About the Polk Audio Reserve R100
Solid, versatile bookshelf speakers
Solid, versatile bookshelf speakers
Polk packed a lot of technological innovation into their understated and elegant-looking Reserve R100 bookshelf speakers. The 5-1/4" molded Turbine Cone™ driver delivers accurate, natural-sounding midrange. It's the same driver the company uses in their high-end Legend Series. The patented X-Port helps these speakers deliver solid bass with no distortion. And the 1" ring radiator tweeter features an integrated waveguide for a broad "sweet spot" with no unwanted high-frequency resonance.
You can use this pair of R100s with confidence as part of an audiophile-grade stereo system, or as the front or rear channels of a Reserve Series surround sound system.
Give them plenty of power
Many more affordable Polk Audio speakers are known for their high efficiency (they don't need much power to produce great sound). That's not really the case for the R100s. Because of their high-end design and construction, they need more power to sound their best.
Get the most out of your speakers
We often refer to this class of speakers as "bookshelf speakers," but I recommend using a pair of high-quality speaker stands with the R100s. They help improve the sound by giving your speakers a stable, vibration-free platform. Speaker stands also give you more placement flexibility, since you won't be limited to a space on your shelf or table.
- 1" ring radiator Pinnacle tweeter with an integrated waveguide for a broad "sweet spot"
- 5-1/4" Turbine Cone™ midrange/bass driver
- frequency response: 58-39,000 Hz
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 70 watts
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with rear-firing X Port (ETF)
- reduces low-frequency distortion and increases bass output
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grilles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-1/2"W x 12-13/16"H x 10-1/4"D
- weight: 12.2 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RESERVE100
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Reserve R100
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Ring Radiator|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Frequency Response||58-39k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Reserve Series R100 bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design and inherits the 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter and 5.25" Turbine cone woofer from Polk's flagship Legend series for renowned clarity and imaging.
- 1" Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The 1" high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, developed by Polk Audio, delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad "sweet spot" and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today's two-channel music listening as well as multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- 5.25" Turbine Cone Woofer: The bookshelf loudspeaker houses a single 5.25" Turbine Cone woofer to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone to ensure the natural reproduction of the midrange, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk's proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass - resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
Hi-Res Certified: With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R100 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth, with exceptional clarity and without coloration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest Hi-Res Audio files with improved audio extension.
Polk X-Port: The R100 bookshelf loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. This new patent-pending Polk X-Port delivers deep, effortless bass compared to traditionally ported speakers. Polk's newly patented X-Port incorporates an Eigentone Filter (ETF) offering distortion-free, effortless bass. The X-Port consists of a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions. Polk's X-Port design ensures that the upper bass and mid-range are free of port and cabinet resonances for smooth, detailed audio.
Accoustically Inert Cabinet: Polk believes a speaker cabinet should be beautiful and add nothing to the playback. The Reserve Series speaker cabinet is carefully cross-braced to eliminate unwanted interior resonances, while rounded exterior corners help disperse sound broadly around the room with minimal diffraction, creating an open sound stage. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure.
Binging Post Terminals: The Polk Reserve Series R100 bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with a set of nickel-plated, binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Polk Reserve Series R100 can simply be placed on a stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelf, tabletop, or other stable flat surface. Integtrated rubber feet help to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface and protect your furniture. The R100 bookshelf speaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or in a multichannel home theater setup as front, surround, and/or surround back channels.
- In a 2ch stereo setup or as front speakers in a home theater application, you'll get the most realistic stereo image by placing a pair of speakers as far apart as your listeners are sitting from them. You may choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image
- You can also use the R100 as rear surround speakers in a home theater setup. Ideal rear channel surround speaker placement is along a side wall, slightly behind and above the listening position. If you cannot place rear surrounds along the side walls, position them along the rear wall above the listening position.
Note: The R100 does not include brackets, keyholes, or inserts to wall mount the speaker.
Reserve Series: The Polk Reserve Series offers modern styling combined with Polk's premium Pinnacle tweeter and Turbine midrange/midbass driver that deliver high-resolution detail and imaging. Plus, Polk's new X-Port and Power Port 2.0 technology help to deliver deep and effortless bass for a more immersive experience. The Polk Reserve Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500), bookshelf loudspeakers (R200/R100), center-channel speakers (R400/R350/R300), and a Dolby Atmos height speaker module (R900) - all sold separately.
Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.