About the Infinity Primus 1270
Made for great sound
Made for great sound
The bass battleground is littered with blown budget subwoofers that couldn't handle the daily abuse. Infinity wants your next sub to be a great one, and their Primus Series models offer all the benefits of their expertise at a very reasonable price.
First, you need power to make great bass. The Primus Series 1270 12" sub features a rugged 2" diameter voice coil that allows it to handle up to 300 watts RMS. Second, you need reliability. Infinity builds this Primus sub out of durable materials that have been proven to stand up to abuse. The polypropylene cone and rubber surround handle high power levels with minimal distortion, and the stamped steel frame gives this sub a firm foundation. Third, you need versatility. This sub works equally well in sealed or ported enclosures, so you can get the kind of bass you want. The 1270's deep bass sound will make your ears happy, and its price point will make your wallet happy too.
To drive this single subwoofer, we recommend a mono amplifier rated between 150 and 450 watts RMS at 4 ohms. For more information, please refer to our article on How to Match Subwoofers and Amplifiers.
- 12" component subwoofer
- polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- stamped steel frame
- handles up to 300 watts RMS (1200 watts peak)
- frequency response: 35-200 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- sensitivity (2.83V at 1 meter): 91 dB
- mounting depth: 5-15/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INFPRIMUS1270AM
What's in the box:
- One 12" Woofer
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ fourteen other languages)
- 2 Infinity stickers
More details on the Infinity Primus 1270
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.4|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.6|
|Port diameter (inches)||2.95|
|Port length (inches)||4|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
91 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||35 - 200 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||300|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1200|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 15/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||6 7/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||10 15/16|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
- Sealed Box Volume: 1.4 ft³; a sealed enclosure design gives the smoothest response with increased energy at the lowest frequencies
- Ported Box Volume: 1.6 ft³ with one 2.95" diameter x 4" long port (tuned to 34 Hz); Ported (or vented) enclosures typically provide better overall efficiency than sealed, maximizing bass output for a given amplifier
- Free-Air: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (infinite baffle, no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is reduced by half (to 150 watts RMS).
- Band-Pass: Infinity also recommends a prefabricated band-pass enclosure, but no volume specifications are listed in the manual. Band-pass enclosures often provide the most output available from any amplifier and subwoofer combination, but at the expense of sonic accuracy.