About the Infinity BassLink
You crave high-performance bass, but you don't want to use all of your available cargo space to get it. The master designers at Infinity put the same state-of-the-art technology that distinguishes Infinity speakers into the BassLink amplified subwoofer, so although it takes up just one cubic foot of trunk space, it'll produce resounding bass in any vehicle.
The BassLink brings together a 10" subwoofer, a 10" passive radiator (to increase efficiency and limit distortion), and an extremely efficient, specially designed 200-watt Class D amplifier that work as an integrated system. Special circuitry monitors voice coil position to maintain linearity at high power levels, so you hear loud, clear bass.
An array of controls will enable you to tweak your bass until it has just the thump you want. For optimum system blending, the low-pass filter is variable between 50-120 Hz (12 dB per octave), and a phase switch (0- or 180-degrees) is included. Adjust low bass impact with the bass EQ feature (-6 dB to +3 dB at 40 Hz). And you'll be able to put BassLink in a variety of in-vehicle locations, thanks to brackets that enable the rigid polymer box to be mounted vertically or horizontally. A wired remote with 16-foot cable allows you to adjust your BassLink's volume from your dash.
Read a hands-on review of the BassLink in the Crutchfield Learning Center.
- 10" woofer and 10" passive radiator
- Class D 200-watt amplifier
- wired volume control with 16-foot cable
- frequency response 20-120 Hz
- low-pass crossover variable from 50-120 Hz at 12 dB per octave
- speaker and line-level inputs
- phase switch
- bass boost adjusts from -6 dB to +3 dB at 40 Hz
- 20-amp fuse
- auto turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- remote turn-on lead (12V) required for use with RCA inputs
- 19' speaker-level input wires with plug-in harness included
- 14-1/2"W x 13-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D (vertical mount); 14-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 15-3/16"D (horizontal mount)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BASSLINK
What's in the box:
- Black amplified subwoofer with inserted 20-amp fuse
- BassLink LC remote bass level control
- 16' black RJ11 control cable (for remote bass level control)
- 2 Plastic vertical mounting feet
- 4 Plastic horizontal mounting feet
- 4 Bolts
- Two 19' Universal interface speaker-level input wiring harnesses (one with white and gray speaker wire-the other with green and violet speaker wire)
- Bass Link instructions
- Remote bass level control instructions
Infinity BassLink reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity BassLink
Features & specs
|Enclosure Type||Passive Radiator|
|Grille||Metal x 2|
|Connector Type||RCA/Speaker LVL|
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Material||Treated paper|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
|Crossover Point||50-120 Hz|
Design: The BassLink brings together a 10" subwoofer (treated paper cone, foam surround), a 10" passive radiator (to increase efficiency and limit distortion), and an extremely efficient, specially designed 200-watt Class D amplifier that work as an integrated system. Special circuitry monitors voice coil position to maintain linearity at high power levels, so you hear loud, clear bass.
Enclosure Type and Materials: The enclosure is made of an acoustically inert polymer which is rigid enough to resist flexing and dampens any resonance.
Servo-Control: The servo-control system continually monitors the performance of the speaker and ensures that the amplifier delivers exactly the right amount of power.
Class D Amplifier: This unit has a built-in 200 watt Class D amplifier which is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofer and passive radiator combination.
Auto Turn-On Feature: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system will automatically turn on and off with the radio. Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used, unless the remote turn-on lead is connected.
Low-Pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover frequency can be varied from 50Hz to 120Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle. The crossover has a slope of 12dB per octave.
Bass Boost: The amplifier includes a continuously adjustable bass boost from -6 to +3dB centered at 40Hz.
Phase Switch: Allows you to select normal or reverse for best bass.
Mounting: You will be able to put BassLink in a variety of in-vehicle locations, thanks to its compact size and mounting feet that enable the rigid polymer box to be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Vertical Mounting Dimensions:
- Width: 14.625"
- Height: 13.375" (including feet)
- Depth: 8.675" (10.076" including feet)
- Horizontal Mounting Dimensions:
- Width: 14.625"
- Height: 9.5" (including feet)
- Depth: 12.75" (15.1875" including feet)
Overview: The BassLink LC allows you to adjust the volume of BassLink powered subwoofer.
Installation: The BassLink LC may be mounted under the dash or may be dismantled and mounted inside the dash for a factory appearance.
- Under-dash Mounting: Select a mounting location that allows easy, safe access to the control while driving. The BassLink LC has mounting "ears" to use as a template for drilling pilot holes. Attach screws through the "ears" to secure the BassLink LC to the mounting surface.
- In-dash Mounting: Disassemble the BassLink LC by removing the Phillips-head screws on the front, rear, and top panels. Remove the bottom and side panels and disengage the RJ11 connector from the back panel. Choose a mounting location that allows easy, safe access to the control, and provides 1-3/4" clearance behind the mounting surface. Drill a 9/32" hole in the mounting surface. Feed the BassLink LC's potentiometer (with the knob removed) through the hole and use the nut provided to hold the control in place.
- Connecting to BassLink: Route the cable behind the dash or other interior panels and under the carpet. Do not route the cable outside the vehicle. Connect the cable on both ends.
- Universal Interface: Front and rear, left and right Universal interface speaker-level inputs (for use with the supplied speaker-level input wiring harnesses)
- Line Level RCA Inputs: Front and rear, left and right female preamp level inputs
- +BATT (+12V): Gold-plated screw terminal, 0.350" wide
- REM (remote turn-on): Gold-plated screw terminal, 0.350" wide
- GND (ground): Gold-plated screw terminal, 0.350" wide
- Fuse: There is an installed 20 Amp fuse
- Remote Gain Control: Phone type jack for included remote gain control
- Gain Control: Rotary control that sets gain (variable from 250mV to 4V)
- Crossover Control: Rotary control that sets the low-pass crossover point (variable from 50 to 120Hz)
- Bass Boost Control: Rotary control that sets bass boost level (variable from -6 to +3dB, centered at 40Hz)
- Phase Switch: Selects normal or reverse phase (0 or 180 degrees)
- Power LED: The power LED glows red when the BassLink is on
- Servo LED: The Servo LED glows green when the servo circuit has determined that the woofer has reached maximum excursion and power to the woofer has been modified to provide maximum performance. The LED should light momentarily during high-level bass transients. Note: Avoid adjustments that cause the LED to remain lit for an extended period of time
16 questions already asked