About the Polk Audio Blackstone™ TL350
High-performance sound from compact, elegant speakers
High-performance sound from compact, elegant speakers
Build the home theater system you always wanted without sacrificing valuable living space. Polk's Blackstone TL350 system delivers lifelike performance from handsome, compact speakers. The TL350 contains four perfectly matched Blackstone TL3 satellite speakers and a Blackstone TL3 center channel speaker.
With the same tweeter found in their flagship full-sized loudspeakers and packed with exclusive state-of-the-art technologies, the TL350 speakers overcome some of the usual limitations of compact speakers. You'll hear the kind of accuracy and detail you expect from much larger speakers, including a wide soundstage and realistic detail.
Crisp, dynamic sound thanks to high-tech drivers
A big part of the TL350's incredible sound is the 3/4" Ring Radiator tweeter in each of the five speakers. Found in Polk's flagship speakers, these sophisticated tweeters reproduce transparent, natural highs. The 3-1/4" aerated polypropylene woofers are lightweight, but also stiff and strong, allowing the cones to move more freely in the baffle. It means you can play your movies and music loud without hearing any distortion. Polk's Extended Linear Motion voice coils help make the cones' movement even more efficient to further cut down on distortion and extend the speakers' dynamic range. This increased efficiency is the key to the TL350's big sound.
Immersive home theater performance
The "TL" refers to Polk's "Time Lens" technology, which aligns the drivers in such a way that high- and low-frequency sounds all reach your ears at the same time. This improves the speakers' imaging and soundstaging, so that you'll feel less like you're watching a movie and more like you're part of it. An "acoustic lens" in the speaker grilles disperses sound waves in a way that makes your music and movie soundtracks sound larger and more open. The TL350 also features Polk's acclaimed PowerPort® technology to help reinforce bass output. Plus, its sturdy cabinets are reinforced with steel plates to help fight resonances that can muddy the sound.
Easy placement and optional system customization
The TL350 speakers have combination keyhole slots and threaded inserts in the back for easy mounting on your wall. Complete this system by adding the Polk powered subwoofer of your choice to get deep, room-shaking bass. You can even upgrade to a seven-channel home theater when you add an extra pair of satellite speakers to the mix.
- includes four compact satellite speakers and a center channel speaker
- Time Lens technology aligns the drivers for better soundstaging and imaging
- frequency response: 115-28,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB satellite speakers; 90 dB center channel speaker
- handles up to 125 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- satellites each contain a 3/4" Ring Radiator tweeter and a 3-1/4" aerated polypropylene Dynamic Balance® mid/woofer
- center channel contains a 3/4" Ring Radiator tweeter and dual 3-1/4" aerated polypropylene Dynamic Balance® mid/woofers
- Extended Linear Motion (ELM) voice coil helps reduce distortion and extend dynamic range
- PowerPort® technology for better bass response
- steel-plate reinforced cabinets fight internal resonances
- curved enclosures with high-gloss finish
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- includes combination keyhole slot and threaded insert for easy wall-mounting
- satellite speakers: 4-1/2"W x 7-3/4"H x 5-11/16"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 16-3/4"W x 4-1/4"H x 3-15/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM9935-A
What's in the box:
- 4 Gloss-black satellite two-way loudspeakers
- Gloss-black center-channel loudspeaker
- 5 Detachable black cloth grilles (attached)
- 4 Mounting brackets
- Four 1/4"-20 mounting screws
- System Diagram/Warranty sheet
- Online Product Registration card
Polk Audio Blackstone™ TL350 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Blackstone™ TL350
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||5|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/4|
|Woofer Composition||Aerated Polypropylene|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-34|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-125|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||Not Given|
|Main Speakers (inches)||7-3/4H x 4-1/2W x 5-11/16D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||4-1/4H x 16-3/4W x 3-15/16D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||7-3/4H x 4-1/2W x 5-11/16D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||No Subwoofer|
Polk Audio black Stone TL350 Five Speaker Package: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL350 is a 5-speaker surround-sound system. The Polk Audio Black Stone TL350 five-pack includes four matching Black Stone TL3 satellite speakers and a Black Stone TL3 horizontal center-channel speaker. The Polk Audio Black Stone TL series speakers (TL3) feature new innovations specifically designed to enhance compact speaker performance. The Black Stone TL3 series speakers features a two-way loudspeaker design and a bass-reflex enclosure. The TL3 series speakers are equipped with 5-way binding posts and offer various mounting options.
Note: The Black Stone TL350 has an overall system frequency response of 115 to 28,000 Hz and will require a powered subwoofer (107PSW111, sold separately) for full-range sound. You can also connect additional TL3 series speakers for 6.1 and 7.1 channel home theater configurations.
Dynamic Balance Driver Technology: Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance process allows Polk to design their drivers specifically for flatter frequency response, revealing the sharpest details and a more lifelike transparency, with absolutely no strain even at high volume. It's a bold, rich, warm, and lifelike sound.
Time Lens Technology: The sophisticated laser alignment of the "acoustic center" of the Blackstone TL3 tweeters with their accompanying drivers results in far superior imaging. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-range woofer are aligned, creating a crisp accurate soundstage. The acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver are located in the same plane for superior imaging, while the acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter's frequency response.
3/4" Ring Radiator Tweeter: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 series speakers feature a 3/4" ring radiator tweeter that is normally found only on high-end loudspeakers. The 3/4" ring radiator tweeter offers incredible accuracy and detail, so you music sound likes the artist intended.
3-1/4" Aerated Polypropylene Woofer: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 series speakers employ a 3-1/4" aerated polypropylene cone woofers with Dynamic Balance driver technology (Polk's patented transducer design process) that produces a flat frequency response, with sharp detail, transparency, and the ability to play loud without strain. The aerated polypropylene cone is lightweight, yet stiff and strong, with longer linear excursion capabilities in a limited compact enclosure space, so it plays louder with less distortion.
Note: Each satellite speaker features one 3-1/4" woofer. The center-channel speaker features two 3-1/4" woofers.
Optimized Linear Motor Structure: Engineered for better compact speaker performance, Polk's OLM Motor Structure flattens the BL Curve, making cone movement more efficient than previously possible, reducing distortion and extending the small speaker's dynamic range right up into big speaker territory
Frequency Response: The system's overall frequency response is 90-31,000Hz, and the -3dB frequency response is 115-28,000Hz.
Enclosure Type: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 series speakers feature a non-resonant composite enclosure with time-aligned geometry, and PowerPort technology.
Curved Enclosure Design: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 speakers employ non-parallel surfaces that not only lead to a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but they also result in less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
Steel Reinforced: Extra-rigid steel plates reinforce the curved enclosures of the TL3 series speakers, resulting in acoustically inert enclosures free from internal resonances and any audible coloration, for more lifelike audio detail.
Integrated Acoustic Lens: An innovative acoustic lens incorporated into the grille produces a high frequency response so smooth that it delivers a balanced, realistic performance. An acoustic lens is molded into the back of the speaker grille and helps create imaging frequency balance previously impossible in small high-performance satellite speakers.
PowerPort: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 series speakers utilize Polk Audio's patented bass venting technology, for added midbass response and increased efficiency. PowerPort technology decreases port turbulence and virtually eliminates "port noise," for a massive 3dB boost in bass response.
High-Gloss Finish: The Polk Audio TL3 series speakers feature a durable, deep automotive-strength high-gloss black finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Polk Audio Black Stone TL3 series speakers are equipped with one pair of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of speaker cables and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (18-12 AGW).
Rubber Feet: The Polk Audio TL3 speakers feature integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speakers on a stand or shelf securely.
Wall Mountable: The Black Stone TL3 satellite speakers and center-channel speaker are wall mountable.
- Satellite Speakers: The TL3 satellite speakers come with wall-mount brackets that feature keyhole slots. The included wall-mount brackets attach to the speakers' 1/2"-20 threaded inserts. The keyhole slots let you mount the speakers to a wall with a single mounting screw (not supplied). You can angle the speakers left or right by adjusting the brackets position on the back of the speakers. The 1/4"-20 threaded inserts on the back of the satellite speakers can also be used for mounting the speakers to the wall using optional articulating brackets (sold separately).
- Center-Channel Speaker: The TL3 center-channel speaker features dual single keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the back of the center-channel speaker for mounting the speaker to the wall using an optional articulating bracket (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked