About the Infinity Reference 1011t
If you want to hear more realistic sound in your car, consider adding a pair of Infinity Reference 1011t tweeters. These 1" silk domes will add sparkle and brightness to your music, and improve your stereo image without tiring your ears.
Crossovers are included to prevent lower frequencies from reaching the tweeters and compromising sound quality. Infinity's "I-Mount" system makes it easy to install your new tweeters, while the Starfish bracket simplifies mounting in factory tweeter locations.
Priced per pair
- 1" silk dome tweeters
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- 2,500 Hz passive in-line crossovers
- power handling: 2-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 2,500-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- flush-mount depth: 15/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REF1011T
What's in the box:
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 5" speaker leads)
- 2 In-line filter (each filter has 23" input leads and 33" output leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/8" self-tapping screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
Infinity Reference 1011t reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 1011t
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||91|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||2500 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 7/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||1 1/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 13/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.646|
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven silk dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting
System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting
Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.517" (screw depth)||0.875"||0.479"||0.438"||1.009"||0.913"|
In-line Filters: Each in-line filter features a 2.5 kHz high-pass filter for the tweeter.
Filter Connections: Each filter has 23" input leads and 33" output leads. The output leads are terminated with male quick-slides and the input leads have bare wire.
Filter Dimensions: L=2.748", W=0.933", H=0.855"
Frequency Response: The manual incorrectly lists the frequency response as 2.5 - 51 kHz. The correct frequency response is 2.5 - 21 kHz.
The Infinity Reference 1011t replaces these items