About the Infinity Kappa 10.11t
Infinity's Kappa 10.11t 3/4" tweeters continue in the tradition of this legendary line of speakers, bringing you impressive sound quality. Once installed, these tweeters will bring out every nuance and detail in your favorite music tracks, making time spent in your car seem more like a concert than a commute.
Large soft dome tweeters
If you're looking for natural-sounding high frequencies, these edge-driven 3/4" soft dome tweeters are a great candidate for your system. The edge-driven" design creates a larger tweeter that handles more power and delivers smooth response way down into frequencies not covered by smaller "W"-shaped domes. You'll hear a more clearly defined soundstage where you can picture the placement of every instrument.
Infinity includes hardware for surface- or flush-mounting the tweeters, plus Starfish brackets that help you install the tweeters in many factory tweeter openings. The included external crossovers send the appropriate frequencies to the tweeters to protect them from damage.
Great for any system
These 2-ohm tweeters are sensitive enough that you can power them with an aftermarket stereo, but you'll get your best results feeding them plenty of power from an outboard amp — up to 50 watts RMS.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install these tweeters in the factory locations.
- 3/4" soft dome tweeters
- 2-ohm impedance
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- outboard computer-optimized crossovers
- power handling: 5-50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 3,500-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- flush-mount depth: 3/4"
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 10.11t
What's in the box:
- 2 Tweeters (6" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- Two M4x10mm Machine screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Adhesive backed tweeter grille badges
Infinity Kappa 10.11t reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa 10.11t
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||3500 - 35k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||1 1/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 15/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.638|
Edge Driven: The 3/4" edge-driven tweeters use textile soft domes. An edge-driven tweeter has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than typical tweeters of the same size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and musical clarity.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters
can be surface or flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel)
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel)
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel)
- Flush Mount (in-dash location)
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.326" (screw depth)||0.705"||0.326" (screw depth)||0.523"||1.075"||1.012"|
Crossover Connections: The crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs and will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.325" wide.
- Length: 2.406"
- Width: 1.182" (1.576" including mounting tabs)
- Height: 1.008"
Power Handling: Although Infinity lists the RMS power handling as 50 watts, they also list the recommended power range as 5-75 watts RMS. We've opted to list the more conservative 50 watt RMS figure on the specifications page.
The Infinity Kappa 10.11t replaces these items
2 questions already asked