About the Polk Audio MagniFi Sound Bar™
Follow the dialogue, stay in the story
Follow the dialogue, stay in the story
Polk Audio's MagniFi system sports a slim sound bar and a wireless subwoofer.
I'm the first to admit, my ears aren't what they once were (after so many years behind a drum kit). Whispered dialogue can be tough, and backing up and replaying scenes can be annoying and distracting. The slim MagniFi Sound Bar from Polk Audio has a patent-pending VoiceAdjust™ feature that caught my attention. It promises to optimize the clarity of spoken dialogue — an intriguing prospect for those of us who've been known to ride the volume button on the remote.
Hooking up the MagniFi Sound Bar is quick and easy. It connects to your TV with just a single audio cable (optical digital if your TV has that type of output; otherwise via an analog 3.5mm stereo mini cable). Using the digital connection lets you take advantage of the bar's built-in Dolby® Digital decoding. Speaking of connections, the MagniFi has built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to stream music and other sources from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly. If your device has NFC (Near Field Communication), you can simply touch it to the sound bar for easy, instantaneous Bluetooth pairing.
A convenient wireless subwoofer
The included sub sports a 7" woofer to deliver satisfying bass. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly, which makes placing it in your room a more convenient affair — you'll just need to plug it into a wall outlet for power. Polk built in a time alignment feature to ensure that the sound bar and sub fire accurately together, for optimal sound.
- slim sound bar houses three 3" x 1" drivers
- wireless subwoofer with 7" driver
- 300 watts total system power
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible smartphones
- Polk VoiceAdjust™ technology helps keep dialogue intelligible, with adjustable center channel level
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- learns your TV remote's commands for single-remote use
- optical digital audio input (6' cable included)
- 3.5mm minijack input (6' mini-to-mini cable included)
- remote control included
- system frequency response 40-22,000 Hz
- sound bar: 38-1/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 3-1/4"D
- warranty: 3 years (speakers), 1 year (electronics)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM8111-A
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- Two 6' AC power cords
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 6' Stereo minijack cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Product Information
Polk Audio MagniFi Sound Bar™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio MagniFi Sound Bar™
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Midrange||3" x 1" (3)|
|System Frequency Response||40-22k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||150|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/8H x 38-1/16W x 3-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||12-15/16H x 12-1/16W x 10-3/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Polk Audio Magnifi soundbar speaker houses three 3" x 1" full-range drivers powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The soundbar's critically tuned ports provide optimum blending of the full-range drivers with the included wireless powered sub. The Magnifi soundbar speaker employs two of Polk's proprietary technologies for exceptional performance.
- VoiceAdjust Technology: VoiceAdjust Technology uses an adjustable three element line array with the center driver receiving the greater share of the bandwidth in order to provide clean clear, crisp dialogue, whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side.
- Full Complement Bass Drive: Polk's exclusive Full Complement Bass Drive Technology in the soundbar improves lower midrange, upper bass tonal richness, fast transient response and overall output capability.
Wireless Powered Sub: The wireless powered subwoofer features a down-firing 7" woofer and port in compact Bass Reflex enclosure. The 7" woofer is powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The powered subwoofer receives it audio signal wirelessly (up to 50') from the system's soundbar, so there is no subwoofer cable to connect. If you prefer, a wired connection (3.5mm) can be used. You can adjust the volume of the sub independently from the system's overall volume.
Analog + Digital Connectivity: The Polk Audio Magnifi soundbar system provides both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) connectivity for a variety of source components.
- Digital Connection (Dolby Digital compatible): The soundbar features a single optical (toslink) digital input to connect your flat-panel TV. The optical input can decode and reproduce Dolby Digital 5.1 program material. The soundbar's digital input also supports 2-channel PCM.
- Analog Connections: The soundbar is equipped with an analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your television (which may lack an optical digital output). If your TV is equipped with stereo RCA outputs, a minijack-to-RCA will be required.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Polk Audio Magnifi soundbar system supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the soundbar speaker system. You will continue to your Bluetooth-enable mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- aptX Compatible: The Magnifi soundbar system employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids w/ OS 4.0+).
- Simple Pairing: The Magnifi soundbar system pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 8) with a single press of a button. Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 4.0+) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the soundbar speaker and they're paired. Once paired, the Magnifi soundbar system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Polk Audio Magnifi soundbar speaker system.
DJ Stream App: Download the free DJ Stream app onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (4.0+) device from the Apple App Store or GooglePlay Store for Party Mode. Now, up to 4 friends (1 host/3 guests) can create their own playlist from the music stored on their device and play their music through the Polk Magnifi soundbar speaker system. Only one playlist can be active at a time, The "Host" has the ability to select which playlist is active and control the music from his or her device. Up to 128 friends can be connected via the app to vote on songs from the 4 connected playlists.
Note: Your Apple iOS or Android device will need an active Bluetooth connection to the Polk Audio Magnifi soundbar speaker system.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the system. You can also program the Magnifi soundbar speaker system to respond to your TV's remote.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker should be centered under or above your flat-panel TV screen. The lightweight easy-to-mount single speaker can be placed on a tabletop or wall-mounted. It can sit on a flat surface because of its integrated rubber feet that enable it to rest securely. If your TV is wall-mounted, the soundbar can be mounted right beneath it using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (x2) on the rear-panel. The keyhole slots are spaced 28.625" apart. The powered subwoofer receives its signal from the soundbar wirelessly, so it can be placed virtually anywhere in the room (up to 50' from soundbar). It only requires plugging into an AC outlet.
7 questions already asked