About the Polk Audio Monitor XT15
Compact, versatile speakers
Compact, versatile speakers
The value-priced Monitor XT15 packs tried-and-true Polk technology into a compact bookshelf speaker pair. They work well in stereo setups or as front or surround speakers in a home theater system. Inside each cabinet, a 5-1/4" cone woofer and 1" Terylene dome tweeter provide high-resolution sound for your music, TV shows, and video games.
- 5-1/4" bi-laminate paper cone woofer
- 1" Terylene dome tweeter
- handles up to 150 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- frequency response: 48-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- 5-way nickel-plated binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-9/16"W x 10-5/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- weight: 9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300147-01-00-005
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (attached)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Polk Audio Monitor XT15 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Monitor XT15
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Bi-laminate paper|
|Frequency Response||48-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Polk Monitor XT15 bookshelf loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a Hi-Res 1" Terylene tweeter and a 5.25" bi-laminate paper cone woofer for dynamic, full-range sound.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter delivers clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- 5.25" Bi-Laminate Paper Woofer: The 5.25" bi-laminate paper cone woofer provides a clean and open midrange sound, plus punchy and responsive bass with low distortion. You'll hear voices clearly, instruments distinctly, and effects immersively when listening to your movie and music soundtracks.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The Monitor XT15 bookshelf speaker utilizes a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The critically braced MDF cabinet isolates the sound of the tweeter and woofer without adding unwanted resonances. The bass reflex MDF cabinet is finished in a black vinyl wrap and comes with a grey cloth grille.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Monitor XT15 bookshelf loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding posts. These nickel-plated binding posts guarantee a direct, lossless connection. The binding posts will support bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You'll need to remove the plastic caps from the binding posts in order to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The Polk Monitor XT15 bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet so they will sit safely and securely on your speaker stands or shelf. The included rubber feet add approximately 0.25" to the height of the speaker.
Note: The Monitor XT15 does not include any brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
Applications & Placement: The Monitor XT15 bookshelf speaker can be used as front and/or surround speaker in a home theater setup. It can also be used in a stereo music application..
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them. You may also choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the Monitor XT15 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind and above the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall above the listening area.
Monitor XT Series: With Polk Monitor XT Series loudspeakers, you'll maximize your enjoyment of movies, music and gaming with loud and clear, high-resolution sound, plus effortless bass. Hi-Res Audio Certified, affordable priced, and built to exceed Polk's patented quality-testing process, the Monitor XT Series fulfills the Polk promise of great sound for all. The Monitor XT Series comprises of two floorstanding loudspeakers XT60 / XT70), two bookshelf loudspeakers (XT15 / XT20), two center-channel speakers (XT30 / XT35), a Dolby-Atmos enabled speaker (XT90), and a powered subwoofer (XT12) - all sold separately.