About the Infinity Reference Series 605cs
Soothe your traffic-stressed nerves with the smooth, non-fatiguing highs and deep, resonant lows of Infinity's redesigned Reference Series component systems.
The increased surface area of the 6-1/2" Plus One woofers provides for extended and more efficient bass. And thanks to injection-molded polypropylene cones and rugged Hi-Roll rubber surrounds, these woofers are extremely lightweight yet stiff, delivering great transient attack and handling substantial power.
The 1" silk dome tweeters ensure open, detailed response up to 20,000 Hz, and can be flush-, angle-, or surface-mounted for optimized imaging. 1-year warranty.Details:
- frequency response 54-20,000 Hz
- power range 2-90 watts RMS
- peak power handling 270 watts
- sensitivity 92 dB
- top-mount depth 1-15/16"
What's in the box:
- Two woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Tweeters (each with a 5" length of speaker wire attached)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Angled surface-mount brackets
- 2 Passive 3.5kHz crossovers
- 2 Self-adhesive foam strips
- 2 Metal mounting rings
- Twelve 1" self-tapping screws
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- Four 1/2" self-tapping screws
- Four 5/16" self-tapping screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Washers
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 Machine screws
- Warranty/Survey card
Infinity Reference Series 605cs reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference Series 605cs
Features & specs
|Parts Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||54 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 15/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.627|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The woofers use a cone approximately 30% larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Woofer Materials: The woofers are constructed from Injection-Molded Polypropylene. This process of cone molding assures a uniform cone thickness for superior linearity and clarity. It is also lighter weight and more rigid for decreased distortion and improved bass response.
Surrounds: The Hi-Roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Tweeters: The 1" silk dome tweeters offer smooth, accurate highs.
"I-Mount" Tweeter Mounting System:
- Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted through the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter, from behind the mounting surface, to hold the entire assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled +/-40 degrees for optimum response and imaging.
- Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup. Locking a tweeter into a surface mount cup is achieved by simply pressing the tweeter into the cup, then turning the tweeter 1/8th of a turn (clockwise).
- Surface mounting the tweeters at an angle involves screwing the angled surface mount bracket to the mounting location, then attaching the surface mount cup to the angled surface mount bracket. Next, insert and lock the tweeter into the surface mount cup. Locking a tweeter into a surface mount cup is achieved by simply pressing the tweeter into the cup, then turning the tweeter 1/8th of a turn (clockwise).
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Angled Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
|Mounting Depth||(0.541" screw depth)||N/A||1.150"|
2-way Crossovers: The included crossovers include a 3500Hz high-pass filter for the tweeters and a 3500Hz low-pass filter for the woofers.
Crossover Mounting: There are 2 mounting holes in the base of each crossover; screws to mount the crossovers are supplied. The crossovers are not weather proof, so they should not be mounted in locations, such as door panels, that will expose them to direct contact with water.
Gold Plated Crossover Terminals: The crossover terminals are gold plated for corrosion resistance.
Crossover Dimensions: 3.119"W x 1.434"H x 4.319"D