About the Polk Audio Woodbourne
More than a wireless speaker
More than a wireless speaker
Polk's Woodbourne features elegant looks, wireless convenience, and powerful sound.
Meet one of the most versatile speakers we've ever seen — the Woodbourne from Polk Audio. Just how versatile? Polk counts six different ways you can use it:
- Pair it with your Bluetooth device of choice, even devices with high-fidelity aptX® audio, and stream music wirelessly to your heart's content.
- Use its built-in Apple AirPlay technology to wirelessly play music from computers and handheld devices running iTunes®.
- Plug in your iOS® device via the USB jack for music playback and automatic battery charging.
- Connect your TV to the optical digital input, and take advantage of the Woodbourne's Dolby® Digital decoding to enhance movie and TV soundtracks.
- Connect just about anything that has a headphone jack to the 3.5mm aux input.
- Hook it up via its Ethernet connection to play music directly off of your network.
Polk speaker technology for high-performance sound
Versatility isn't the only story with this thoughtfully designed system. Polk has included tried-and-true speaker technologies to ensure that you'll look forward to firing up this speaker for a wide range of uses. For starters, the Woodbourne's sealed speaker enclosure is crafted from acoustically inert materials, and is gently curved for superior rigidity and better sound projection. Polk designed the drivers using their patented Dynamic Balance tuning system to do away with unwanted resonance and distortion.
Four drivers, four amps
Midrange and bass frequencies are handled by a pair of 5-1/4" mineral-filled polypropylene woofers, while a pair of 1" silk dome tweeters produce smooth highs. Each driver is powered by its own dedicated amplifier channel: the system boasts 70 watts x 2 for the mids and 20 watts x 2 for the tweeters. You'll enjoy rich, detailed sound with music, movies, game soundtracks, and more. The natural real wood veneer top is an elegant touch that makes the Woodbourne a fine-looking addition to any room.
- high-performance powered speaker streams music wirelessly, connects to your TV, and more
- elegant design with natural wood veneer top
- Apple AirPlay with built-in Wi-Fi® for wirelessly streaming music from your iTunes® library
- built-in Bluetooth with apt-X® audio coding for high-fidelity wireless transmission with compatible devices
- backward-compatible with regular Bluetooth
- USB Type-A input iOS® devices allows music playback and automatic battery charging
- optical digital audio input and built-in Dolby® Digital decoding for connecting your TV
- 3.5mm aux input
- two 5-1/4" mineral-filled polypropylene woofers and two 1" silk dome tweeters
- patented Dynamic Balance technology reduces distortion and unwanted resonance
- 180 watts total continuous power: 70 watts x 2 for woofers and 20 watts x 2 for tweeters
- gently curved, rigid MDF enclosure with acoustic suspension design
- Ethernet jack for connection to a wired home network
- remote control
- 24-1/8"W x 6-15/16"H x 7-11/16"D
- 17.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years drivers, 1 year electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM6119-A
What's in the box:
- Powered wireless speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' Stereo minijack cable
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
- Product Brochure
Polk Audio Woodbourne reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Polk Audio Woodbourne
High-Performance Powered Speaker System: The Polk Audio Woodbourne is a high-performance powered loudspeaker system for your wireless and wired audio devices. The Woodbourne supports Airplay & Bluetooth wireless streaming; plus USB, optical, and 3.5mm wired connectivity.
Two-Way Speaker/4-Channel Amp Design: The Polk Audio Woodbourne uses two 1" silk dome tweeters and two 5.25" mineral filled polypropylene mid-woofers with rubber surrounds to deliver superior midrange detail, for pinpoint vocal clarity and realistic imaging. Each driver has its own dedicated amplifier with 70 watts continuous per 5.25" mid-woofer and 20 watts continuous for each 1" dome tweeter. This eliminates the need for passive crossover components like inductors, resistors, and capacitors, thereby reducing distortion, phase shift, and other unwanted by-products. The 4-channel onboard amplifier with proprietary DSP technology provides effortless clarity and volume.
Acoustic Suspension MDF Enclosure: The Woodbourne's sealed, acoustic suspension MDF enclosure (0.5" thick) is gently curved for superior rigidity and more lifelike sound projection. The curved front baffle allows greater separation between the two driver sets, creating a larger soundfield that complements the room filling capabilities of the system. Its acoustic suspension tuning and full complement bass technology delivers bold, realistic deep bass response; a surprise in a unit of this size.
Klippel Optimized w/ Dynamic Balance Tuning: Using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the speaker structure and cabinet design for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels. Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance tuning technology eliminates any distortion-causing driver and system resonances.
AirPlay Technology: AirPlay technology allows you to wirelessly stream music from your computer (iTunes 10.2 or later) or Apple iOS device (iOS 4.3 or later) to the Woodbourne speaker using your home or office network. The Woodbourne can be connected to your network via Ethernet or WiFi.
- iTunes Streaming: AirPlay technology gives you wireless remote access to your entire iTunes 10.2 music collection with full navigation & playback control from your Mac computer or Windows PC. You can even access your computer's iTunes library from your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3+) via Apple's free Remote app.
- Apple Device Streaming: AirPlay also lets you wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad (iOS 4.3+) to the Polk Audio Woodbourne. So there's no need to connect your Apple device via USB, unless you want to charge it.
Bluetooth w/ aptX: The Polk Woodbourne features built-in Bluetooth with aptX technology. The unit's built-in Bluetooth lets you stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or computer/laptop to the Woodbourne. Thanks to aptX technology your wireless music will sound "CD-like" (when streaming from an aptX equipped Bluetooth device). The included remote lets you operate basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. You will still view song/artist information on your Bluetooth mobile device.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Polk Audio Woodbourne.
Apple Compatible USB Port: The Polk Audio Woodbourne is equipped with a USB (type-A) port for connection of your 30-pin or Lightning connector Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad using the cable that came with your Apple device. The speaker system supports audio playback of stored music and music apps on your Apple mobile device. You'll be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) from the included remote; advanced music navigation will still need to be done through Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad. The Woodbourne will also charge your Apple device while connected via USB. You will continue to view song/artist information from the screen of your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with USB msc or mtp devices; such as Android smartphones/tablets, thumbdrives, or other digital audio players.
Apple Compatibility Chart: The Polk Audio Woodbourne is "Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" compatible & supports the following iPod, iPhone, iPad model features (as of 10/31/2013):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connection Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||AirPlay||Bluetooth||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Woodbourne is fitted with both analog (3.5mm) & digital (optical) inputs. The optical (toslink) digital input lets you connect your TV, Blu-ray player, or Sat/Cable box. The unit's optical digital input decodes and processes PCM and Dolby Digital audio signals as two-channel. The analog 3.5mm auxiliary input lets you connect and play music from various audio sources, such as a portable CD player or MP3 player.
Front-Panel + Remote Control: The Polk Audio Woodbourne sound system features easily accessible Power, Source, and Volume front-panel controls. The Woodbourne also includes an IR remote for wireless operation of the speaker system. From the remote, you can power the unit on/off, select between sources, raise/lower the volume (including mute), and operate basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) of select devices. In order to ensure a wide range for the remote control, Polk included two IR sensors on either end of the cabinet behind the grille.
Polk Woodbourne Mobile App: Polk Audio's Woodbourne Application can be used to configure the Polk Woodbourne loudspeaker. Main functions include (1) Naming your Woodbourne, (2) Connecting your Woodbourne to your WiFi Network, and (3) Updating your Woodbourne Firmware.
AC Power: The Polk Woodbourne operates off of standard household current using the supplied 6.5' AC power cord.
1 question already asked