About the Polk Audio RM6800
Get rich, full-bodied surround sound from a speaker system that blends effortlessly into your décor. The RM6800 from Polk includes five stylishly sculpted satellite speakers and a powered sub. The satellites are made with heavy-duty, non-resonant aluminum. Their rounded shape helps to break up internal standing waves for pure, lifelike sound. With their sleek look and cool titanium finish, the RM6800 satellites look great next to a plasma or flat-screen TV, and they can be either wall-mounted or set atop a shelf or table.
The front and surround speakers include a 3/4" Dynamic Balance® dome tweeter and a 3-1/2" Dynamic Balance woofer, while the center speaker houses the same tweeter with dual woofers. And all five satellites feature Polk's Power Port technology for deeper, cleaner bass and better blending with the powered sub. 5-way binding post terminals allow secure speaker wire connections.
The included powered sub features a slim, low-profile design, but packs plenty of punch. It sports a 65-watt amp and a big 10" side-firing driver for high-impact bass performance. It adds extra oomph to your music and room-rattling thrills to home theater, while still being compact enough to fit in a corner or behind a couch where it won't intrude on your space.
The satellite speakers and center speaker of the RM6800 are sold individually. You can piece together your own home theater speaker system, or add an extra speaker or two to the RM6800 and create a voice-matched 6.1 or 7.1 speaker package.
Front and surround speakers:
- each handles up to 125 watts
- 3/4" dome tweeter
- 3-1/2" woofer
- keyhole slots and threaded inserts
- 5-way binding posts
- 4-1/2"W x 7-3/16"H x 5-1/8"D
Center channel speaker:
- handles up to 125 watts
- 3/4" dome tweeter
- dual 3-1/2" woofers
- center speaker cradle included
- 5-way binding posts
- 12-1/2"W x 4-13/16"H x 5-1/8"D
- 65-watt RMS amp
- 10" side-firing Dynamic Balance woofer
- 8-1/16"W x 15-3/4"H x 23-5/8"D
- video-shielded (except subwoofer)
- frequency response 38-20,000 Hz (-3dB)
- warranty: 5 years (3 years subwoofer amp)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM6807-A
What's in the box:
- 10" Powered Subwoofer
- Four RM6801 satellite speakers
- One RM6902 center channel speaker
- 4 Satellite bolt-on keyhole brackets
- 1 Center channel bolt-on keyhole bracket
- 1 Center channel cradle
- 8 Machine screws
- 2 Sheets of 8 self-adhesive rubber feet
- Template for wall mounting satellite speakers
- Template for mounting center channel speaker
- Online product registration sheet
Polk Audio RM6800 reviews
this is one of the best speakers that i evver probe. Excellent bass response, all you need is a 90*5watt RMS amp and enjoy the real power. The sound quality its almost perfect. You can improve the bass response adding a 10 inch sub like polk psw10, wich is a ported active sub. The sattellites has perfect frecuency response, sounds better than any other speakers. Bose are nice but the satellites had nothing of bass response, POLK RULES I highly recommend these system
7 of 7 found this helpful
The mids & highs in this system are loud and clear but the bass module (subwoofer) leaves a lot to be desired. I returned my 6800 system (and for about $150 more) opted for the satellites only with a seperate stand alone subwoofer. In my opinion, the way to go compared to the 6800 system.
11 of 12 found this helpful
I bought these speakers in March 2006 for $540. I am very satisfied with them. The speakers are small but heavy and well built. I like that they are mounted in an aluminum enclosure (not plastic). They are magnetically sheilded and the sound is exceptionally clear and supports the Polk Audio reputation. The kit has 2 front channel, 2 rear channel, 1 center channel and 1 10inch Subwoofer. A lot of equipment for uner $100 per piece! I'm not a fan of the included plastic wall mounts, but they do a decent job. 1 complaint is that the included wall mounts only give you a limited amount of rotation angle... I'm guessing +/-20 degrees X axis and 0 degrees Y axis. Other than that, These speakers are Primo. Subwoofer has knob to adjust bass output. I don't understand why the sattelites have binding posts and the Sub has those funny push button connectors but this is a small complaint. Silver color blends well with most room decor. This kit represents a great value for the money. I'm fairly certain you won't be disappointed. Way to go Polk Audio.
17 of 17 found this helpful
After reading extensive reviews on this site as well as others, these were by far the ones for me (after convincing the fiance that grey was better looking than black ;-) ). Easy to setup, sound amazing!. Glad I also purchased 2 more for the 7.l setup (overkill in a 12x12 room, but...) Highly recommended, though I would suggest wiring the speakers directly to your receiver rather than wiring them through the sub...I got much better sound and control this way.
17 of 17 found this helpful
I've had this setup for about a month and I look forward to getting home every night just to listen to them. Whether its a movie or just some CD music, you won't believe the full and crystal clear sound coupled with the powerful subwoofer. the satellites are well-built and look great, while the sub is a tad gonky (ugly but very effective). For the money, it's a great deal. Do yourself a favor and get this good looking surround sound setup, and don't forget to add the extra satellite for 6.1 sound, I'm glad I did!
19 of 20 found this helpful
These speakers were a great bargain,got mine out of the "scratch and dent" department at a great price! Added an extra satellite for 6.1. Have no idea why they were there, look factory new. Speakers sound awesome! Very impressive with movies and even music, which some speakers have trouble with. Skinny subwoofer fit much easier than a conventional one as well. Little bit of confusion in manual about hooking it up but Crutchfield's tech department had the answers,double checked them against the Polk website, which by the way is first class as well. Will buy more Polk speakers.
67 of 74 found this helpful
More details on the Polk Audio RM6800
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral polymer|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers, 3 Yrs Amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs Drivers, 3 Yrs Amp|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||20-125|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||65|
|Main Speakers (inches)||7-3/16H x 4-1/2W x 5-1/8D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-13/16H x 12-1/2W x 5-1/8D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||7-3/16H x 4-1/2W x 5-1/8D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15-3/4H x 8-1/16W x 23-5/8D|
System Components: The Polk Audio RM6800 home theater speaker system is a 5.1-channel speaker system that gives you an option for adding additional matching satellites for 6.1- or 7.1-channel surround. The system includes four identical satellites, a matching center channel, and a powered subwoofer. A center channel cradle and 5 bolt-on keyhole wall mounting brackets are also supplied.
Materials: The satellite speaker enclosures are made of stylishly curved anodized aluminum with gray trim. The shape of the heavy-duty non-resonant aluminum enclosures breaks up internal standing wave resonance to give you pure, lifelike sound.
Drivers: The drivers used in the RM6800 speaker system are as follows:
- Satellite and Center Channel Midranges: Each satellite features a 3-1/2" Mineral-filled Polymer Dynamic Balance midrange driver for clear, distortion-free midrange, even at high volume levels. The center channel uses two 3-1/2" drivers.
- Satellite and Center Channel Tweeters: The center channel and each satellite features a high-performance 3/4" Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite dome tweeter for sweet highs and more lifelike imaging.
- Subwoofer: The powered subwoofer uses a 10" Mineral-filled Polymer Dynamic Balance woofer with a rubber surround.
Power Port: The center channel and satellite speakers feature Power Port Bass Vents hidden under the grilles to extend and strengthen their lower-midrange performance for a seamless blend with the subwoofer output.
Speaker Mounting Options: The satellite speakers can be mounted in a number of ways:
- Satellite Speakers: Each RM6801 satellite speaker can be placed on a shelf or table top without a stand due to its flat base (Self adhesive rubber feet are supplied). The speakers can be wall mounted using the supplied bolt-on keyhole slot brackets, or optional wall mount brackets. The speakers can also be placed on optional floor stands if desired.
- Center Speaker: The RM6902 center speaker can be wall mounted using the supplied bolt-on keyhole slot bracket or an optional wall mounting bracket, or placed in the supplied center speaker cradle.
Note: The system includes heavy-stock paper templates to assist you with marking the screw holes for the wall mount brackets.
Bolt-on Keyhole Slot Brackets: The RM6800 system includes wall-mount brackets for the satellites and center channel speaker. These brackets bolt onto the back of the speaker using the supplied hardware and the built-in threaded inserts. On the wall, the screws should be firmly screwed into a stud or used with a wall anchor (for the large bracket, two screws spaced 2-1/4" apart, or one screw for the small brackets.). The large bracket can be oriented vertically or horizontally. The speaker can be angled up to approximately 15° in either direction while wall-mounted on these brackets. The brackets have speaker wire guides, and mount the speaker approximately 3/8" away from the wall.
Center Speaker Cradle: The center speaker can be placed horizontally below or above the TV or monitor using the center speaker cradle. While on the cradle, the speaker can be aimed up or down toward the listening area.
Speaker Terminals: The satellites and center channel each feature high-quality 5-way binding post speaker terminals for a secure and convenient connection. You will need to remove a plug that's inserted in the center of the binding post if you wish to use single or dual banana plugs.
Video Shielded: The RM6800 satellite and center channel speakers are magnetically (or video) shielded for safe placement near your TV or computer monitor without causing picture interference.
Additional Speakers: If you wish to use the RM6800 for a 6.1- or 7.1-channel surround sound system, you can purchase RM6902 (107RM6902) single center channel speakers or RM6801 (107RM6801) satellite speakers to fill out your speaker requirements.
Materials: The RM6800 subwoofer is made of durable MDF with a gray vinyl finish.
Recommended Hookup: The subwoofer can be connected several different ways, utilizing the speaker level inputs and outputs, or the Line input. The subwoofer features spring clip terminals for the speaker level inputs and outputs, plus a stereo RCA line input. The recommended hookup methods are as follows:
- Recommended Hookup A: Polk Audio recommends connecting the amplifier's left and right front channels to the speaker level inputs of the subwoofer and the front left and right satellite speakers to the subwoofer's speaker level output. The center and surround speakers are directly connected to the amplifier. The amplifier's bass management/speaker setup should be configured with the front left and right speakers set to "Large" and the Subwoofer set to "Off" or "None".
- Recommended Hookup B: An alternate hookup method is for the subwoofer and front speakers to be connected in parallel directly to the amplifier's front outputs. The center and surround speakers are directly connected to the amplifier. The bass management setup is the same as Recommended Hookup A.
- Line Input: This stereo RCA input allows you to connect to an unfiltered subwoofer output on a receiver. You will need a "Y" adapter to connect a mono subwoofer cable to the stereo line input.
Phase Switch: Speaker positioning can sometimes cause subwoofers to work against satellite speakers instead of with them, creating frequency canceling and a dramatic loss of bass. When this occurs, you can switch the "phase" of the subwoofer driver from Normal (0°) to Reverse (180°), to enhance the bass "attack."
Volume: The subwoofer has a separate volume level, allowing you to adjust the subwoofer relative to the remainder of the sound system.
Slot-loaded Bass Vent: The powered subwoofer features a slot-loaded bass vent on the side panel just beside the woofer. The slot, 12-1/16" x 1", dramatically lessens turbulence, noise and distortion, enabling the subwoofer to play precise, thunderous bass.
Subwoofer Positioning: The RM6800 subwoofer is not magnetically shielded and may cause picture interference if it is placed in close proximity to a TV or computer monitor. For best performance, the subwoofer should be placed at least six inches away from a wall.