About the Infinity Kappa 693C
Infinity designed and built their Kappa Series for audiophile tastes. This Kappa 693C 6"x9" component speaker system benefits from a refined design, Infinity's proprietary technology, and premium materials to deliver uncompromised audio quality. Plus, Infinity has added convenient features for getting just the right sound for your ride.
Edge-driven silk dome tweeters
Infinity employs an edge-driven design in their silk dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume. With a frequency response that peaks at 40,000 Hz, you'll have what you need to hear a new level of detail in the car. Dial in your sound even more and adjust the tweeter level using the control button on the separate crossovers.
Plus One+ woofer technology
Kappa's glass fiber woofer will hold its shape when the power's cranked up, so you still get punchy and defined bass. Glass fiber weighs less than traditional materials, so you don't need a ton of power to drive this woofer either. Infinity's Plus One+ woofer technology extends the cone right up to the edge of the basket, giving you lots of surface area — and a bigger cone means more bass to complement the superior high-frequency response.
Infinity holds their external crossovers to the same standards as the rest of this speaker system. Premium components shape the distinctive Kappa sound and bring out all the details that make your music sound real. These crossovers will easily accommodate an upgrade to a 3-way system if you'd like to add Infinity's optional 203S and 303S midrange drivers.
Awesome power handling, no matter the system
These 3-ohm speakers boast ultra-high sensitivity so that you can power them with a factory radio or aftermarket stereo, but you'll get your best results feeding them plenty of power from an outboard amp. Either way, these speakers' low impedance safely takes advantage of every watt of power available for exceptional performance. Enjoy Kappa sound quality at any volume.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6"x9" Plus One+ glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- 3/4" edge-driven, silk dome tweeter
- 3-ohm impedance
- handles up to 145 watts RMS (435 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INFSPKKA693CAM
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has a 6" speaker lead attached terminated with male quick-slides)
- 2 Woofer bottom mount brackets
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Threaded flush-mount cups
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish mounts
- Eight 1-1/2" Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- Eight 1-3/8" Screws
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- 16 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed Infinity logo badges
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Template on box
- Installation manual
Infinity Kappa 693C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa 693C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Edge-Driven Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Glass Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||94|
|Frequency Response||35 - 40k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||145|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||435|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 3/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 7/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.437|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One woofer cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
Terminals: The woofer input terminals are set screws that will accept up to 12 gauge bare wire.
High-Output Design: The high output 3Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4Ω speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 3Ω load.
Edge Driven Tweeters: The ¾" edge-driven tweeters use silk domes. An edge-driven tweeter has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than typical tweeters of the same size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and musical clarity. The 6" speaker wire attached to each tweeter is terminated with male quick-slides (0.187" positive and 0.110" negative).
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be
surface or flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel)
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel)
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel)
- Flush Mount (in-dash location)
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.34" (screw depth)||0.531"||0.34" (screw depth)||0.531"||1.062"||1.0"|
Crossovers: The input, tweeter output, and woofer output wires are attached to the crossovers; each is 8" long and terminated with tinned bare wire. Each crossover has a tweeter output level switch; choose between flat and -3dB. Each also has a 2-way/3-way switch used when adding the matching midrange to upgrade the system to 3-way.
- Width: 4⅛"
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1⅞"
3-Way Upgrade: The included system crossovers are gap-selectable, to accommodate a midrange upgrade. The optional Kappa 203S and 303S midrange (item numbers 108K203S and 108K303S, both sold separately as a pair) include the band pass crossover to upgrade this two-way system to a three-way system with perfect tonal balance.
The Infinity Kappa 693C replaces these items
- 6"x9" Plus One+ glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven, soft dome tweeter
- handles up to 135 watts RMS (405 watts peak power)
2 questions already asked