About the Infinity Kappa K2
High tech and stylish
High tech and stylish
Infinity's Kappa K2 2-channel car amplifier can supply a set of high-performance speakers with 100 watts RMS each — good news for all you music fans out there. Even better, you can stream music directly from a Bluetooth device to this amp, while its built-in processing restores the excitement in your music that data compression removes. Plus, the dancing, signal-level LEDs on the cover add to the amp's high-tech look and overall coolness factor.
Connectivity is the name of this game
You can stream music from your compatible Bluetooth device directly to the K2, for convenient, wireless play that bypasses your car's radio. The amp's preamp outputs let you connect a subwoofer amp, like the matching Infinity Kappa K1000 or Kappa K600, for better-sounding bass in your music. The Party Mode feature allows up to three different sources to stream, so more people can join in the fun. The included wired remote gives you handy controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing.
Powerful and versatile
Need some bass power? You can switch the K2 into bridged mode and drive a subwoofer with 250 watts RMS. A high- or low-pass filter matches the amp's output to your speakers, increasing the efficiency of the system. The Kappa K2 can accept low- or speaker-level inputs so it'll work in almost any system, and Infinity includes RCA-to-speaker wire adapters so you'll make the right connections.
Decompression saves the sound
Downloaded digital music and streaming services apply data compression to their files so you can store more of them on your devices, but compressed music sounds noticeably duller than uncompressed files. Harman's Clari-Fi™ sound restoration technology improves the sound quality of your digital music by analyzing the data and then reconstructing the parts that were removed during the compression process. You get crisper highs, increased dynamics, and clearer vocals.
Kappa K2 input and control panel
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (120 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 240 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire-to-RCA adapters included)
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-7/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 6-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # K2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- Two 30A ATO fuses (1 installed)
- Control panel with attached 19.5' cable
- Control panel flush mount sleeve
- Control panel mounting bracket
- 2 M4 x 10mm bracket screws
- 2 Bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- Remote plug (Euro or Phoenix connector)
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 52mm)
- Quick Start Guide
Infinity Kappa K2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa K2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Infinity Kappa K2 is part of the Kappa series of high-performance amplifiers. This full range Class D 2-channel amplifier will accept both high-level and low-level inputs. Class D amplifiers are highly efficient and compact, generating lots of power without drawing much current or generating heat. The Kappa K2 includes Clari-Fi, an audio restoration feature that improves the sound of compressed digital files. The amp also includes a cabin-mounted control panel to give you amplifier control at your fingertips. The unit comes with spare fuses, speaker wire-to-RCA adapters, and mounting hardware.
Power Output: The Kappa K2 delivers the following power output:
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 120 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 240 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms bridged (<0.3% THD+N)
Clari-Fi: Clari-Fi is a proprietary technology that analyzes compressed digital music files and improves them in real time. Using a predictive algorithm that restores audio content that is lost during the compression process. Clari-Fi provides extra bandwidth, especially in the high frequencies, widens the sound stage, and gives vocals a natural warmth not found in compressed files.
Control Panel: The amplifier comes with a wired control panel that provides numerous features not typically found with amplifiers. It has Bluetooth technology, and an omni-directional microphone for accepting and ending phone calls from your cell phone. Party Mode lets you pair multiple Bluetooth devices for streaming music from anyone's phone. The control panel also lets you activate the Clari-Fi feature. The panel is 4-7/16"W x 15/16"H, and has a 19.5-foot cable. It can be flush- or surface-mounted with the supplied brackets.
ADAS: The Kappa K2 has an interface for the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that can override the audio source input to deliver a message or other audio from a connected ADAS accessory. On the amplifier, you can designate which speaker the ADAS signal is output: Front left or front right.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. The LED on the top of the amp glows red if the amp goes into protection mode.
Controls: The Kappa K2's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The amp controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain control lets you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit. The input sensitivity range of the amplifier is 0.2V and up for a low-level input, and up to 20V for speaker-level input.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch lets you select the type of input you are using. For high-level input, there are two settings: Hi1 and Hi2. If the audio system fails to play with an amplifier connected to its output, or you get a "speaker disconnected" message on your factory stereo, set the switch to the Hi2 position. The Hi2 position includes a circuit design to fool this type of factory system into "seeing" a speaker connected to its output.
- Crossover: The amp features a switchable crossover that can be set to low pass (LPF), high pass (HPF), or Full Range. You can adjust the cutoff frequency of the crossover from 32Hz to 320Hz using the rotary control.
Connections: The Infinity Kappa K2 uses set screw terminals for the +12V power, ground, and speaker outputs. The screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head or flat-head screwdriver (not provided). The amp connections include:
- Power/Ground: The +12V Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire. It is recommended that you use a minimum of 8 AWG power wire to the battery, with an in-line 30A fuse (or higher) installed no more than 18" from the battery terminal. An 8 AWG ground wire (minimum) is also recommended, and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote turn on wire connects to the supplied plastic 2-pin Euro or Phoenix connector. The connector has tiny set screws to tighten the wire, and requires a precision screwdriver (2.4mm or 3/32"). The connector has "IN" and "OUT" terminals, allowing you to daisy chain the turn-on signal to another amplifier, if needed.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features screw terminals for connecting two speakers. There are markings on the terminals for bridging the amplifier.
- Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes two bare wire-to-RCA adapters for connecting the amp to a factory radio or aftermarket head unit without preamp outputs. You should attach the left and right speaker wires from the head unit to each adapter and plug the adapter's RCA plug into the amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with one pair of RCA inputs for connecting stereo RCA patch cables from the head unit to the amp.
- Pre-Out: A second pair of RCA jacks is provided to output the audio signal to a second amplifier, if desired.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked