About the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX
The MagniFi Mini AX sound bar system easily fits in most spaces and delivers way bigger sound than its ultra-compact size suggests.
The MagniFi Mini AX packs a ton of value with support for immersive multichannel formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. This tiny sound bar and subwoofer system delivers an expansive soundstage with a level of detail and precision you'd expect from a much bigger and more expensive bar. Its 3D audio mode adds a virtual height dimension, enhances surround effects, and even upmixes stereo audio for bigger, more involving sound.
Music streaming options aplenty
If you want to chill and listen to music, this bar has you covered with built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in, and Spotify Connect. With all these options, it's easy to wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. Need to decompress after a long day? You're just a couple swipes away from the Black Keys' "Just Got to Be" — and that always seems to make the evening feel a little smoother.
Apple fans are in good hands, too. AirPlay 2 lets you stream using an iPhone® or iPad® and connect the sound bar to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you're a subscriber to Apple Music®, you can even use Siri to control and play that service with your voice.
Deep, no-hassle bass
The included subwoofer connects wirelessly to the sound bar for easy placement and setup. Just turn it on and hit "Connect" on the back of the sub. With a ported cabinet that delivers extended bass, this sub helps bring the rumble to your favorite movies and games.
Don't miss the quiet moments
Quiet conversations can sometimes get lost in the mix of a movie or game's soundtrack. We've all strained our ears at some point to catch important lines. The MagniFi Mini AX has a dedicated center channel to bring conversations front and center. And Polk's VoiceAdjust™ technology lets you further boost voice levels to make sure you're consistently getting clear, intelligible dialogue.
The sound bar includes a remote with simple, intuitive controls. But it's also pre-programmed to work with most TV remotes currently on the market. No scrambling for the right remote — you can just use the one already in your hands.
The MagniFi Mini AX's preset sound modes also help you make quick adjustments with the press of a button. There are presets for movies, music, and watching TV at night when the kids are down for the count.
Expand your sound
Increase your movie-night drama by expanding your home theater to 5.1 with the optional Polk SR2 wireless surround kit (sold separately). This kit delivers true, wraparound rear-channel surround effects for deeper immersion. The speakers also connect wirelessly to the sound bar, so you only need to plug in to an AC outlet instead of running speaker wire across your room.
- ultra-compact sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 3.1-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- patented SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array) 3D audio technology for a precise, wide soundstage
- 3D Mode adds a virtual height dimension, enhances surround effects, and upmixes stereo audio sources
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you easily stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- built-in Spotify® Connect for music streaming
- Roku TV Ready for seamless connection and set up with a Roku TV
- built-in five-driver speaker-array:
- three 2" midrange woofers (left, center, right)
- two 3/4" tweeters (left, right)
- Polk VoiceAdjust technology boosts the volume of voices for crystal-clear dialogue
- Night Mode lowers bass output and increases VoiceAdjust without raising the overall volume
- 14-7/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 5-1/4"D
- 5" x 7" down-firing woofer
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 7-1/4"W x 14-9/16"H x 15-7/8"D
- 1 HDMI port (cable included)
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm analog audio input
- USB-A input for firmware updates
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- 58" AC power cord
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 57" HDMI cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
- Online Registration Card
Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1|
|Virtual Surround||SDA Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar), Ported (sub|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||Not given|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Voice Control||Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Online Music Sources||via Chromecast|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/8H x 14-7/16W x 5-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||14-9/16H x 7-1/4W x 15-7/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
WiFi & Bluetooth
Soundbar & Subwoofer
Ultra-Compact Subwoofer: The Polk MagniFi Mini AX's soundbar features an ultra-compact design that fits tight spaces and still delivers big, room-filling sound. The soundbar speaker is equipped with 3-channel driver array consisting of left and right channels, as well as a dedicated center channel. The left and right channels each consists of a 0.5" tweeter and 2" midrange driver, while the dedicated center channel features a single 2" full-range driver - all powered by a built-in amplifier.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer reproduces deep bass impact that you can feel from your movie and music soundtracks. It houses a down-firing 5" x 7" woofer, down-firing bass port, and a built-in amplifier. You can independently adjust the wireless powered sub's bass level from the rest of the system's overall volume level. This compact subwoofer connects wirelessly to the soundbar for convenient placement (it does not require and AC power outlet).
Optional Wireless Surrounds: Add Polk's SR2 wireless surround speakers (sold separately) to get even more immersion with full, multi-dimensional 5.1ch surround sound.
SDA 3D Audio Technology: The Polk MagniFi Mini AX can create room-filling Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound, enhanced with Polk's patented SDA (Stereo Dimensional Array) 3D audio technology. Polk's patented SDA 3D Audio technology creates an expansive three-dimensional soundstage and detailed stereo image. SDA both heightens and widens the soundstage providing an immersive room-filling sound without sacrificing clarity. A unique 3D Audio Mode adds this same virtual width and height dimension to any movie or music soundtrack for an immersive listening experience. In addition to Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the MagniFi Mini AX supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, and DTS.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos creates powerful, immersive audio with sound that comes from all directions (including overhead) to fill your home cinema with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. Dolby Atmos brings to life a movie's soundtrack with sound that flows all around you in three-dimensional space to completely immerse you in the action, heightening your cinematic experience.
- DTS:X: DTS:X places sound in a movie soundtrack where it would occur naturally in space, creating a truly lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience. DTS:X replicates a real-world sound environment that transports you (the audience) into a new dimension of sound immersion by delivering a truly captivating home cinema experience.
Note: Because the MagniFi Mini AX does not feature dedicated surround or height channels, surround and overhead channels are mixed with the soundbar's left and right channels to create a matrixed 3D soundfield for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and other compatible Dolby Digital and DTS multichannel audio formats.
Optimized EQ Presets: One button preset EQ settings for Movies, 3D, Music, All Channel, and Night optimize the soundbar and subwoofer to ensure you get the clearest dialog, big surround sound and deep bass for the best audio and home theater experience regardless of what you are watching or if you are watching late at night.
- Movie: Use this mode to optimize non-musical content, such as dialogue and sound effects, in TV shows and movies.
- 3D: Use this mode for an enveloping 3D sound experience. This mode enhances the height and surround effects in Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio formats and simulates these effects for other program formats.
- Music: Use this mode for streaming music or for enhancing musical content in TV shows and movies.
- All Channel: Use this mode when listening to music to send the front left and right channels to your surround speakers. This mode is only available when Polk SR2 surround speakers (sold separately) are connected.
- Night: Use this mode for low-volume listening. This mode reduces bass and volume dynamics while improving voice intelligibility.
Audio Adjustments: The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX offers several audio settings to fine-tune the soundbar system to your preference and application.
- Voice Adjust: Voice Adjust technology dramatically increases vocal clarity and volume level for crystal clear dialog no matter what you're watching. Using the remote control, you can customize the voice levels of the soundbar to reproduce clear, crisp dialog and never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
- Bass Control: Use the Bass controls on the remote to easily adjust bass volume for more or less impact from the wireless powered subwoofer.
- Audio Delay: If the soundbar audio is out of sync with your TV dialog on-screen, you can manually adjust the timing using the Audio Delay adjustment feature from the remote control.
HDMI eARC: The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX can connect to your TV via HDMI eARC or HDMI ARC (depending on the capability of your TV). For optimum performance, use an HDMI eARC connection. eARC stands for enhanced Audio Return Channel and allows full-resolution sound signals, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to be passed from your TV to the soundbar system.
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV with eARC, the multichannel audio formats supported include Dolby Atmos (uncompressed), Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS:X, DTS HD, and DTS.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): If you connect to a TV using ARC, the multichannel audio formats supported are dependent on your TV model and manufacturer. The TV may be capable of sending Dolby Atmos (compressed), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, and DTS. An ARC connection cannot support Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD, or DTS:X.
Note: The HDMI eARC jack supports audio transmission only; there is no video transmission.
Digital & Analog Audio Inputs: In addition to HDMI eARC connectivity, the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX soundbar system provides an optical (toslink) digital input and analog minijack (3.5mm) input for connectivity to your TV our other source components. You should make sure to turn your TV speakers off or set to "0".
- Optical Digital Input: The soundbar features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital and DTS program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
- Stereo Minijack Input: The soundbar is equipped with an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output). If your TV is equipped with stereo RCA outputs, you will need a stereo minijack-to-RCA adapter cable (sold separately).
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the MagniFi Mini AX soundbar speaker system to respond to your TV's IR remote (basic functions only - Power/Input/Volume/Mute). In addition, there are controls on the top-panel of the soundbar speaker.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can simply be placed on a tabletop, stand, or shelf. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 30' from soundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
Note: The soundbar speaker is not wall-mountable.
Power Requirements: Both the soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will require an AC power outlet. The soundbar comes with an AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord) and detachable 58" AC power cord, while the wireless powered subwoofer comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord.
WiFi & Bluetooth
WiFi Network Connection: The Polk Audio MagniFi Mini AX offers built-in, dual-band 2.4/5GHz WiFi (802.11ac) that allows you to connect wirelessly to your home's WiFi network router and ISP (internet service provider). By connecting the soundbar & subwoofer system to your home's network router and ISP, you can gain access to Chromecast Built-in with optional Google voice control, Spotify Connect, and Apple AirPlay 2 with Siri.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Polk Audio soundbar system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the soundbar & subwoofer system. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Polk soundbar speaker system.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Polk MagniFi Mini AX. You'll be able to cast many of your favorite internet radio stations, online music services, and podcast to the Polk active sound bar speaker system. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Polk MagniFi Mini AX. While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the Polk soundbar speaker system. Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 14.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to setup Chromecast built-in on your mobile device and the Polk MagniFi Mini AX active soundbar speaker system.
- Music & Radio: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 5.0+) device to the Polk MagniFi Mini AX. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: The Polk MagniFi Mini AX delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional Polk Link Series and other Chromecast built-in speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the built-in Google Assistant and your voice.
- Optional Voice Control: With a Google Assistant enabled smart speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to control playback of compatible Chromecast built-in music apps. With a simple voice command, you can play music from Chromecast compatible music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood or activity. You can also turn up the volume, skip to the next track, or stop the music.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Polk MagniFi Mini AX from within the Spotify app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device, as well as your Windows PC or Mac computer. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world. Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Polk MagniFi Mini AX features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the soundbar & subwoofer system. You can pair multiple Bluetooth source devices with the Polk MagniFi Mini AX, but only one device can be connected for playback at a time. The Polk system has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 32.8' (10m).
- You will continue to use your Bluetooth source device for playback control and to view song/artist/album information.
- The system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.