About the Polk Audio Monitor XT60
A value-priced tower speaker
A value-priced tower speaker
Polk's Monitor XT60 is a value-priced floor-stander that delivers high-resolution sound for music, movies, and video games. Use a pair in a stereo setup or as your home theater's front left and right speakers. This tower features a 1" dome tweeter, 6-1/2" woofer, and two 6-1/2" bass radiators to add some extra low-end response
- 1" Terylene dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" bi-laminate paper cone woofer
- two 6-1/2" passive bass radiators
- handles up to 200 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- frequency response: 38-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- 5-way nickel-plated binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 9-1/16"W x 36-7/16"H x 9-15/16"D
- weight: 20 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300146-01-00-005
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (attached)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Monitor XT60
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Bi-laminate paper|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||Optional|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||38-40k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Polk Monitor XT60 floorstanding loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a Hi-Res 1" Terylene tweeter, one 6.5" bi-laminate paper cone woofer, and two 6.5" passive radiators for dynamic, full-range sound with effortless bass.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter delivers clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- 6.5" Bi-Laminate Paper Woofer: The 6.5" bi-laminate paper cone woofer provides a clean and open midrange sound, plus punchy and responsive bass with low distortion. You'll hear voices clearly, instruments distinctly, and effects immersively when enjoying a movie or listening to music.
- Dual 6.5" Passive Radiators: Dual 6.5" passive radiators aid in producing deep, impactful bass with low distortion for your movie and music soundtracks.
MDF Cabinet: The critically braced MDF cabinet isolates the sound of the tweeter, woofer, and radiators without adding unwanted resonances. The MDF cabinet is finished in a black vinyl wrap and comes with a grey cloth grille.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Monitor XT60 floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding posts. These nickel-plated binding posts guarantee a direct, lossless connection. The binding posts will support bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You'll need to remove the plastic caps from the binding posts in order to use banana plugs..
Rubber Feet: The Polk Monitor XT60 floorstanding speaker features an integrated plinth (base) with rubber feet that allow for placement on hard surface or carpet flooring. The plinth and feet come pre-installed and should not be removed.
Applications & Placement: The Monitor XT60 floorstanding speaker can be used as front and/or surround speaker in a home theater setup. It can also be used in a stereo music application..
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them. You may also choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the Monitor XT60 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind and above the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall bejomd the listening area.
Optional Dolby Atmos Toppers: The Monitor XT90 Dolby Atmos speaker module (sold separately) is designed to fit perfectly on top of the Monitor XT60 floorstanding speaker to create overhead and height effects for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie soundtracks.
Monitor XT Series:With Polk Monitor XT Series loudspeakers, you'll maximize your enjoyment of movies, music and gaming with loud and clear, high-resolution sound, plus effortless bass. Hi-Res Audio Certified, affordable priced, and built to exceed Polk's patented quality-testing process, the Monitor XT Series fulfills the Polk promise of great sound for all. The Monitor XT Series comprises of two floorstanding loudspeakers XT60 / XT70), two bookshelf loudspeakers (XT15 / XT20), two center-channel speakers (XT30 / XT35), a Dolby-Atmos enabled speaker (XT90), and a powered subwoofer (XT12) - all sold separately.