About the Polk Audio React Sound Bar
Slim and powerful
Built-in Alexa voice control makes the Polk React Sound Bar easy to use and lets you add it to a wireless multi-room audio system.
Slim and powerful
The Polk React sound bar delivers roomy, detailed sound from a low-profile design that easily fits under most TVs. Built-in Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding lets this two-channel bar deliver virtual surround sound effects. This means you can enjoy compelling 3D sound without filling your house with speakers and running wire across the room.
Don't miss the quiet moments
Quiet conversations can sometimes get lost in the mix of a movie or game's soundtrack. We've all strained our ears at some point to catch important lines. Polk's Voice Adjust technology lets you quickly adjust voice levels to make sure you're consistently getting clear, intelligible dialogue.
With Alexa built-in, you can control the sound bar using only your voice. Turn the volume up or down, change sound modes, and access streaming services like Amazon Music to play your favorite tunes. You can also ask Alexa to check the weather or snag recipes while you're cooking. If you set your phone up with the Alexa app and sync your contacts, you can even make calls and send messages through the sound bar.
Built-in Alexa gives you more than just voice control. It also lets you makes this sound bar part of a wireless multi-room sound system, using additional Alexa devices (sold separately). You can group multiple Alexa devices to play the same music together. Or have each device play something else entirely in different parts of your house. Want to rock out to Metallica's "One" while you're working out in the garage, but the kids want to jam to "Can't Stop the Feeling" in the living room? No problem.
Easy to control
If you prefer hands-on to voice control, you can do that too. The sound bar includes a remote, but is also compatible with the vast majority of TV remotes currently on the market. No scrambling for the right remote — you can just use the one already in your hands.
The bar's preset sound modes also help you make quick adjustments with the press of a button. There's a preset for movies, music, and watching TV at night when the kids are down for the count.
Add deep bass
Get more bass impact when you add the optional Polk React Subwoofer (sold separately). It connects wirelessly to the sound bar for easy placement and set up. Designed to complement the React Sound Bar, this sub helps bring the rumble to your favorite movies and games.
- 2-channel sound bar delivers virtual surround sound
- built-in Amazon Alexa lets you control the sound bar with your voice
- control the volume, sound mode, and source selection
- control compatible music streaming services like Amazon Music, plus compatible smart home devices
- verify your phone and sync your contacts with the Alexa app to make calls and send messages with your sound bar
- Amazon multi-room music lets you group multiple Alexa devices to play the same music together or different songs on each device
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- Polk Voice Adjust technology for crystal-clear dialogue
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- built-in speaker-array:
- two 3-3/4" x 2-11/16" midrange drivers
- two 1" tweeters
- two 4-5/16" x 3-15/16" passive radiators
- add the optional wireless Polk React subwoofer for deep, powerful bass (sold separately)
- add the optional wireless Polk SR2 surround speakers for true surround sound (sold separately)
General info and included accessories:
- 1 HDMI port
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- includes 6.5-foot high-speed HDMI cable
- 1 optical digital audio input
- includes 6-foot optical digital audio cable
- 1 USB input (for firmware updates)
- includes remote control
- wall-mountable with keyhole slots
- 34-1/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 4-13/16"D
- weight: 6.39 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (speakers); 1 year (amplifier)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 300045-01-00-101
What's in the box:
- Active Soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount spacers
- Wall-Mount Template
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Registration Information
Polk Audio React Sound Bar reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio React Sound Bar
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.0|
|Virtual Surround||Movie Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Tweeter||1" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||3.75" x 2.75"Cone (2)|
|Woofer||Passive Radiator (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||7" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||Not given|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||N/A|
|Voice Control||Alexa built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||via Amazon Alexa|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/4H x 34W x 4-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||6.39 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Polk React is a 2.0ch active soundbar speaker that consists of two 1" soft-dome tweeters, two 3.75" x 2.75" full-range drivers, and two 4.25" x 4" passive radiators for dynamic, room-filling sound. It supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and 2ch PCM playback.
- Optional Wireless Rear Speakers: Optional Polk SR2 wireless rear speakers (sold separately) can be paired to the soundbar in order to create a true surround sound experience.
- Optional Wireless Powered Subwoofer: If you're looking for even more bass from the Polk React soundbar, you can connect Polk's React Sub wireless powered subwoofer (sold separately).
Listening Modes: Select Movie, Music, Sports, or Night mode to optimize the soundbar for your listening application. Movie mode provides a virtual "theater-like" surround sound, while Music mode is suitable for enjoying music in stereo. Night Mode compresses the soundbar's dynamic range (difference between loud and soft sounds) to make audio easier to hear at low volumes. Sports mode enhances dialog-rich content, like sporting events, news, casts, and talk shows.
Voice Adjust: Voice Adjust technology dramatically increases vocal clarity and volume level for crystal clear dialog no matter what you're watching. You can customize the voice levels in the soundbar however you prefer to reproduce clear, crisp dialog and never miss a single word of your favorite movie, TV show, or sporting event.
HDMI ARC: The Polk React is equipped with one HDMI ARC out to connect the soundbar to your TV's HDMI ARC input. The HDMI ARC output allows audio from your TV to be sent through the soundbar system. The HDMI ARC output supports 5.1ch Dolby Digital, 5.1ch DTS, & 2ch PCM.
- Some televisions will only pass 2ch PCM through the ARC-enabled HDMI input from devices connected to the TV.
- The HDMI ARC jack supports audio transmission only; not compatible with video transmission.
Optical Digital Input: In addition to HDMI ARC connectivity, the Polk React soundbar is outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital input that supports 2ch PCM, 5.1ch Dolby Digital, and 5.1ch DTS.
Note: The Polk React soundbar is not equipped with an analog audio input.
WiFi Certified: The Polk React soundbar speaker is WiFi certified with support for 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac for wireless connection to your network router. WiFi network connectivity gives you access to Spotify Connect and Built-in Alexa.
Built-In Amazon Alexa: The Polk React features built-in Alexa with an integrated microphone for voice control of the soundbar. Use your voice and Alexa to control soundbar functions such as volume, levels, sound modes, and more. Other voice control functions include Music, Calling, Smarthome, and more. You will need to download the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet to setup the built-in Alexa feature. The Polk React soundbar can also be controlled and used with other Amazon Alexa devices (such as the Echo, Dot, and Show - sold separately).
- Music: Access and control popular music services such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You can even play and control music from Amazon, Amazon Unlimited, Amazon Prime, and other 3rd-party music providers across multiple Amazon Alexa devices at the same time. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes or Apple Music, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through the soundbar.
- Calling: Use the built-in Amazon Alexa teach friends and family in the US, Canada, and Mexico from your sound bar. Once you verify your phone number and sync your contacts in the Amazon Alexa app, just ask Alexa to call any of your contacts by name.
- Smarthome: Built-in Alexa works with devices such as lights, switches, thermostats, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, Insteon and more. Ask Alexa to switch on a lamp, turn on the fan, dim the lights, or increase the temperature. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- Other: The built-in Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times. You can even use Alexa to setup your calendars and reminders. Alexa can also tap into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. In addition, Alexa makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
Note: The Polk React is not compatible with all Amazon Alexa features, skills, and commands.
Spotify Connect: If you have a premium subscription to Spotify and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Polk React soundbar speaker. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 4.2, you are able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the Polk React soundbar speaker. You will still control playback functions and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth-enabled source device. The soundbar has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 32.8'.
- Supported Codecs: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the React also supports AAC for high quality playback from Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS devices (including iPod, iPhone, and iPad).
- Multi-Device Pairing: You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices, but only one device can be connected and used for playback at a time.
Note: The Polk React soundbar speaker does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Polk React soundbar speaker system. In addition, the Polk React offers support for HDMI-CEC, built-in preset remote codes, TV remote control learning.
- HDMI CEC: If your TV is connected to the Polk React via HDMI and your TV supports HDMI CEC, you can control the volume and mute functions of the soundbar speaker system from your TV's remote control.
- Preset Codes: Built-in preset codes allow for most Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Sony TV remotes to control the Polk React's volume and mute functions right out of the box (no programming required). TV must be manufactured within the last 5 years.
- IR Learning Function: If you have another brand of television that is not listed above, or you have a cable or satellite receiver, you can also program the Polk React soundbar speaker system to respond to one of these remotes (remote functions include - Power, Volume, and Mute).
Mounting Options: The Polk React soundbar can simply be table-top mounted or mounted on a wall using its integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included). The soundbar should be centered below or above your television.
Note: When positioning the soundbar in front of your TV, make sure the soundbar does not obstruct the TV's remote control sensor.
Auto Power Off: After approximately 20 minutes of no operation and no audio signal, the Polk React soundbar system will turn off automatically.
4 questions already asked