About the Polk Audio db1222
Leave it to Polk Audio to come up with a no-nonsense sub box that'll fill up your vehicle with bass without emptying your wallet. The db1222 enclosure combines a pair of 12" db Series subwoofers with a rigorously engineered cabinet for chest-thumping low end from your trunk or cargo area.
Polk uses extensive laser testing to optimize the internal structure of the db Series subwoofer to deliver fluid, powerful bass. The polypropylene cone and Santoprene surround hold up against harsh environmental effects caused by sun, moisture, and intense temperature changes, while the beefy frame ensures these subs can stand up to a pounding.
The db1222's streamlined enclosure features advanced Power Port technology for high speaker efficiency with reduced distortion. The silver ABS front panels get a facelift over previous the previous Polk db double 12" enclosure, but the box still features the same internal bracing used in their stellar home speakers to reduce resonance. Eye-catching grilles and tough black carpet complete the package. Just add an amplifier and wiring, and you've got one heck of a system.
- ported enclosure with two 12" db Series subwoofers
- 3/4" MDF construction with front-panel ABS trim
- polypropylene woofers with Santoprene rubber surrounds
- Power Port venting technology
- 2-ohm overall impedance
- frequency response: 27-200 Hz
- power handling: 50-720 watts RMS (1,440 watts peak power)
- sensitivity: 103 dB
- 32-1/2"W x 14-3/4"H x 18-1/2"D1 x 15-1/2"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AA1222-A
What's in the box:
- Hatchback style enclosure with two 12" dB series woofers installed
- Owner's manual
- On-line registration information
Polk Audio db1222 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio db1222
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12 x 2|
|Speakers Per Box||---|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||15-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring Posts|
|Frequency Response||27-200 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||720|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Polk Audio DB1222 is a bass-reflex enclosure loaded with two 12" Polk db subwoofers.
Enclosure: The DB1222 features a vented-enclosure covered in high-grade black carpet and features an ABS front-baffle and two ABS grilles.
- Construction: Polk uses 3/4-inch MDF with Internal bracing. The front baffle is clad in automotive grade ABS trim for rigidity and resistance to impact. A sheet of elastomeric damping material isolates the ABS trim from the baffle as it acts as a sealing gasket for the woofers. This tri-laminate sandwich construction prevents unwanted rattles and resonance, ensuring bass that's as tight as it is powerful.
- Shape: The enclosure's back panel is angled, resulting in a greater depth at the bottom of the enclosure than at the top. The angled design allows the enclosure to fit nicely against the back of the angled rear seat in many cars. The front of the enclosure is slightly curved.
- Bass Reflex: Polk Audio's patented Power Port venting technology reduces air turbulence at the port mouth for higher bass output with vastly lower noise and distortion compared to conventional ports.
- Grilles: Wheel-style heavy-duty ABS grilles protect the drivers from shifting cargo. Grilles and baffle may be painted to match the vehicle's interior color.
- Binding Posts: The spring terminal binding posts will accept bare wire up to 11 gauge, pin connectors, banana plugs, and dual banana plugs. When using banana plugs they're inserted into the same opening as bare wire. The DB1222 s wired for a 2-ohm load at the enclosure's speaker terminals.
Dual Woofers: The DB1222 comes loaded with two 12-inch, 4-ohm Polk Audio db subwoofers wired in parallel for a 2-ohm mono load the the enclosure's speaker terminals.
- Polypropylene Cone: The cone is made with polypropylene, which provides durability while being lightweight and rigid. The cone is supported by a vented cone/coil coupler, which stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Santoprene Surround: The Santoprene surround is resistant to extremes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- NOMEX Spider: The flat NOMEX Spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple-vented Kapton Voice Coil Former: Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton Voice Coil Former, Cone/Coil Coupler and Pole Piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?