About the Polk Audio Reserve R700
Top-of-the-line performance for music and movies
Top-of-the-line performance for music and movies
The Polk Audio Reserve R700 is the top of the Reserve line, which you can almost determine just by looking at it. Two 8" long-throw woofers anchor the low end, ensconced in a carefully braced cabinet with a down-firing Power Port 2.0 for reduced noise and increased bass response. A 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ delivers smooth, accurate midrange, and a 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter with an integrated waveguide offers clear, crisp highs.
A pair of R700s can be superstars in a stereo music-listening system, or shine as the front left and right channels in a voice-matched Reserve Series surround sound system.
Give them plenty of power
Let's be honest, these speakers need power — it helps them get loud, and it precisely controls the stop-start motion of the drivers to achieve pinpoint sonic accuracy. Polk suggests you give them around 100 watts apiece, and I highly recommend using a high-output power amp or integrated amp to drive these speakers and help them sound their best.
- 3-way design
- 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter with an integrated waveguide for clear, crisp highs
- 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ midrange
- dual 8" long-throw woofers for tight, punchy bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with down-firing Power Port 2.0 for reduced noise and increased bass response
- frequency response: 38-38,000 Hz
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- dual binding posts allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- compatible with optional R900 height module
- removable magnetic grille
- outrigger feet for a sturdy foundation
Dimensions and warranty:
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 12-5/8"W x 45-1/16"H x 16-15/16"D (with outrigger feet)
- weight: 77.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300035-14-00-005
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration
Polk Audio Reserve R700 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Reserve R700
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||38-38k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Driver Design: The Reserve Series R700 floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a three-way driver design and inherits the Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, plus Turbine cone midrange and woofers from Polk's flagship Legend series for renowned clarity and imaging.
- Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The 1" high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, developed by Polk Audio, delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad "sweet spot" and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today's two-channel music listening as well as multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- Turbine Cone Midrange & Woofers: The floorstanding loudspeaker houses one 6.5" Turbine Cone midrange driver and two 8" Turnine Cone woofers to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone to ensure the natural reproduction of the midrange, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk's proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass - resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
Hi-Res & IMAX Certification: The Reserve Series offers excellent sound reproduction for both music and movie soundtracks with Hi Res & IMAX Certification. With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R700 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth, with exceptional clarity and without coloration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest Hi-Res Audio files with improved audio extension. IMAX Enhanced certification guarantees a huge immersive and dynamic home theater experience when enjoying IMAX Enhanced movies, television shows and music.
Power Port 2.0: Polk's new Power Port 2.0 is the latest version of their successful Power Port technology. In addition to Power Port's carefully engineered down-firing port design that smooths the flow of air as it exits the cabinet through the port, X-Port adds a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to unwanted cabinet and port resonances. Together, these two technologies combine to function as Power Port 2.0 to deliver smooth, detailed audio. Combined with dual 8" woofers, you’ll get louder, cleaner bass while minimizing turbulence and port noise.
Acoustically Inert Cabinet: Polk believes a speaker cabinet should be beautiful and add nothing to the playback. The Reserve Series speaker cabinet is carefully cross-braced to eliminate unwanted interior resonances, while rounded exterior corners help disperse sound broadly around the room with minimal diffraction, creating an open sound stage. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure..
Dual Binding Posts: The Polk R700 is equipped with two sets of nickel-plated, binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (16-10AWG).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Polk R700 comes with rubber and spike feet for a variety of flooring. The spike feet should be used on carpet floors, while the rubber feet are designed for hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and tile floors. The feet will need to be screwed into the bottom of the speaker cabinet. The rubber feet come installed on the spikes. In order to expose the spikes, simply pull the rubber feet off. The feet are adjustable so you can level or angle the speaker to your preference.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 12.625" (w) x 45.0625" (h) x 16.9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 12.625" (w) x 44.9375" (h) x 16.9375" (d)
Note: Make sure to always utilize either the spike or rubber feet for optimum sound quality and maximum stability.
Application & Placement Options: The R700 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or in a multichannel home theater setup as front, surround, and/or surround back channels.
- In a 2ch stereo setup or as front speakers in a home theater application, you'll get the most realistic stereo image by placing a pair of speakers as far apart as your listeners are sitting from them. You may choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image
- You can use a pair of floorstanding speakers as rear surround speakers in a home theater setup. Ideal rear channel surround speaker placement is along a side wall, slightly behind the listening position. If you cannot place rear surrounds along the side walls, position them along the rear wall of listening position.
Reserve Series: The Polk Reserve Series offers modern styling combined with Polk's premium Pinnacle tweeter and Turbine midrange/midbass driver that deliver high-resolution detail and imaging. Plus, Polk's new X-Port and Power Port 2.0 technology help to deliver deep and effortless bass for a more immersive experience. The Polk Reserve Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (R200/R100), two center-channel speakers (R400/R300), a LCR loudspeaker (R350), and a Dolby Atmos height speaker module (R900) - all sold separately.
Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.
1 question already asked