About the Polk Audio Omni P1
Stream music with your current stereo
The Omni P1 lets you add wireless music streaming to your existing stereo, controlled by your smartphone or tablet.
Stream music with your current stereo
Wish you could update your existing stereo with the latest cool streaming music features? There's a simple solution — just add the Polk Audio Omni P1 wireless music adapter. This compact device lets you stream music from your smartphone or tablet from the free Omni app through your stereo or home theater system. It operates on your Wi-Fi® network and takes just minutes to set up wirelessly. Plus, you can add Polk's Omni wireless speakers to more rooms, to listen to the same song throughout your house, or a different tune in every room.
Play loads of music wirelessly with your smartphone or tablet
The Omni P1 offers lots of ways to listen to music. The free Polk Omni app for Apple® and Android™ is your hub for accessing music stored on your smartphone or tablet. You can also stream music from networked computers and music servers. If you're one of the millions of Spotify® Premium subscribers, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. There's also support for Pandora®, Amazon Music, TIDAL, and SiriusXM. Plus, you can choose from over 37,000 free Internet radio streams, for a nearly endless supply of music and other programming.
Analog and digital outputs let you connect the Omni P1 to your integrated amp, stereo, or home theater receiver.
Play-Fi® turns every smartphone into its own music system
The key to the Omni P1's wireless music capability is Play-Fi. Developed by audio innovator DTS, Play-Fi allows you to send the same song to multiple components and speakers, play a different song in every room, or let each member of the family control speakers independently with their own device. Play-Fi can transmit lossless audio at CD quality to up to 16 speakers or components on your network. Best of all, the Polk Omni P1 can work with other Play-Fi devices from other manufacturers. That means you can mix and match different brands of wireless speakers and components, offering more flexibility than closed systems.
Analog and digital connections
Whether you have a vintage integrated amp or a brand new home theater receiver, the Omni P1 has the connections you need to start streaming music wirelessly. There are analog stereo outputs as well as optical and coaxial digital outputs. There's also a minijack input, so you can connect a portable music player — perfect for that iPod Classic® that's loaded with digital tunes.
Easy wireless setup
To set up the Omni P1, download the free Polk Omni app to your Apple or Android device. It will walk you through the quick wireless setup procedure, so you can start enjoying streaming music through your stereo in minutes.
Explore the entire Polk Audio Omni system and build your whole-house music system
Omni S2 - Compact size, great sound, easy wireless music listening with your smartphone or tablet.
Omni S2 Rechargeable - A rechargeable battery and a weather-resistant design allow outdoor use with this compact speaker.
Omni P1 - Add the Omni wireless system to your existing stereo.
Omni A1 - Connect a pair of speakers to this amplified wireless player.
Omni SB1 - This sound bar and subwoofer bring wireless music to your home theater.
- DTS Play-Fi software allows P1 to communicate with other Polk Omni devices, as well as other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- free Polk/Play-Fi app for Apple and Android devices offers easy music selection and playback
- plays music stored on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, Rhapsody, Amazon Prime, TIDAL, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone or tablet
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- analog stereo RCA outputs for connection to an integrated amp (cable included)
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial for connection to a receiver or digital-to-analog converter
- 3.5mm AUX input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player
- USB port for firmware updates and phone charging
- front-panel volume buttons
- AC adapter included
- 7-11/16"W x 2"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year (2 years with registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- MFR # AM6911-A
What's in the box:
- Wireless music adapter
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 5' Stereo RCA cable
- Setup Guide
- Important Product Information
- Preferred Service Program
Polk Audio Omni P1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Omni P1
Omni P1 Wireless Music Adapter: The Omni P1 wireless music adapter is a simple, easy, and fast way to bring wireless audio to your existing home entertainment system that features a free analog (RCA/Minijack) or digital (Optical/Coaxial) input.
Omni Series: The Omni P1 is part of Polk Audio's Omni Collection, a series of wireless products that allow you to control what you want to listen to from your smartphone, tablet, or computer and stream it wirelessly to any room. You can start with one Omni series wireless product and then add more throughout your home or office.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: Polk Audio's Omni series collection of wireless speakers, amplifiers, and adapters employ DTS Play-Fi wireless technology for wireless sound that is reliable and high-quality. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi (802.11 g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz) wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand (like Definitive Technology, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Simple Setup: There are two methods for connecting the DTS Play-Fi wireless music adapter to your home network. You can perform WiFi setup via the Polk Omni App on your Apple iOS/Android mobile device or Windows PC (this setup allows you to connect multiple Play-Fi device at once to your network). You can also use the WPS button on the preamp if your wireless router supports WPS (this setup only allows you to connect one Play-Fi device at a time to your network).
Polk Omni App: Download the free Polk Omni App onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) device, Android (2.2+) smartphone/tablet, or Windows (7/8) PC for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device or computer. From the app you can initially set up the Omni wireless speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your Omni and DTS Play-Fi components. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or PC to multiple Omni series and DTS Play-Fi enabled products throughout your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: Polk Audio's Omni series wireless collection supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream your music files from your music library on your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.0+) device to the Polk Audio Omni wireless music adapter through the free Polk Omni app.
- Online Music Services: From the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, and Internet Radio. While the DTS Play-Fi app is free, not all the online music services are (subscription & purchasing fees may apply).
- Computer Audio: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the free Polk Omni app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Supported Music Files: The Polk Audio Omni series wireless system and DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi device and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Maximum Number of Rooms/Zones Supported: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended.
Digital + Analog Outputs: The Polk Omni P1 wireless music adapter is equipped with two digital inputs and one analog input to connect to your existing home entertainment system. There is one optical (toslink) digital input and one coaxial (RCA) digital input that will accept up to 2ch PCM audio (not Dolby Digital/DTS). There is also one stereo RCA analog input.
Aux Input: A 3.5mm auxiliary input lets you connect and play music from other audio sources, such as a portable CD player or MP3 player with an audio output or headphone output jack. This input can only be played back at the P1 location and cannot be used for a multiroom application.
AC Power: The Polk Omni P1 wireless music adapter operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked