About the Polk Audio RM6750
The affordable and easy-to-connect RM6750 home theater speaker package takes advantage of proven Polk technologies to deliver true cinema excitement. The four satellites and center speaker feature Power Port venting the same technology found on Polk's full-sized speakers for deeper, cleaner bass and better blending with the powered subwoofer. Plus, the integrated baffle and grille design allows wider dispersion, for truly room-filling sound with superior imaging. All five video-shielded satellite speakers include both keyhole slots and threaded inserts, so they're a cinch to wall-mount.
For that low-frequency rumble that is an absolute must for home theater, the RM6750 comes with a 50-watt powered subwoofer. It's 8" long-throw Dynamic Balance® woofer turns out big, musical bass. Just tuck the sub into the corner of your room, and get ready for serious bass impact.
If you have a 6.1- or 7.1-channel receiver, you can tack on an extra satellite speaker (or two) for even more enveloping surround sound.
Front and surround speakers:
- each handles up to 100 watts
- 1/2" dome tweeter
- 3-1/2" woofer
- keyhole slots and threaded inserts
- spring clip speaker wire connectors
- 4-1/8"W x 6-9/16"H x 5-1/8"D
Center channel speaker:
- handles up to 100 watts
- 1/2" dome tweeter
- dual 3-1/2" woofers
- dual keyhole slots and threaded inserts
- spring clip speaker wire connectors
- 11-5/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 5-9/16"D
- 50-watt RMS amp
- 8" front-firing Dynamic Balance woofer
- 11"W x 15-7/8"H x 13-3/8"D
- video-shielded (except subwoofer)
- frequency response 45-20,000 Hz (-3dB)
- warranty: 5 years (3 years subwoofer amp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box:
- 1 Black 8" powered subwoofer
- 4 Black RM6751 satellite speakers
- 1 Black RM6752 center channel speaker
- 20 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Template for wall mounting satellite speakers
- Template for wall mounting center channel speaker
- Online product registration sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio RM6750
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Polymer composite|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers, 3 Yrs Amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers, 3 Yrs Amp|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||20-100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||50|
|Main Speakers (inches)||6-9/16H x 4-1/8W x 5-1/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-3/8H x 11-5/16W x 5-9/16D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||6-9/16H x 4-1/8W x 5-1/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15-7/8H x 11W x 13-3/8D|
System Components: The Polk Audio RM6750 home theater speaker system is a 5.1-channel speaker system that gives you an option for adding additional matching satellites for 6.1- or 7.1-channel surround. The system includes four identical satellites, a matching center channel, and a powered subwoofer.
Enclosure: The satellites and center channel feature a non-resonant mineral-filled polypropylene enclosure for great looks and natural sound. The integrated baffle and grille design allows maximum sound dispersion with minimum diffraction for superior imaging and room-filling sound.
Drivers: The drivers used in the RM6750 speaker system are as follows:
- Satellite and Center Channel Midranges: Each satellite features a 3-1/2" polymer composite cone, which are lightweight and efficient, resulting in clear, distortion-free midrange. The center channel uses two 3-1/2" drivers.
- Satellite and Center Channel Tweeters: The center channel and each satellite features a 1/2" silk/polymer composite semi-dome tweeter for sweet highs and more lifelike imaging.
- Subwoofer: The powered subwoofer uses an 8" polymer composite woofer with a foam surround.
Power Port: Each satellite features a Power Port Bass Vent on the back of the enclosure to extend and strengthen the lower-midrange performance for a seamless blend with your system's subwoofer output. The center channel uses two Power Port Bass Vents.
Speaker Mounting Options: The satellite speakers can be mounted in a number of ways:
- Satellite Speakers: The RM6751 can be placed on a shelf or table top without a stand due to its flat base (self adhesive rubber feet are supplied). The satellite can be wall mounted using an optional wall mount bracket, or the integrated keyhole on the back of the enclosure.
- Center Speaker: The RM6752 can be placed on a shelf or table top without a stand due to its flat base (self adhesive rubber feet are supplied). The center channel can be wall mounted using an optional wall mount bracket, or the integrated keyholes on the back of the enclosure.
Speaker Terminals: The satellites and center channel each feature spring clip terminals that will accept pin connectors and bare wire.
Video Shielded: The RM6750 satellite and center channel speakers are magnetically (or video) shielded for safe placement near your TV or computer monitor without causing picture interference.
Additional Speakers: If you wish to use the RM6750 for a 6.1- or 7.1-channel surround sound system, you can purchase RM6752 (107RM6752) single center channel speakers or RM6751 (107RM6751) satellite speakers to fill out your speaker requirements.
Materials: The RM6750 subwoofer is made of durable MDF with a black vinyl finish.
Recommended Hookup: The subwoofer can be connected several different ways, utilizing the speaker level inputs and outputs, or the Line input. The subwoofer features spring clip terminals for the speaker level inputs and outputs, plus a stereo RCA line input. The recommended hookup methods are as follows:
- Recommended Hookup A: Polk Audio recommends connecting the amplifier's left and right front channels to the speaker level inputs of the subwoofer and the front left and right satellite speakers to the subwoofer's speaker level output. The center and surround speakers are directly connected to the amplifier. The amplifier's bass management/speaker setup should be configured with the front left and right speakers set to "Large" and the Subwoofer set to "Off" or "None".
- Recommended Hookup B: An alternate hookup method is for the subwoofer and front speakers to be connected in parallel directly to the amplifier's front outputs. The center and surround speakers are directly connected to the amplifier. The bass management setup is the same as Recommended Hookup A.
- Line Input: This stereo RCA input allows you to connect to an unfiltered subwoofer output on a receiver. You will need a "Y" adapter to connect a mono subwoofer cable to the stereo line input.
Phase Switch: Speaker positioning can sometimes cause subwoofers to work against satellite speakers instead of with them, creating frequency canceling and a dramatic loss of bass. When this occurs, you can switch the "phase" of the subwoofer driver from Normal (0°) to Reverse (180°), to enhance the bass "attack."
Volume: The subwoofer has a separate volume level, allowing you to adjust the subwoofer relative to the remainder of the sound system.
Slot-loaded Bass Vent: The powered subwoofer features a slot-loaded bass vent on the front panel just beneath the woofer. The slot, 9" x 1", dramatically lessens turbulence, noise and distortion, enabling the subwoofer to play precise, thunderous bass.
Subwoofer Positioning: The RM6750 subwoofer is not magnetically shielded and may cause picture interference if it is placed in close proximity to a TV or computer monitor. For best performance, the subwoofer should be placed at least six inches away from a wall.