About the Infinity Kappa 50.9cs
Infinity built their Kappa Series speakers with improved technology and high-end materials to provide you with outstanding sound reproduction. The Kappa 50.9cs component speaker system features 5-1/4" woofers with responsive woven glass-fiber cones that won't flex during a hard workout. The Plus One design offers a larger surface area for improved low-frequency output and efficiency, while longer voice coils add a little more punch to the bass. Large magnets keep the woofers running cooler by placing more steel close to the voice coils to act as a heat sink.
Textile dome tweeters
Infinity uses the same textile dome tweeters found in many of their popular home speakers with this Kappa system, so you'll hear the music the way it was recorded with minimal coloration or distortion. The tweeters handle down to 2,500 Hz, almost an octave below the tweeters in many systems, so you'll hear more definition and detail, no matter where you sit. Infinity includes mounting hardware to install the tweeters in custom or factory openings.
Premium crossover networks
The computer-optimized outboard crossover networks employ audiophile-grade components to separate highs and lows, so that the woofer and tweeter work together perfectly. You can attenuate tweeter response by 6 dB to get the perfect sonic balance if you've mounted the tweeters in a less-than-ideal factory location.
Pre-wired crossovers eliminate a time-consuming step in your installation, and terminals at the end of the crossover wires screw directly to the Kappa woofers and tweeters, leaving no chance for incorrect wiring.
Important Note: You should use an outboard amplifier to power these speakers.
- 5-1/4" component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- True Four Ohm Impedance technology: speaker's 2-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
- Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 1" ultra-high frequency textile dome tweeter with I-Mount and Starfish for multiple mounting options
- 2-way external crossover network with tweeter level adjustment
- direct-connect crossover dongle
- power range: 2-85 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 55-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/16"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 50.9cs
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille rings
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Twelve 1" Self-tapping screws
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- Two M4 x 10mm Machine screws
- 4 Washers
- 12 Speed clips
- 1mm Allen wrench
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Warranty information
Infinity Kappa 50.9cs reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa 50.9cs
Features & specs
|Tweeter Composition||UHF Textile|
|Woofer Composition||Woven-glass fiber|
|Woofer Surround||Hi-roll rubber|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93.4|
|Frequency Response||55 - 35k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||85|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 11/16|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speakers use cones more surface area than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woven Glass Fiber Woofer Cones: This woven-glass-fiber material is very light and extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex. This results in very low distortion and improved clarity. The woofers have set screw input terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire.
Edge Driven UHF Dome Tweeters: Each speaker has an Edge-driven UHF dome tweeter. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer. The tweeter wire terminals are set screws, tightened using the included 1mm Allen wrench; they accept bare wire up to 14 gauge.
High-Output Design: The high output 2-ohm voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4 ohm speakers). The speaker's 2.0-ohm impedance combined with the impedance of your speaker wire provides a true 4-ohm load to your connected headunit or amplifier. The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 2-ohm load.
Crossovers: Kappa speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers, using audiophile quality air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. Each crossover has a tweeter output switch; choose between flat and -6dB.
Crossover Connections: Each crossover has set screw input and output terminals that will accept up to 10 gauge bare wire.
- Length: 4-3/4"
- Width: 3-1/2"
- Height: 1-3/8"
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface or
flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting brackets allow
the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the grilles:
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Flush Mount (in-dash location): Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is dropped into the cutout in the dash. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.552" (screw depth)||1.311"||0.552" (screw depth)||0.692"||1.370"||0.692"|
The Infinity Kappa 50.9cs replaces these items