About the Polk Audio Reserve R900
Take your home theater to new heights
Take your home theater to new heights
These voice-matched height channel modules can be wall-mounted, or placed atop compatible Polk Audio Reserve Series speakers. They connect to your receiver's "height" channels so you can experience overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers. A home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos is required for operation.
Polk Audio Reserve R900 speakers are compatible with the following speakers:
- pair of height channel speaker modules
- 3/4" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter
- 4" Turbine Cone™ midrange driver
- vertical transducer array allows placement on-wall or directly on top of a compatible Reserve speaker
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver's height channels for power and signal
- frequency response: 70-32,000 Hz (when wall-mounted)
- sensitivity: 85.5 dB (when wall-mounted)
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions and warranty:
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 6-9/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 12-5/8"D
- weight: 6.6 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300036-14-00-005
What's in the box:
- 2 Height speaker modules
- 2 Grilles
- 8 Rubber pads
- 8 Cable-clips
- Owner's Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
- Online Registration
- "WARNING" note
Polk Audio Reserve R900 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Reserve R900
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Ring Radiator|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||70-32k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Bracket Included||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dolby Atmos Height Speaker Module: The Dolby Atmos Reserve Series R900 height speaker module is designed to sit atop of Polk's Reserve Series bookshelf (R200) and floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500) - all sold separately. The R900 is timbre-matched for premium performance with Polk's Reserve Series loudspeakers, but can also be used with other Polk series and other brands of loudspeakers as a "topper" speaker or "on-wall" speaker. Flip the switch on the back of the speaker to select the desired position and the speaker will automatically adapt to the optimal performance.
- Topper Application: As a "Topper", the R900 height speaker module simply sits on top of a compatible loudspeaker. The rear-panel switch should be set to "On Speaker". The R900 measures 6.5625" (w) x 6.25" (h) x 12.625" (d), when used as a topper.
- On-Wall Application: The R900 can be mounted to a wall using its integrated keyhole slots and wall-mount screws (not included), or its 1/4"-20 threaded insert with an optional articulating mounting bracket (sold separately). The rear-panel switch should be set to "On Wall". The R900 measures 6.5625" (w) x 12.625" (h) x 6.25" (d) , when used on-wall. *Not designed to mount on a ceiling.
Note: The R900 height speaker module weighs 6.6 lbs.
Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Compatible: The Polk Reserve Series R900 height speaker module is Dolby Atmos certified and designed to meet DTS:X specification. The R900 is designed to deliver the 3D audio found in today's Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and IMAX enhanced movie and music soundtracks. Once installed, the R900 height speaker module fires sound upwards, which is then reflected off the ceiling and back down to your listening area. As a result, you'll enjoy clear detailed three-dimensional sound without having to install additional speakers in your ceiling.
Note: While the Polk R900 is certified for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content, nearly any content can be improved with the addition of the R900 height speaker module. For example, nearly all Dolby Atmos AV receivers feature a Dolby surround up-mixer function that automatically adapts any traditional channel-based signal to the new, full capabilities of your system, including the R900 height module. This ensures that you hear realistic and immersive 3D sound, no matter what you're playing.
Vertical 2-Way Driver Array: A vertical 2-way driver array allows flexible placement either on a wall or placed directly on top of a compatible Polk Reserve Series loudspeaker. A vertical dispersion pattern directs sound perfectly to the correct area of the ceiling into the optimal listening area. You will enjoy exceptionally realistic overhead sound in a comfortable and convenient listening area without the hassle of installing speakers in your ceiling.
- 0.75" Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The 1" high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, developed by Polk Audio, delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad "sweet spot" and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today's multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- 4" Turbine Cone Woofer: The height speaker module houses a single 4" Turbine Cone woofer to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone to ensure the natural reproduction of the midrange, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk's proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass - resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
Hi-Res Certified: With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R900 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth, with exceptional clarity and without coloration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest Hi-Res Audio files with improved audio extension.
Acoustic Suspension Cabinet: The R900 features a fully sealed enclosure to prevent resonances and distortions. Polk believes a speaker cabinet should be beautiful and add nothing to the playback. The Reserve Series speaker cabinet is carefully cross-braced to eliminate unwanted interior resonances, while rounded exterior corners help disperse sound broadly around the room with minimal diffraction, creating an open sound stage. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure.
Binging Post Terminals: The Polk Reserve Series R900 height speaker module is equipped with a set of nickel-plated, binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
Reserve Series: The Polk Reserve Series offers modern styling combined with Polk's premium Pinnacle tweeter and Turbine midrange/midbass driver that deliver high-resolution detail and imaging. Plus, Polk's new X-Port and Power Port 2.0 technology help to deliver deep and effortless bass for a more immersive experience. The Polk Reserve Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (R200/R100), two center-channel speakers (R400/R300), a LCR loudspeaker (R350), and a Dolby Atmos height speaker module (R900) - all sold separately.
Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.
8 questions already asked