About the Polk Audio Reserve R600
Elegant looks and smooth, accurate sound
Elegant looks and smooth, accurate sound
The Polk Audio Reserve R600 features a solid, minimalist design, and that build quality — inside and out — is part of what makes it sound great. Two 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ midrange/woofers are ensconced in a carefully braced cabinet. A down-firing Power Port 2.0 offers reduced noise and increased bass response. And the 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter delivers clear, crisp highs, with an integrated waveguide to improve dispersion and help create room-filling sound.
A pair of R600s are an excellent choice for a stereo music-listening system, or they can shine as the front left and right channels in a voice-matched Reserve Series surround sound system.
My hands-on experience with Polk Audio Reserve R600 speakers
Here at Crutchfield, we like to get hands-on and ears-on with as much gear as we possibly can. To that end, we set up a demo system in our training room that featured a pair of Polk Audio Reserve R600 speakers, powered by a Primare I35 Prisma integrated amplifier. Our primary music source was a Marantz SACD 30n SACD/CD player with network features. We made the system available to Crutchfield employees so they could listen and form their own impressions.
I was very interested to hear these speakers live, because I had never heard either the Turbine Cone™ midrange/bass drivers nor the Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter — both of which are very striking in their visual differences from previous Polk drivers. I'm here to tell you they're not just for show, they work in harmony to produce a very present, authoritative sound. The dual Turbine Cones and the down-firing Power Port 2.0 delivered an impressive amount of low end, even without a subwoofer. And the tweeter brought out a rich, engaging quality in vocals — Simon & Garfunkel's "The Boxer" was a particularly effective demonstration of what the Pinnacle could do with beautiful voices.
Polk has been a mainstay of the audio world since 1972, and it's nice to see them continue to innovate. The new driver technology used in the Reserve series really pays dividends for music lovers.
Give them plenty of power
Let's be honest, these speakers need power — it helps them get loud, and it precisely controls the stop-start motion of the drivers to achieve pinpoint sonic accuracy. Polk suggests you give them around 100 watts apiece, and I highly recommend using a high-output power amp or integrated amp to drive these speakers and help them sound their best.
- 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter with an integrated waveguide for clear, crisp highs
- dual 6-1/2" Turbine Cone™ midrange/bass drivers
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with down-firing Power Port 2.0 for reduced noise and increased bass response
- frequency response: 38-38,000 Hz
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 87.5 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 100 watts
- 5-way binding posts
- compatible with optional R900 height module
- removable magnetic grille
- outrigger feet for a sturdy foundation
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11"W x 41-15/16"H x 15"D (with outrigger feet)
- weight: 47.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RESERVE600
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Reserve R600
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||43-38k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Two-Way Driver Design: The Reserve Series R600 floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design and inherits the 1" Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter and 6.5" Turbine cone woofer from Polk's flagship Legend series for renowned clarity and imaging.
- 1" Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter: The 1" high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter, developed by Polk Audio, delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad "sweet spot" and while the critically damped rear-chamber helps to defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today's two-channel music listening as well as multichannel 3D audio found in music, movies, sports, and video games soundtracks.
- 6.5" Turbine Cone Woofers: The floorstanding loudspeaker houses two 6.5" Turbine Cone woofes to handle midrange, midbass, and bass frequencies. Polk developed the new Turbine cone to ensure the natural reproduction of the midrange, the frequencies our ears are so sensitive to. The Turbine cone combines Polk's proprietary foam core and the molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass - resulting in a smooth, detailed midrange and effortless bass.
Hi-Res & IMAX Certification: The Reserve Series offers excellent sound reproduction for both music and movie soundtracks with Hi Res & IMAX Certification. With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R600 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth, with exceptional clarity and without coloration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest Hi-Res Audio files with improved audio extension. IMAX Enhanced certification guarantees a huge immersive and dynamic home theater experience when enjoying IMAX Enhanced movies, television shows and music.
Power Port 2.0: Polk's new Power Port 2.0 is the latest version of their successful Power Port technology. In addition to Power Port's carefully engineered down-firing port design that smooths the flow of air as it exits the cabinet through the port, X-Port adds a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to unwanted cabinet and port resonances. Together, these two technologies combine to function as Power Port 2.0 to deliver smooth, detailed audio. Combined with dual 6.5" woofers, you’ll get louder, cleaner bass while minimizing turbulence and port noise.
Acoustically Inert Cabinet: Polk believes a speaker cabinet should be beautiful and add nothing to the playback. The Reserve Series speaker cabinet is carefully cross-braced to eliminate unwanted interior resonances, while rounded exterior corners help disperse sound broadly around the room with minimal diffraction, creating an open sound stage. A cloth grille attaches magnetically to the front of the speaker enclosure..
Binging Post Terminals: The Polk Reserve Series R600 floorstanding loudspeaker is equipped with a set of nickel-plated, binding-post terminals that will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Polk R600 comes with rubber and spike feet for a variety of flooring. The spike feet should be used on carpet floors, while the rubber feet are designed for hardwood, vinyl, laminate, and tile floors. The feet will need to be screwed into the bottom of the speaker cabinet. The rubber feet come installed on the spikes. In order to expose the spikes, simply pull the rubber feet off. The feet are adjustable so you can level or angle the speaker to your preference.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 11.0625" (w) x 41.9375" (h) x 15.125" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 11.0625" (w) x 41.8125" (h) x 15.125" (d)
Note: Make sure to always utilize either the spike or rubber feet for optimum sound quality and maximum stability.
Application & Placement Options: The R600 floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo application, or in a multichannel home theater setup as front, surround, and/or surround back channels.
- In a 2ch stereo setup or as front speakers in a home theater application, you'll get the most realistic stereo image by placing a pair of speakers as far apart as your listeners are sitting from them. You may choose to angle the speakers toward the middle to support a more solid center image
- You can use a pair of floorstanding speakers as rear surround speakers in a home theater setup. Ideal rear channel surround speaker placement is along a side wall, slightly behind the listening position. If you cannot place rear surrounds along the side walls, position them along the rear wall of listening position.
Reserve Series: The Polk Reserve Series offers modern styling combined with Polk's premium Pinnacle tweeter and Turbine midrange/midbass driver that deliver high-resolution detail and imaging. Plus, Polk's new X-Port and Power Port 2.0 technology help to deliver deep and effortless bass for a more immersive experience. The Polk Reserve Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (R700/R600/R500), two bookshelf loudspeakers (R200/R100), two center-channel speakers (R400/R300), a LCR loudspeaker (R350), and a Dolby Atmos height speaker module (R900) - all sold separately.
Optional Power Subwoofer: Add one of Polk's powered subwoofers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for bigger, deeper, and more impactful bass when listening to your favorite movie and music soundtracks.