About the Infinity Reference 6000cs
Infinity's Reference component speaker systems feature smooth good looks and even smoother sound!
These systems use a full edge-driven textile dome tweeter a high performance tweeter design found on upper-end home speakers, not the W-dome (or balanced dome) tweeter commonly found in car speakers. A larger tweeter voice coil translates into increased power handling and less distortion at high output levels. Highs are clean, accurate, and free from harshness. Infinity's intelligent "I-Mount" system allows for flush-, angle-, or surface-mounting of the tweeters.
The Reference 6000cs component system features a 6-1/2" Plus One+ woofer (even larger than the previous Plus One cone) for increased output. The injection-molded polypropylene driver is lightweight, durable, and highly accurate; its hi-roll rubber surround provides smooth woofer excursion and long-term performance. The 2-way crossover includes 3,500 Hz high-pass and low-pass filters.
Priced per system
- Plus One+ polypropylene woofer
- hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high-pass and low-pass)
- frequency response 53-21,000 Hz
- power range 2-90 watts RMS
- peak power handling 270 watts
- sensitivity 92 dB
- top-mount depth 1-15/16"
- 1-year warranty
- MFR # REF6000CS
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Metal mounting rings
- 2 Strips of self-adhesive foam
- 2 Tweeters (each tweeter has attached 5" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Angled surface-mount brackets
- 2 Crossovers
- Twelve 1" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/8" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/16" self-tapping screws
- 8 Machine screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- Warranty card
Infinity Reference 6000cs reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 6000cs
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||53 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 15/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.643|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: Each woofer is constructed from Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Tweeter Material: Each tweeter features a 1" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface-, angle-, or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Angle Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters at an angle involves screwing the angled surface-mount bracket to the mounting location, then attaching the surface-mount cup to the angled surface-mount bracket. Next, insert and lock the tweeter into the surface-mount cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Angle Mount||Flush Mount|
|Depth||0.538" (screw depth)||0.482" (screw depth)||1.229"|
2-Way Crossovers: These speakers include computer-optimized, voice-matched crossovers. Each crossover features an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and an 18dB/octave, 3.5kHz low-pass network for the woofer.
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are gold-plated screw terminals.
Mounting: There are two mounting holes in the base of each crossover.
Crossover Dimensions: L=4.308", W=3.109", H=1.398"
The Infinity Reference 6000cs replaces these items