About the Polk Audio DB 652
The DB+ tweeters are designed for optimal dispersion of the high frequencies.
If you're building your new system on a budget, Polk Audio's DB+ Series speakers are a dynamite value as well as being stellar performers. Their journey to excellence begins with a laser-imaged design that ensures minimal distortion, a smooth response, and incredible sonic detail.
Honed Polk perfection
These DB652 2-way speakers feature a 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer cone with a strong rubber surround for solid playback and resilience under the environmental stress that comes with living in your car doors. A 3/4" silk dome tweeter delivers smooth highs with precision to give you a vibrant soundstage, while a built-in crossover keeps the highs and lows flowing to the proper drivers.
Handles up to 100 watts RMS
With power handling up to 100 watts RMS, you'll do fine driving this system with an aftermarket receiver, but these speakers will reach peak performance if you power them with a nice amp.
For custom installation
Polk includes mounting hardware, along with boldly designed grilles that add flare to your vehicle's interior if you're doing a custom installation.
Note: Polk includes brackets to fit a 6-3/4" opening.
- 2-way car speakers (pair)
- marine certified — recommended for fresh water and powersports applications
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- 3/4" silk dome tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 40-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- top-mount depth: 1-13/16"
- grilles included
- includes adapter rings for 6-3/4" openings
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DB652
What's in the box:
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Mounting brackets (includes GM/Chrysler)
- Two 12" Lengths of speaker wire (tinned wire on one end and female quick slides on the other)
- 4 Red plastic butt connectors
- Eight 1" Stainless steel screws
- 8 Stainless steel speed clips
- Owner's manual
- Online registration information
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Polk Audio DB 652 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio DB 652
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||40 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 7/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.448|
Dynamic Balance: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion.
Mounting: The speaker baskets have multiple mounting holes and are designed to fit standard 3-hole 6-1/2, Ford's 4-hole 6-1/2, and 6-3/4 applications. (A speaker baffle should be used to seal the inner ring of screw holes in 6-3/4 installations.) The included adapter brackets can be used to fit many specialized factory speaker applications. The brackets are also useful as a spacer in shallow locations; the brackets add 0.232" to the speakers' mounting height and subtract 0.232" from the mounting depth. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Marine Certification: Polk speakers are marine certified, making them a good choice for boats in fresh water, convertibles, motorcycles, ATVs, and other applications where the speaker might get wet. Because they have coated steel baskets and the terminals and crossover components are not covered, we do not recommend using them in salt water environments.
The Polk Audio DB 652 replaces these items
- Plus One+ polypropylene woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" textile dome tweeter
- handles up to 55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power)
- polymer composite woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter
- built-in 2-way crossover network
- polymer/mica composite woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" liquid-cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeter
- power range: 6-55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power)
23 questions already asked