About the Polk Audio Signature S30
Treat dialogue right
Treat dialogue right
A center channel speaker is one of the most important parts of any surround sound system. Serving up crisp, clear dialogue, Polk's Signature S30 is a perfect match — both in terms of stylish looks and clean sound — to the rest of the speakers in the Signature series.
Built for smooth sound
The S30 is made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Housed within its cabinet is a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of vocals. Two highly efficient 5-1/4" Dynamic Balance® woofers are made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene. The non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinet and anti-diffraction grille provide an acoustically inert structure for reduced sonic interference. Polk's exclusive Power Port technology adds low-end impact.
Build a complete Signature system
Add more Polk Signature speakers for seamless surround sound.
Round out the low end with a Polk powered subwoofer.
- frequency response: 42-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 125 watts
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone drivers
- Power Port® technology for better bass response
- non-resonant MDF cabinet
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- anti-diffraction magnetic grilles for minimal sonic interference
- 20-1/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 10-5/8"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM9536-A
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (attached)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
Polk Audio Signature S30 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Signature S30
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Frequency Response||42-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Dynamic Balance Drivers: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion. Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur. Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. The Polk Signature S30 center-channel loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and two 5.25" woofers.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: The Signature S30 center-channel loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for improved vocals in movies and music. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- Two 5.25" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofers: The Signature S30 center-channel speaker employs two 5.25" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene midrange cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange. These mica-reinforced polypropylene midranges feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology: The Signature S30 center-channel incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with one specially designed rear-firing port. Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion. Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The center-channel speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound. The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration. The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille: The Signature S30 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the center speaker.
Two-Way Crossover: The center-channel speaker employs a high-performance two-way cascading crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
5-Way Binding Posts: The center-channel loudspeaker features 5-way binding posts for a secure connection to your speaker wire. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
Application, Placement & Mounting Options: The Signature S30's primary use is as a center-channel loudspeaker for home theater applications. The Signature S30 can be mounted horizontally, under or above your flat-panel TV. You can simply place the center-channel speaker on a table-top or shelf, or wall-mount the center-channel using its integrated keyhole slots on the back. The included rubber increase the height of speaker by 0.125").
Note: The center speaker does not include any type of provisions for wall-mounting.
Signature Series: Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price. Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Series by Polk consists of two center-channel speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, and three tower speakers.
Note: You may also want to add one of Polk Audio's powered subwoofers (sold separately) for even more bass response.
1 question already asked