS antenna with attached 16.25' cable
- Self-adhesive GPS antenna mat
- 8 Pan-head screws
- 8 Counter-sunk screws
- Red plastic crimp splicer
- 2 Face fixing screws
- 2 Metal protection plates (installed)
- Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Installation/Connection Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- USA Warranty sheet
- Canada Warranty sheet
- Product Registration card/Questionnaire
- "Countries where you may use the Bluetooth function" sheet
- "Caution" note (attached to wiring harness)
- "For iPod touch users" note
- "Note on the USB iPod operation" sheet
- "Cautions on displaying iPod Artwork" note
- Sheet concerning face fixing screw
- Removal of protection metal plates diagram
- Additional Information note
- The JVC KS-BTA200 box contains:
- Bluetooth adapter with attached 5' cable using a proprietary DIN connector
- Microphone with attached 10.5' cord using a right-angle male 3.5mm minijack connector
- Microphone stand
- 4 Velcro strips
- 2-sided tape strip
- Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Product Registration card
- US Warranty sheet
- Canada warranty card
- European Guarantee sheet
- "EC Declaration of Conformity" sheet
- "Available characters for the SMS/Text Message" sheet
- "The countries where you may use the Bluetooth function" sheet
JVC KW-NX7000BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JVC KW-NX7000BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Optional|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||5 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Overview: The JVC KW-NX7000 double-DIN all-in-one navigation unit gives precise navigation with built-in RDS-TMC tuner, high sensitivity WAAS GPS, and 7-inch wide touch panel. The unit features map coverage of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, Voice Guidance, Text-to-Speech, 12 million P.O.I, Lane Guide, and Speed Limit Display. Enjoy audio and video from your iPod (optional adapter required), USB devices, and SD cards. The KW-NX7000 offers Proximity Sensor control keys which appear as your hand approaches the unit's touch-screen panel. This unit is also compatible HD Radio, and SAT Radio (optional devices required). In addition, this unit includes the JVC KS-BTA200 Bluetooth Adapter module.
Detachable Motorized 7" TFT LCD Touch-Screen Monitor: The KW-NX7000 features a motorized 7" TFT Active Matrix, 16:9 touch-screen monitor with an adjustable viewing angle. The pixel resolution of the display is 1440 horizontal x 234 vertical (336,960 pixels total). The LCD serves as a video monitor, system information display and touch-screen control panel. The monitor's brightness can be adjusted from -5 to +5. You can detach the touch-screen LCD monitor and place it in its supplied soft face case to prevent theft.
Display Angle: The motorized display can be tilted (up) to one of seven angles.
Menu Language: There are nine options for the menu language; English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, and Russian.
Source Naming: The KW-NX7000 allows you to assign names of up to 16 characters each for the A/V input, the EXT input (connected to the CD changer input using an optional adapter), and up to 30 AM and FM stations.
Dimmer: When 12 volts is applied to the illumination lead and the dimmer set to Auto, the display dims. The dimmer can also be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display is always dimmed), or Dimmer Time Set (you program the time for the dimmer to turn off an on). The unit also features 3 dimmer levels to choose from - Bright, Middle, or Dark.
Wallpaper: You can choose from four background wallpapers; Metal, Sky, Bright and Plain. The wallpaper color can be changed from blue, light-blue, red, orange, yellow, green, purple, dark-blue, dark-green, brown, light-brown or black.
Parking Brake Detection: To prevent the displaying of video while the vehicle is in motion, the green wire in the supplied 16-pin harness must be connected to the vehicle's parking brake detection circuit, as well as a constant power source and ground. While the vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the other displays and menus.
Built-In Navigation: The KW-NX7000 features a built-in GPS Navigation system with maps of the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Map data is stored on the unit's 4GB flash memory and the connected GPS antenna helps to pinpoint your vehicle's current location. Once a destination is set, the unit provides turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance through your vehicle's speakers and the unit's display monitor.
GPS Antenna: The KW-NX7000 features a GPS antenna with a magnetic base designed to mount to the exterior of your vehicle. The GPS antenna comes supplied with a self-adhesive magnetic pad in case you cannot find a metal surface to attach the antenna directly to.
Points of Interest: The built-in map database has 12 million points of interest. They can be searched by the following categories: Gas Station, Hotel, Parking, Restaurant, Shopping, Travel, Recreation, Entertainment, Medical, Financial, Automotive, and Community. Some of the categories are divided into sub-categories. The KW-NX7000 can even alert you when you approach a selected POI category.
Visual/Voice Guidance: When you approach a turn, the KW-NX7000 guides you with voice guidance (Text-to-Speech) through your vehicle's front speakers and visual indications on the KW-NX7000's screen. The unit offers 10 voice guidance languages including English, Spanish and French.
Lane Guidance: The KW-NX7000 provides Lane Guidance to help you along your route. The receiver uses the following color-codes to distinguish what lane you should be in - Yellow (recommended lane), White (lane leading to the destination), and Gray (not the lane for your destination).
Traffic Message Channel (TMC): The KW-NX7000 features a built-in TMC receiver. Traffic Message Channel is a technology for delivering real-time traffic information to drivers. The traffic information sent by an FM radio station are received and analyzed by the navigation system. The system can inform you of where congestion exists, and how you can detour it. No special radio station has to be tuned in for receiving the traffic information. The traffic service is by subscription only; a three-month free trial subscription is included. Note: The Bypass Traffic feature of the navigation system can be set to manual, auto, or off.
Map Views: The map scrolls automatically so that your position is always at the center of the map. You can select from different map views:
- 2D Heading Up: The map rotates so that you are always displayed heading "upwards." The direction is displayed with a compass icon.
- 3D Map Heading Up: The map is displayed in a "heading up" mode, and in a three-dimensional view. The direction is displayed with a compass icon.
- 2D North Up: The map view is oriented with north "upwards," like normal paper maps. The direction you are heading to is displayed at the upper right corner of the screen with an icon such as "NE."
Destination Search: The JVC KW-NX7000 offers the following Destination Search functions.
- Home/Favorite Points: You can register one point as your home address and 100 off your favorite points so you can easily navigate to them from anywhere at any time.
- Address: You can search by address using the unit's on-screen keyboard.
- Zip Code: You can search by zip code.
- Phone: You can search a destination by entering its telephone number using the unit's on-screen keyboard.
- POI Name/Vicinity: The POI Name feature allows you to search for points-of-interest by name from category listings or using the KW-NX7000's on-screen keyboard. The POI Vicinity feature search for POIs around the following places - your current position, the position select on the map, the destination, or the route you are taking.
- Quick Search: You can also search POI's from three user registered categories that you use most often such as gas stations, restaurants and hotels.
- Previous: You can search from the history of previous destinations and via points from the last 50 points.
- Browse Map: You can select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.
Routing Preferences: You can select how the unit will calculate your route by adjusting the following settings.
- Route Priority: You can select the unit to either calculate the fastest timed route or shortest distant route.
- Route Avoidance: You can select to use or avoid the following types of roads - Freeway, Toll Road, and Ferry.
- Traffic: You can select whether to use the unit's built-in TMC to help calculate your route based on traffic information (subscription required).
Via Points: After selecting your destination, you can select up to four places (via points) to stop by along your route.
Directions List: The KW-NX7000 allows you to bring up a turn-by-turn list of your calculated route, including via points.
Detour: If you realize congestion exists along your route, you can select the Detour function which allows you to select the distance to avoid along your route so the KW-NX7000 can route you around this congested area.
Auto Recalculate: The unit will automatically recalculate your route if you veer off from the original calculated route.
Speed Limit Sign: The KW-NX7000 will display the speed limit for the current road or highway you are on to help assist you with maintain the correct speed limit.
MOS-FET Amplifier: The JVC KW-NX7000 features a MOS-FET amplifier that is CEA-2006 compliant and rated at 20 watts RMS x 4 channels in 4-ohm and 1% THD+N with a signal to noise ratio of 80 dBA.
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KW-NX7000 with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
7-Band Equalizer: Along with a flat preset, there are 8 preset EQ curves and three user programmable fields; Hard Rock, R&B, Pop, Jazz, Dance, Country, Reggae, Classic, User 1, User 2, and User 3. The user presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. For each User preset, you can independently adjust the following frequencies: 60 Hz, 150 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz, and 15 kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from -10dB to +10dB in 2dB increments.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of Auto or On.
Source Volume Control: The volume of each source (other than FM radio) can be adjusted relative to the FM volume, so the level is constant as you change from one input to another. The volume level of each source can be adjusted from -12 to +12.
Digital Out: You can enjoy 5.1-channel sound, including Dolby Digital and DTS, when you connect this unit's optical digital output to an external surround sound digital processor. You can select the signal format emitted through the Digital Optical Out.
- PCM: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder incompatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, or MPEG Audio or when connecting to a recording device
- Dolby D: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder compatible with Dolby Digital
- Stream: select this when connecting an amplifier or a decoder compatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, or MPEG Audio
5V Preamp Outputs: The KW-NX7000 features five 5V preamp outputs (Stereo Front, Stereo Rear, Mono Subwoofer). The Front and Rear set of preamp outputs fade in and out with the fader control and speaker level outputs on the stereo, while the Subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The JVC multimedia headunit provides the following preamp level controls.
- Subwoofer Level: adjusts the subwoofer output level from -6 to +8
- High Pass Filter: select Through (when subwoofer is not connected) or On (when subwoofer is connected)
- Crossover: adjusts crossover frequency between the front/rear speakers and the subwoofer; select from 80Hz, 120Hz, or 150Hz
Disc Compatibility: The JVC KW-NX7000 supports the playback of the following disc types: DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-Audio, CD-R/RW and Video CD.
Compressed File Playback: The KW-NX7000 can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, JPEG, DivX, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files recorded on DVD-R, DVD-RW ,DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, or Romeo. MP3 and WMA files with bit rates from 32-320 kbps are supported along with IDTag3 (version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4) and WMA/WAV Tag for album and artist information. The unit supports AAC files with bit rates of 16-320 kbps. DivX video files with resolutions 720 x 576 or less are also supported. It is recommended that you record JPEG files at 640 x 480 resolution. Each disc can have a maximum of 5000 files and 250 folders, with a maximum of 999 files per folder.
Direct Access: Using the supplied remote, you can directly access any title or chapter on a DVD, and any track on a Video CD.
Scan Search: When playing a DVD-Video, DVD-Audio or Video CD, there are five fast-play speeds in both directions (2x, 5x, 10x, 20x, and 60x). Scan search speeds for CDs are 2x and 10x.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, there are five slow motion speeds in both directions (1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2).
Repeat Play: When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current chapter or title. When playing a Video CD, you can repeat the current track.
Random Play: When playing a Video CD, you can play the tracks in random order.
Disc Lock: You can lock a disc in the loading slot so it cannot be ejected without a sequence of buttons being pressed.
Selectable Aspect Modes: You can choose from four aspect modes for the in-dash display when viewing a still image or video.
- Regular: for 4:3 source material, 4:3 and 16:9 pictures display with black bars on either side (16:9 images are compressed)
- Full: expands 4:3 pictures horizontally to fill the entire width of the screen, distorting the picture slightly but retaining full image height
- Panorama: for viewing 4:3 pictures naturally on the unit's wide-screen display
- Auto: the correct aspect mode is automatically chosen based on the incoming signal
Picture Adjust: Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Tint can each be adjusted from -15 to +15.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
SD Card Slot: The KW-NX7000 features a front-panel SD-card slot, behind the motorized touch-panel LCD monitor display, which will accept SD-cards up to 2GB. This unit can play JPEG, MP3, WMA, WAV, and AAC files stored on an SD-card. You can control basic functions such as Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind and Track Skip. You can also select advance functions such as Track Repeat, Folder Repeat, Folder Random and Random All. All tracks on the SD-card will be played repeatedly until you change the source. This unit supports data transfer rates up to 10Mbps and can recognize up to 5,000 files and 250 folders with a maximum of 999 files per folder. This unit will recognize a total of 25 characters for file/folder names.
Video Output: The Video Output (RCA composite video jack) allows you to connect an optional external monitor. You can choose one of the following monitor types for the output to the external monitor(s):
- 16:9: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 16:9
- 4:3 Letter Box: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture black bars appear on the top and bottom of the screen
- 4:3 Pan Scan: select this when the aspect ratio of your monitor is 4:3, when viewing a widescreen picture, the black bars do not appear; however, the left and right edges of the picture will not be shown on screen
Audio/Video Input: The audio/video input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack, allowing you to connect external equipment to this head unit. The audio/video input can be set to one of the following modes:
- Audio + Video: choose when connecting an A/V component like a VCR
- Audio: choose when connecting an audio component like a cassette deck
- iPod: select when connecting your iPod using the optional USB/Video cable (105KSU30, sold separately).
- Off: select when no component is connected
Camera In: The Camera input consists of a composite video connector which allows you to connect an optional rear-view camera (sold separately). The unit features a reverse gear signal wire (purple), that when hooked up will switch the KW-NX7000's display to the rear-view camera input.
Included Bluetooth Adapter: With the included JVC KS-BTA200 Bluetooth Adapter, this unit allows you to make and receive cellular phone calls through your Bluetooth enabled phone, or listen to a Bluetooth audio device. This Bluetooth 1.2 certified adapter supports the following Bluetooth profiles: HSP (Headset Profile), HFP (Hands-Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), and SPP (Serial Port Profile). You can register up to 5 Bluetooth devices to this unit, however, only one unit of each type can be used at a time. By using the supplied Bluetooth adapter, you can operate the following functions of your Bluetooth compatible cellular phone and digital audio player wirelessly through the KW-NX7000.
- Bluetooth Cell-Phone Communication: Using the supplied Bluetooth adapter, the JVC KW-NX7000 supports Bluetooth hands-free operation of your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. The KS-BTA200 Bluetooth adapter comes with an external microphone and uses your vehicle's speakers for cell-phone communication. When you receive a call, "Receiving Call", name and phone number appear on the headunit's LCD monitor (if applicable). You can answer an incoming call using the multimedia headunit's touchscreen monitor or remote control. You can also set the receiver to automatically answer or reject all incoming phone calls. If your cellular phone is equipped with the call waiting function, you can put the current call on hold and answer the waiting call. The JVC KS-BTA200 allows you to dial calls from the headunit by: entering a phone number from the unit's touchscreen panel, selecting a phonebook entry (up to 100 entries), saying a voice command, selecting one of six preset numbers, or selecting from the call history log of redial and received calls. If your cellular phone supports SMS and Text Messaging, you can read those messages on the monitor of the receiver.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Using the supplied Bluetooth adapter, the JVC headunit can playback audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth compatible portable audio player and operate the following playback options of your Bluetooth compatible portable audio player - Start Playback, Pause, Forward Skip, Reverse Skip and Stop. The KW-NX7000 will also wirelessly display Tag data (Track Title/Artist Name/Album Title), Track number, and Playing time from your Bluetooth enabled digital audio player.
Note: The JVC KW-NX7000 and KS-BTA200 are not compatible with all Bluetooth enabled phones or audio players. See JVC.com for complete list of compatible phones and players.
USB Input: The JVC KW-NX7000 features a rear-panel USB port on a 48" pigtail. This allows you to play USB mass storage and Media Transfer Protocol devices such as a USB thumbdrive, Digital Audio Player or portable HDD loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, JPEG, MPEG1, and MPEG2 files. For the unit to recognize the USB medium, it must be specified as a mass storage device formatted using FAT 12, FAT 16, or FAT 32. The unit's USB port supports MP3 files with a bit rate of 32-320 kbps, WMA files with a bit rate of 5-320 kbps, AAC files with bit rate of 16-320 kbps, and WAV files with a Linear PCM bit rate of 704-1,411 kbps. For MPEG1/2 files, the maximum bit rate for video signals is 2 Mbps. The unit can recognize a total of 5,000 files and 250 folders (a folder may contain a maximum of 999 files). This unit will recognize a total of 25 characters for file/folder names. This unit cannot recognize a USB device whose rating is other than 5V and exceeds 500 mA. A USB cap is supplied to place over the USB input when it's not in use.
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The optional JVC KS-U30 USB Audio And Video Cable For iPod (105KSU30, sold separately) allows you to playback and control audio/video from your iPod on this JVC multimedia headunit. This cable also allows you to view iPod Artwork. You can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast and Genre. You can also select Repeat (One/All) and Random (Song/Album) modes. The KS-U30 cable will also charge your iPod or iPhone when connected to the JVC headunit and is powered on. To playback video the KW-NX7000's Video Input must be set to "iPod" in the unit's menu. The cable features a proprietary Apple iPod dock connector on one end and a male composite video and male stereo audio RCA connectors on other end along with a USB type-A connector. You can also connect your iPod's USB/Docking cable to the unit's USB port for audio only playback from your iPod. The JVC KW-NX7000 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features, using the optional KS-U30 cable (as of Dec. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control||Display||Charge|
Note: If you have an older generation iPod, you can connect it to the KW-NX7000's J-BUS port using the optional JVC KS-PD100 iPod Interface Adapter (257KSPD100, sold separately). This optional iPod Interface Adapter supports audio playback for the following iPod models - iPod click-wheel (3rd gen), iPod photo (4th gen), iPod mini (1st/2nd gen), iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen), iPod video (5th gen), and iPod classic (80/120/160GB). The KS-PD100 is not compatible with the iPod touch (1st/2nd/3rd gen), iPod nano (5th gen), or iPhone (2G/3G/3GS). This iPod interface will also not charge the iPod nano (4th generation). *Apple firmware updates may change functionality results.
HD Radio: The KW-NX7000 supports HD Radio when the optional JVC HD Radio tuner box (105KTHD300, sold separately) is connected to the receiver's CD changer port on the rear of the unit. HD Radio Technology can deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo, while FM digital will have CD-like quality with static free and clear reception. In addition, AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles. Many HD Radio stations also offer more than one channel of programming. This service is called multicasting. When this optional HD Radio tuner box is connected to the KW-NX7000, you will still be able to receive conventional analog AM/FM broadcasts.
Note: The 12040UV44 Adapter cable (sold separately) is needed when connecting the KT-HD300 to the KW-NX7000 and using the TMC feature. The 12040UV44 provides incoming antenna connection to the KW-NX7000 and HT-HD300 simultaneously. This cable is required to receive Real-Time Traffic update service when the KT-HD300 HD Radio tuner is connected to the KW-NX7000 In-Dash Navigation system.
Satellite Radio: This unit supports both XM and Sirius Satellite Radio when used with an optional satellite radio tuner and adapter, sold separately. This JVC headunit supports the SiriusConnect Universal Vehicle tuner and JVC KS-SRA100 Sirius Satellite Radio interface (700SIRJVC1, sold separately). The headunit also supports the XMDirect2 Universal Vehicle tuner and CNPJVC1 XM Satellite Radio interface (700XMJVC2, sold separately).
Changer Controls: This unit is equipped with JVC's J-Link CD changer control system.
Optional Input Adapter: An optional JVC Line Input Adapter (105KSU57 or 257KSU58, sold separately) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary audio input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MP3 player, to this unit as an additional audio source. The adapter connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to the unit's touch-panel and hard-key controls, the KW-NX7000 comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control to make using the multimedia headunit even easier.
OEM Steering Wheel Remote Input: The KW-NX7000 has a steering remote control jack on the preamp output/video harness. When used with the optional SWI-JACK interface (127SWIJACK, sold separately), you can retain the use of your steering wheel and/or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit in select vehicles. The SWI-JACK is compatible with over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to the present. Compatible vehicles include many Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles and Harley Davidson motorcycles. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to see if your vehicle is compatible.
The JVC KW-NX7000BT replaces these items