About the Polk Audio AB510 / AB710
If you're planning to put speakers in several rooms, you'll appreciate the great sound you get from such an affordable pair.
- 5-1/4" polymer woofers made with rubber surrounds
- 1" semi-dome polymer tweeters
- Dynamic Balance driver components for low distortion
- rotating cam mounting system for easy installation
- may be painted to blend in with any wall or ceiling
- frequency response 78-18,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 88 dB
- recommended power range 5-75 watts RMS
- 8 ohm impedance
- cutout diameter 7-1/4"
- mounting depth 3"
What's in the box:
- 2 In-wall 2-way loudspeakers
- 2 White speaker frames
- 2 White metal grilles
- 2 Felt dust shields (felt rings that partially cover speaker baskets)
- Two 6" lengths of speaker wire (bare wire on one end and female quick-slide connectors on the other)
- 8 Screws
- Cardboard template (part of packaging inside box)
- Manual with specs and warranty information (English)
- Product registration card
- Online registration information.
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio AB510 / AB710
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Power Range (Watts)||5-75|
|Parts Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YEARS|
Woofers: The woofers are made with polymer cones and rubber surrounds.
Tweeters: The tweeters are 1" semi-dome polymer tweeters.
Moisture Resistant Materials: The speakers are made with moisture resistant materials that allow safe use in bathrooms, saunas and outdoors under the eaves of your home. When the speakers are used outdoors, they should they should be placed under eaves, so they won't be directly exposed to the elements.
Paintable Speaker Frames and Grilles: The included grilles and speaker frames can be painted to fit your decor. For the best results, the grilles should be spray painted; a brush or roller should not be used to paint the grilles.
Rotating Cam Mounting System: On the rear of each speaker frame, there are three rotating clamps that are made to secure the speaker/frame assembly to the cutout in the wall or ceiling. Once the frame/speaker assembly is placed in the cutout, the cam screws can be turned to rotate the cam clamps into place. As the cam screws are turned, the clamps secure the speaker by tightening against the back side of the wall or ceiling surface.
General Info: The AB 510 speakers are made for installation in existing construction, but a rough-in kit is available for installing the speakers in new construction. Once the mounting holes have been cut, the rotating cam mounting system (see above) makes the process of attaching the speakers to your wall or ceiling quick and easy.
Required Cutout Diameter and Depth: Each speaker requires a 7.25" diameter cutout for mounting. Upon arrival, the speaker frames are resting in cutouts in the cardboard packaging; the cutouts that hold the frames should be used as templates for the holes you cut in your wall or ceiling. Although the speakers can fit in holes with a depth of 2-3/8", Polk specifies a minimum mounting depth of 3".
Tweeter Size and Type: The manual incorrectly lists the tweeters as 0.5" dome tweeters; actually, the tweeters are 1" semi-dome tweeters.