About the Polk Audio Signature S60
Are you ready to rock?
Are you ready to rock?
Polk's Signature S60 floor standing speaker will fill your living room with clean, powerful sound. This flagship model in Polk's Signature lineup delivers accurate, dynamic sound with crisp highs and chest-thumping lows to bring movies and music to life. Plus its stylish, décor-friendly design makes it an attractive addition to your home.
Built for smooth sound
The S60 is made with high-quality materials for natural, low-distortion sound. Its cabinet houses a 1" high-resolution Terylene dome tweeter for clear, detailed highs and realistic reproduction of instruments and vocals. Three highly efficient 6-1/2" Dynamic Balance® woofers are made of lightweight yet durable mica-reinforced polypropylene. Non-resonant MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) construction and an anti-diffraction magnetic grille provide an acoustically inert structure for reduced sonic interference. Polk's exclusive Power Port technology adds bass impact.
Build a complete Signature system
Add more Polk Signature speakers for seamless surround sound.
Round out the low end with a Polk powered subwoofer.
- frequency response: 26-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 300 watts
- 1" Terylene high-res dome tweeter
- three 6-1/2" mica-reinforced polypropylene Dynamic Balance® cone drivers
- Power Port® technology for better bass response
- non-resonant MDF cabinet
- dual 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- anti-diffraction magnetic grilles for minimal sonic interference
- includes stabilizing feet
- 8-1/2"W x 44-1/2"H x 15-3/4"D (11-3/4"W with feet)
- weight: 52 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM9532-A
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (attached)
- 4 Feet (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Polk Audio Signature S60 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Signature S60
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-reinforced polypropylene|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||26-40k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Dynamic Balance Drivers: Dynamic Balance is a proprietary Polk Audio technology using laser imaging to determine what combination of speaker materials create the least amount of resonance. Eliminating resonance in speakers results in a wide, smooth response and low distortion. Using just the right materials enables Polk to eliminate issues that reduce speaker performance and tune out performance-robbing resonances before they occur. Dynamic Balance ensures a rich, clean, full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. The Polk Signature S60 floor-standing loudspeaker incorporates a Dynamic Balance two-way driver array with one 1" tweeter and three 6.5" woofers.
- Hi-Res 1" Terylene Tweeter: The Signature S60 floor-standing loudspeaker utilizes Polk's newly designed 1" Terylene tweeter to deliver clear and detailed high-end response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. It will support high frequencies up to 40kHz to perfectly reproduce the latest high-resolution audio files with improved audio extension, earning Hi-Res Audio Certification.
- Three 6.5" Mica-Reinforced Polypropylene Woofers: The Signature S60 floor-standing speaker employs three 6.5" Dynamic Balance low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofers for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and increased dynamic midrange and midbass. This mica-reinforced polypropylene woofers feature butyl rubber surrounds, massive ceramic motor structures, and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders that combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency, for clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
Power Port Technology: The Signature S60 floor-standing incorporates Polk's Power Port technology with a specially designed down-firing port. Power Port technology smoothly transition air flow from inside the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence and distortion. Polk's patented Power Port technology delivers 3dB more bass response than a traditional ported speaker. Because the port is located on the bottom of the floor-standing speaker, its not necessary to position to the loudspeaker a certain amount of feet from wall - giving you greater placement flexibility.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The floor-standing speaker's strong, rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, extra bracing, and a thick front baffle ensure a more lifelike sound. The enclosure's curved edges not only look cool, they reduce standing waves inside the cabinet for less audible coloration. The enclosure features a beautiful black washed walnut finish.
Anti-Diffraction Magnetic Grille: The Signature S60 includes an anti-diffraction magnetic grille for unaltered sound. The integrated magnets make it easy to attach and remove the grille from the floor-standing speaker.
Two-Way Crossover: The floor-standing speaker employs a high-performance two-way crossover array (2.5kHz) for seamless blending and optimum time alignment of the tweeter & woofers, creating a lifelike soundstage.
Dual 5-Way Binding Posts: The floor-standing loudspeaker has two sets of 5-way binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual 5-way binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The 5-way binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual). The speaker terminals are color coded for easy identification between positive (red) and negative (black).
Dual-Floor Compatible Feet: Customized for improved stability and bass coupling to the floor, the floor-standing loudspeaker's feet are designed for both carpet and hard floors. The feet come pre-installed and should not be removed.
Applications & Placement: The Signature S60 floor-standing speakers can be used as front and/or surround speakers in a home theater setup. They can also be used in a simple stereo application. If your AV receiver offers built-in bass management, the S60 should be set to "Large" for an unfiltered, full-range audio signal.
- Placement for Front Speakers: As a pair of front speakers in a home theater or stereo setup, create an equilateral triangle between the speakers and the listening position - with the speakers placed as far apart from one another as the listeners are sitting from them.
- Placement for Surround Speakers: As surround speakers, the S60 should be placed on a side wall slightly behind the listening position. If you cannot place the speakers on the side walls, position them on the rear wall just behind the listening area.
Signature Series: Polk designed its Signature Series of loudspeakers to bring a big surround sound and a live music experience into the comfort of your living room at an affordable price. Featuring Hi-Res certification with a new high-resolution Terylene tweeter, redesigned Dynamic Balance drivers, precision crossovers, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, Polk's Signature series loudspeakers deliver crystal clear highs, detailed midrange, and deep bass; plus they look great in almost any decor. The Signature Series by Polk consists of two center-channel speakers, three bookshelf loudspeakers, and three tower speakers.
Note: You may also want to add one of Polk Audio's powered subwoofers (sold separately) for even more bass response.
10 questions already asked