About the Polk Audio Signature Elite ES10
Versatile home theater speakers
Versatile home theater speakers
Polk Signature ES10 speakers are compact and wall-mountable — perfectly suited to act as side or rear speakers in a Dolby Atmos or DTS:X surround sound system. Plus, they'll do a great job playing your stereo music, including high-resolution audio sources. And they have a sleek, attractive look that complements your home decor.
Built for smooth sound
The ES10s are made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Each cabinet houses a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments and vocals. The highly efficient 4" Dynamic Balance® woofer is made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene. Non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinets and anti-diffraction magnetic grilles provide an acoustically inert structure for clean, open sound. Polk's exclusive Power Port technology helps these ultra-compact speakers deliver better low-frequency response.
- 4" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone driver
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts
- frequency response: 78-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 84 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- Power Port® technology for enhanced bass response
- non-resonant MDF cabinet
- anti-diffraction magnetic grilles
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- keyhole slot and threaded insert for wall-mounting
Dimensions and warranty:
- 5-7/16"W x 8-7/16"H x 6-3/16"D
- weight: 6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300362-03-00-005
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grille (attached)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Wall-mount template
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Polk Audio Signature Elite ES10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Signature Elite ES10
Features & specs
|Finish||MDF, Wood-grain vinyl|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-reinforced polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Frequency Response||78-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dynamic Balance Drivers: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion. Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur. Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. The Polk Signature Elite ES10 bookshelf loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and one 4" woofer.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: The Signature Elite ES10 bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- 4" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofer: The Signature Elite ES10 bookshelf speaker employs one 4" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofer for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass. This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofer features a butyl rubber surround, massive ceramic motor structure, and a high-temperature Conex fiber spider that combine to create a driver of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Phase-Optimized Precision Crossover: The Signature Elite Series bookshelf speaker employs a high-performance two-way, phase-optimized precision crossover (2.1kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofer, creating a lifelike soundstage.
Power Port Technology: The Signature Elite ES10 bookshelf incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed rear-firing port. Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion. Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The bookshelf speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound. The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration. The enclosure comes in a beautiful black, white, or walnut wood-grain vinyl finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille: The Signature Elite ES10 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the bookshelf speaker.
5-Way Binding Posts: The bookshelf loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black). The speaker is 8-ohm rated.
Applications & Placement: The Signature Elite ES10 bookshelf speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup. They can also be used in a stereo music application. If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the ES10 should be set to "Small" to filter out low bass frequencies.
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them. You may also choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the ES10 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind and above the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall above the listening area.
Mounting Options: The ES10 bookshelf loudspeakers come with self-adhesive rubber feet so they will sit safely and securely on your speaker stands or shelf. The included rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of the speaker. The bookshelf speakers also have a keyhole slot bracket on the back panel, allowing the speakers to be mounted on the wall using optional mounting screws (sold separately). In addition, there is a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of each speaker allowing you to wall-mount the speakers with an optional mounting bracket (sold separately). A wall-mount template is provided to assist you.
Signature Elite Series: Polk designed its Signature Elite Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price. Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature Elite series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Elite Series by Polk consists of three floorstanding speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, one center-channel speaker, and one LCR speaker.
- Floorstanding Speakers: ES50, ES55, ES60
- Bookshelf Speakers: ES10, ES15, ES20
- Center-Channel Speaker: ES30
- LCR Speaker: ES35
Note: You may also want to add one of Polk Audio's powered subwoofers (sold separately) for even more bass response.