About the Infinity BeTA 621Be
Engineered for high resolution audio
Engineered for high resolution audio
Infinity flaunts their aerospace roots with their flagship BeTA Series component speaker system. It's not just the futuristic aesthetic that's astounding here, it's the sound, of course. Carbon fiber woofers provide meaningful, resonant lows while beryllium dome tweeters soar, hitting highs up to 40,000 Hz. Infinity's aim with design and construction here is to make your vehicle your most favorite place to experience music. With high-resolution audio files as your source, your wheels won't be the only thing moving you — this BeTA 621Be 6-1/2" component speaker system will spark a whole new appreciation for your music library.
Infinity developed their carbon fiber woofer to minimize distortion when the volume is turned up... way up. The woofer's durability and agility is enhanced by a high-roll rubber surround. Infinity chose beryllium for the tweeter for its excellent damping properties which helps keep resolution clear up to 40,000 Hz. What results is uncolored sound that perfectly presents details that get lost with inferior tweeters.
Infinity doesn't slouch when it comes to the components of the included external crossover networks either — they deliver impressive, smooth performance. And with bi-amping capability as well as three-position tweeter output selectability, Infinity equips you with some customization for your installation.
- 6-1/2" component speaker system
- includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossover networks
- carbon fiber woofer cone with high-roll rubber surround
- die-cast aluminum woofer basket
- 1" beryllium dome tweeter
- bi-amp capable external crossover with selectable crossover points (2,500 or 3,500 Hz) and adjustable output
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB at 2.83 volts/1 meter
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INFSPKBEBE621AM
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (5" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount housing retention nuts
- 2 Angled surface-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1" Screws
- Ten 3/8" Screws
- Six 1/2" Screws
- 14 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed trim rings
- Adhesive backed foam gasket strip
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Chinese)
Infinity BeTA 621Be reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity BeTA 621Be
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||60 - 40k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.416|
Woofer Size Classification: Infinity describes these woofers as 6½; they will fit some 6½ applications, but they require a cutout slightly larger than is standard, and have a bigger frame, so they usually end up sorting with 6¾ applications. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Beryllium Tweeters: Beryllium is several times stiffer than titanium or aluminum, but much lighter than either; it also has inner damping characteristics similar to silk. These properties make Beryllium an excellent tweeter material. The tweeters use neodymium magnets to provide a powerful magnetic field for the voice coil. The 1" tweeters also allow a lower crossover point, providing a more transparent transition between the woofers and tweeters, and improving the stereo imaging. The tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed into the flush mount housing and inserted into the opening. The large plastic retention nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place.
- Angled Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the angled surface mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind
the existing grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 1/8 of an inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.835"||screw depth||1.12"||screw depth||0.705"||1.105"|
Crossover: The passive crossovers allow some system flexibility; the tweeter output levels and crossover points are adjustable, and the speakers can be bi-amped.
- Tweeter Level: 3-position switch; choose -1.5 dB, 0 dB (flat), or +1.5 dB
- Tweeter Crossover Point: 2-position switch; choose 2.5 kHz or 3.5 kHz
- Wire Connections: inputs and outputs are set screw terminals; accommodate bare wire up to 10-gauge; the woofers also have 10-gauge set screw terminals and the wire attached to the tweeters is not terminated (tinned bare wire)
- Bi-Amp: independent inputs and a 2-position switch allow bi-amping the component speakers
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 6.765"
- Height: 1.975"
- Depth: 4.640" (plus wire)