About the Polk Audio Reserve R400
Punchy, accurate dialogue for movies and TV
Punchy, accurate dialogue for movies and TV
To my way of thinking, a good center channel speaker — like the Polk Audio Reserve R400 — is crucial to the home theater experience. It puts important dialogue front and center, so you can hear what the characters are saying, thanks to dual 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ drivers that offer very accurate midrange sound, and a 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter with an integrated waveguide for that focuses high frequencies, so the words come through loud and clear.
It's great for bolstering music and special effects, too. The robust cabinet features carefully engineered internal bracing and enclosures, with dual rear-firing X-Ports for reduced distortion and increased bass output. It's the perfect centerpiece for a voice-matched Reserve surround sound system.
- 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter with an integrated waveguide for focused high frequencies
- dual 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ midrange drivers
- frequency response: 48-39,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with two rear-firing X-Ports
- reduces distortion and increases bass output
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 24-1/4"W x 7-13/16"H x 13-13/16"D
- weight: 32.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RESERVE400
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Reserve R400
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Frequency Response||48-39K Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Reserve Series R400 center loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design and inherits the 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter and 6.5" Turbine cone woofer from Polk's flagship Legend series for renowned clarity and imaging.
- 1" Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The 1" high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, developed by Polk Audio, delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad "sweet spot" and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today's two-channel music listening as well as multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- 6.5" Turbine Cone Woofers: The center loudspeaker houses two 6.5" Turbine Cone woofers to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone to ensure the natural reproduction of the midrange, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk's proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass - resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
Hi-Res & IMAX Certification: The Reserve Series offers excellent sound reproduction for both music and movie soundtracks with Hi Res & IMAX Certification. With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R400 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth, with exceptional clarity and without coloration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest Hi-Res Audio files with improved audio extension. IMAX Enhanced certification guarantees a huge immersive and dynamic home theater experience when enjoying IMAX Enhanced movies, television shows and music.
Polk X-Port: The R400 center loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports. This new patent-pending Polk X-Port delivers deep, effortless bass compared to traditionally ported speakers. Polk's newly patented X-Port incorporates an Eigentone Filter (ETF) offering distortion-free, effortless bass. The X-Port consists of a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions. Polk's X-Port design ensures that the upper bass and mid-range are free of port and cabinet resonances for smooth, detailed audio.
Acoustically Inert Cabinet: Polk believes a speaker cabinet should be beautiful and add nothing to the playback. The Reserve Series speaker cabinet is carefully cross-braced to eliminate unwanted interior resonances, while rounded exterior corners help disperse sound broadly around the room with minimal diffraction, creating an open sound stage. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure.
Binging Post Terminals: The Polk Reserve Series R400 center loudspeaker is equipped with a set of nickel-plated, binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
Mounting & Placement Options: The most popular placement for a center channel speaker is below the TV. You may also place the center speaker above your TV should you choose. The Polk Legend Series L400 can simply be placed on shelf, tabletop, or other stable flat surface. Integtrated rubber feet help to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface and protect your furniture.
Note: The R400 does not include brackets, keyholes, or inserts to wall mount the center speaker.
Reserve Series: The Polk Reserve Series offers modern styling combined with Polk's premium Pinnacle tweeter and Turbine midrange/midbass driver that deliver high-resolution detail and imaging. Plus, Polk's new X-Port and Power Port 2.0 technology help to deliver deep and effortless bass for a more immersive experience. The Polk Reserve Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500), bookshelf loudspeakers (R200/R100), center-channel speakers (R400/R350/R300), and a Dolby Atmos height speaker module (R900) - all sold separately.
Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.