About the Infinity Kappa Two
Delivers power in style
Delivers power in style
This handsome little black box delivers big power and fits almost anywhere in your car. Infinity's Kappa Two 2-channel amplifier can supply a pair of high-performance speakers with 100 watts RMS each — good news for everyone who likes it loud and clean. You could also use this amp bridged in one-channel mode to power a subwoofer with up to 240 watts RMS. The variable high- and low-pass filter optimizes the amp's output for your speakers or subs, increasing the efficiency of the system.
You can use this amp's preamp outputs to connect to a subwoofer amp, like the matching Infinity Kappa One 6 or Kappa One K, so your system will have plenty of low-end punch — a remote output connection on this amp will even turn on your sub amp. The Kappa Two can accept low- or speaker-level inputs so it'll work in almost any system — and Infinity includes RCA-to-speaker wire adapters so you'll make the right connections. They also include an electrical anti-rotational locking (E.A.R.L.) ground terminal, which provides a very secure and conductive ground connection for the amplifier.
Kappa 2 signal connections and controls
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 120 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 240 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 15-35,000 Hz
- variable high- or low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire-to-RCA adapters included)
- E.A.R.L. ground terminal included
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- dimensions: 8-7/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 8-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KAPPA TWO
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp ATO fuses (1 installed)
- 2 Speaker wire-to-RCA adapters
- EARL ground terminal (for 4-gauge wire)
- Three 1/2" Self tapping screws
- Heat shrink (1-3/16" long)
- Four 2" Screws
- 2-pin Remote input (Phoenix) plug
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Korean/ Chinese/ Indonesian)
Infinity Kappa Two reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Kappa Two
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||700 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-35k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
E.A.R.L. Terminal: An Electrical Anti-Rotational Locking (E.A.R.L.) terminal is provided for the ground wire. The terminal is designed for 4-gauge wire and requires a large crimping tool to secure. Three screws are included to attach the terminal to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes two speaker wire to RCA adapters, for connecting the amp to the speaker-level output of a factory radio or aftermarket head unit.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for overheating, DC voltage on the audio output, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. An LED lights red if the amp goes into protection mode.
- Gain: rotary dial; labeled min/max; range depends on how the Input Level switch is set
- Input Level: 3-position switch:
- Lo: line-level input only; input gain range 200mV-2V
- Hi1: speaker-level or line-level input; no input gain range is given
- Hi2: speaker-level input only; input gain range 2V-20V; Hi2 contains a circuit designed so the factory audio system "sees" a speaker connected to its output (some factory radios mute their output when they detect no speaker connected)
- Crossover: 3-position switch; choose LPF (low-pass filter), HPF (high-pass filter), or Full (no crossover)
- Frequency: rotary dial; continuously variable from 32 Hz to 320 Hz (the slope is 12 dB/octave)
- Auto Turn-on: 2-position switch; if the source unit has no remote turn-on wire, set the switch to Auto, which turns the amplifier on when it detects a speaker level signal on the input; set to Off when connecting a remote turn-on lead
Connections: The Phillips-head screws for tightening/loosening the power, ground, and speaker output wires are located under a magnetic cover.
- Power/Ground: The power and ground set screw terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire (8-gauge minimum is recommended). Infinity also recommends an in-line 100 amp fuse within 18" of the battery.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote Turn-on terminal is a 2-pin Phoenix (or Euroblock) connector that accepts up to 16-gauge wire (20-gauge recommended). There is also a remote out on the terminal to trigger a second amplifier.
- Speaker Outputs: The speaker outputs are also set screw terminals, and will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The amplifier's minimum speaker impedance is 2Ω, 4Ω when the amp is bridged.
- RCA Inputs: The amplifier has one pair of RCA jacks for the input, compatible with either line-level or speaker-level signals. Two speaker wire to RCA adapters are included.
- Preamp Outputs: A pair of full range RCA outputs is provided for sending a line-level signal to a second amplifier.
The Infinity Kappa Two replaces these items
- 240 watts RMS x 1 bridged
- wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing
- preamp and speaker-level inputs