About the Polk Audio db1212
Leave it to Polk Audio to come up with a no-nonsense sub box that'll fill up your vehicle with bass without emptying your wallet. The db1212 enclosure combines a 12" db Series subwoofer with a rigorously engineered cabinet for chest-thumping low end from your trunk or cargo area.
Polk used extensive laser testing to optimize the internal structure of the db Series subwoofer to deliver fluid, powerful bass. The polypropylene cone and Santoprene surround hold up against harsh environmental effects caused by sun, moisture, and intense temperature changes, while the beefy frame ensures these subs can stand up to a pounding.
The db1212's streamlined enclosure features advanced slot ports for high speaker efficiency with reduced distortion. The silver ABS front panel gets a facelift over previous Polk enclosures, but the box still features the same internal bracing used in their stellar home speakers to reduce resonance. An eye-catching grille and tough black carpet complete the package. Just add an amplifier and wiring, and you've got one heck of a system.
- ported enclosure with one 12" db Series subwoofer
- 3/4" MDF construction with front-panel ABS trim
- polypropylene woofer with Santoprene rubber surround
- 2-ohm impedance
- frequency response: 26-200 Hz
- power handling: 50-360 watts RMS (720 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- 17-1/4"W x 14-3/4"H x 18-11/16"D1 x 15-11/16"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AA1212-A
What's in the box:
Polk Audio db1212 owner's manual
- Hatchback style enclosure with a single 12" dB series woofer installed
- Owner's manual
- On-line registration information
Polk Audio db1212 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Polk Audio db1212
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Connector Type||Spring Posts|
|Frequency Response||26-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||360|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Polk Audio DB1212 is a bass-reflex enclosure loaded with one 12" Polk db subwoofer.
Enclosure: The DB1212 features a vented-enclosure covered in high-grade black carpet and features an ABS front-baffle and ABS grille.
- Construction: Polk uses 3/4-inch MDF with Internal bracing. The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact. A sheet of elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This tri-laminate sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that's as tight as it is powerful.
- Shape: The enclosure's back panel is angled, resulting in a greater depth at the bottom of the enclosure than at the top. The angled design allows the enclosure to fit nicely against the back of the angled rear seat in many cars. The front of the enclosure is slightly curved.
- Bass Reflex: The enclosure utilizes a side-firing slot-vent for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports.
- Grilles: Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grille protects the woofer from shifting cargo. Grille and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle's interior color.
- Binding Posts: The spring terminal binding posts will accept bare wire up to 11 gauge, pin connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs. When using banana plugs they're inserted into the same opening as bare wire. The DB1212 s wired for a 2-ohm load at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
12" Woofer: The DB1212 comes loaded with a single 12-inch, dual 4-ohm voice coil Polk Audio db subwoofers wired in parallel for a 2-ohm mono load the enclosure's speaker terminals.
- Polypropylene Cone: The cone is made with polypropylene, which provides durability while being lightweight and rigid. The cone is supported by a vented cone/coil coupler, which stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Santoprene Surround: The Santoprene surround is resistant to extremes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- NOMEX Spider: The flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple-vented Kapton Voice Coil Former: Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- Dual 4-ohm Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4-ohm voice coils. The voice coils are wired in parallel with each other, so the woofer presents a 2-ohm mono load at the enclosure's speaker terminal.
This speaker sounds great! I bought it with the Polk MOMO C500.1, and got a really good deal on the two. I put them in the trunk of my camry and it hits really hard, very low distortion too especially for the price.
Adam from San Antonio, TX