About the Infinity Kappa 753T
Infinity designed and built their Kappa Series for audiophile tastes. These Kappa 753T 3/4" tweeters benefit from a refined design, Infinity's proprietary technology, and premium materials to deliver uncompromised audio quality.
Edge-driven silk dome tweeters
Infinity employs an edge-driven design in their silk dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume. With a frequency response that peaks at 40,000 Hz, you'll have what you need to hear a new level of detail in the car. Infinity includes hardware for surface- or flush-mounting the tweeters, plus Starfish brackets that help you install the tweeters in many factory tweeter openings.
Infinity holds their external crossovers to the same standards as the rest of this speaker system. Premium components shape the distinctive Kappa sound and bring out all the details that make your music sound real.
Awesome power handling, no matter the system
These 3-ohm tweeters boast ultra-high sensitivity so that you can power them with a factory radio or aftermarket stereo, but you'll get your best results feeding them plenty of power from an outboard amp. Either way, these speakers' low impedance safely takes advantage of every watt of power available for exceptional performance. Enjoy Kappa sound quality at any volume.
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- 3-ohm impedance
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- handles up to 50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 2,000- 40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INFSPKKA753TAM
What's in the box:
- 2 Tweeters (6" wire attached)
- Two 16" Lengths of speaker wire with in-line crossovers
- 2 Threaded flush-mount cups
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish mounts
- Six 3/8" Flat head screws
- 2 Adhesive backed Infinity logo badges
- Installation manual
Infinity Kappa 753T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa 753T
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||2000 - 40k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||50|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||0 5/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.354|
Edge Driven: The ¾" edge-driven tweeters use silk domes. An edge-driven tweeter has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than typical tweeters of the same size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and musical clarity.
High-Output Design: The high output 3Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4Ω speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 3Ω load.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be
surface or flush mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the flush-mount adapter (with the tweeter installed) is inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Surface Mount (behind grille panel)
- Flush Mount (behind grille panel)
- Bottom Mount (to grille panel)
- Flush Mount (in-dash location)
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Surface Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (behind grille panel)||Starfish Bottom Mount (to grille panel)||Starfish Flush Mount (in-dash location)|
|Depth||0.34" (screw depth)||0.531"||0.34" (screw depth)||0.531"||1.062"||1.0"|
Crossover Connections: The crossovers are wired in-line with the included 16" lengths of speaker wire. The output end of the wire is terminated with female quick slides that mate to the male quick slides attached to the wire on the tweeters. The input end is tinned bare wire. The crossovers are approximately ⅝" at their widest point.
1 question already asked