About the Polk Audio Monitor XT90
Add a dimension to your home theater
These height channel modules can be wall-mounted or placed atop matching Polk Audio Monitor XT Series bookshelf or tower speakers for more involving surround sound. They connect to your receiver's "height" channels so you can experience overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers. A home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos is required for operation.
- pair of height channel speaker modules
- 4" bi-laminate paper woofer
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver's height channels for power and signal
- power handling: up to 100 watts
- frequency response: 94-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- 5-way nickel-plated binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-9/16"W x 5-11/16"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 6 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300148-01-00-005
What's in the box:
- 2 Height speaker modules
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 8 Rubber feet (pre-installed) 4 Self-adhesive wire clamps
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Monitor XT90
Height Speaker Module: The Monitor XT90 speaker is designed to fit perfectly atop Polk's Monitor XT20 bookshelf speaker or Polk's Monitor XT60 and XT70 floorstanding speakers to enhance movies and games in Dolby Atmos/DTS:X with immersive 3D sound. The Monitor XT90 was designed to take full advantage of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X height audio channels by reflecting the sound off your ceiling to add a true third dimension to the soundfield of your home theater.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos creates powerful, immersive audio with sound that comes from all directions (including overhead) to fill your home cinema with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. Dolby Atmos brings to life a movie's soundtrack with sound that flows all around you in three-dimensional space to completely immerse you in the action, heightening your cinematic experience.
- DTS:X: DTS:X places sound in a movie soundtrack where it would occur naturally in space, creating a truly lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience. DTS:X replicates a real-world sound environment that transports you (the audience) into a new dimension of sound immersion by delivering a truly captivating home cinema experience.
4" Bi-Laminate Paper Woofer: The Polk Monitor XT90 houses a single 4" bi-laminate paper cone woofer that provides a clean and open midrange sound with low distortion. You'll hear the overhead effects distinctly when listening to your movie and music soundtracks.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Cabinet: The Polk Monitor XT90 speaker utilizes an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet for accurate and detailed sound. The critically braced MDF cabinet isolates the sound of the 4" driver without adding unwanted resonances. The sealed MDF cabinet is finished in a black vinyl wrap and comes with a grey cloth grille.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Monitor XT90 Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding posts. These nickel-plated binding posts guarantee a direct, lossless connection. The binding posts will support bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). You'll need to remove the plastic caps from the binding posts in order to use banana plugs.
Applications: The Polk Monitor XT90 can be utilized as a height speaker module that reflects sound off the ceiling for overhead effects in a Dolby Atmos/DTS:X home theater setup; or it can be used as traditional surround and surround back speaker in a Dolby Digital/DTS home theater setup.
Mounting Options: The Monitor XT90 height speaker module is designed to be sit atop select Polk Monitor XT Series loudspeakers or other loudspeakers with similar dimensions, placed on a shelf, or even wall mounted. The integrated rubber feet sit the speaker safely and securely on top of your speaker or shelf.
- Monitor XT Series: The Monitor XT90 height speaker module is designed to fit perfectly on top of Polk's Monitor XT20 bookshelf speaker or Polk's Monitor XT60 and XT70 floorstanding speakers. When placed atop one of these select Polk Monitor speakers, the Monitor XT90's driver fires upward and reflects sound off the ceiling for overhead effects.
- Universal Topper: The Monitor XT90 can also be used on top of other bookshelf and floorstanding loudspeakers that have similar dimensions to the Polk Monitor XT Series. The XT90 measures 7.5625" (w) x 5.6875" (h) x 8.5" (d). Make sure the top of your loudspeaker can accommodate these dimensions.
- Table-Top: The Monitor XT90 speaker can even be simply placed on a shelf or table-top with its driver firing upwards to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead effects of your movie soundtrack.
- Wall-Mount: The Monitor XT90 can also be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slot (mounting screws not included) and used as a traditional surround or surround back speaker. When mounted on the wall, the Monitor XT90 fires its sound forward and does not reflect sound off the ceiling.
Monitor XT Series: With Polk Monitor XT Series loudspeakers, you'll maximize your enjoyment of movies, music and gaming with loud and clear, high-resolution sound, plus effortless bass. Hi-Res Audio Certified, affordable priced, and built to exceed Polk's patented quality-testing process, the Monitor XT Series fulfills the Polk promise of great sound for all. The Monitor XT Series comprises of two floorstanding loudspeakers XT60 / XT70), two bookshelf loudspeakers (XT15 / XT20), two center-channel speakers (XT30 / XT35), a Dolby-Atmos enabled speaker (XT90), and a powered subwoofer (XT12) - all sold separately.