About the Polk Audio RM6902
Polk's RM202 center channel speaker produces clear, detailed sound that anchors movie dialogue and on-screen special effects to your TV's picture. Its stylishly sculpted cabinet is made with heavy-duty, non-resonant aluminum for pure audio performance. A carefully designed port offers cleaner, stronger bass and better blending with a subwoofer.
The RM202 is identical to the center speaker included with Polk's RM6800 and RM6900 5-speaker systems. You can add the RM202 to either of these systems as a voice-matched back surround speaker in a 6.1-channel setup. Or you can build your own speaker system by teaming up the RM202 with the voice-matched RM6801 and RM6901 speakers and a Polk powered subwoofer. Buying a system a la carte lets you get the right color and number of speakers to suit your tastes, while still enjoying the benefits of a perfectly matched home theater setup.
- frequency response 100-20,000 Hz (-3dB)
- handles up to 150 watts
- 3/4" Dynamic Balance tweeter
- dual 3-1/2" Dynamic Balance woofers
- specs and performance identical to the RM202
- dual keyhole slots for easy wall-mounting
- speaker cradle included
- 12-1/2"W x 4-7/16"H x 5-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM6902-A
What's in the box:
- 1 Titanium RM6902 center channel speaker
- 1 Center channel cradle
- 1 Bolt-on keyhole wall bracket
- 2 Screws (1/4"-20 x 7/16")
- Template for Wall Mounting
- Online product registration sheet
More details on the Polk Audio RM6902
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Sensitivity||89 @2.83Vrms dB|
|Frequency Response||100-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Enclosure: The RM6902 features a stylishly curved anodized aluminum enclosure with gray trim. The shape of the heavy-duty non-resonant aluminum enclosures breaks up internal standing wave resonance to give you pure, lifelike sound.
Drivers: The drivers used in the RM6902 speaker are as follows:
- Midranges: The center channel features two 3-1/2" Mineral-filled Polymer Dynamic Balance midrange drivers for clear, distortion-free midrange, even at high volume levels.
- Tweeter: The RM6902 has a high-performance 3/4" Dynamic Balance Silk/Polymer Composite dome tweeter for sweet highs and lifelike imaging.
Power Port: The RM6902 features a Power Port Bass Vent hidden under the grille to extend and strengthen the lower-midrange performance for a seamless blend with the subwoofer output.
Center Speaker Cradle: The center speaker can be placed horizontally below or above the TV or monitor using the center speaker cradle. While on the cradle, the speaker can be aimed up or down toward the listening area.
Bolt-on Keyhole Slot Bracket: The bracket bolts onto the back of the speaker using the supplied hardware and the built-in threaded inserts. On the wall, the screws should be firmly screwed into a stud or used with a wall anchor. The bracket can be oriented vertically or horizontally. The speaker can be angled up to approximately 15° in either direction while wall-mounted on this bracket. The bracket has a speaker wire guide, and mounts the speaker approximately 3/8" away from the wall.
Speaker Terminals: The center channel uses high-quality 5-way binding post speaker terminals for a secure and convenient connection. You will need to remove a plug that's inserted in the center of the binding post if you wish to use single or dual banana plugs.
Video Shielded: The RM6902 is magnetically (or video) shielded for safe placement near your TV or computer monitor without causing picture interference.