About the Infinity Reference 1210a
Whether you're building a component system, powering a pair of full-range speakers, or just pounding away with a subwoofer, there's an Infinity Reference series amp ready to take on the job. Boasting impressive power ratings and fine-tuned controls, these amplifiers are capable of sending your music to new sonic heights.
It's all thanks to high-output MOSFET power supplies which ensure maximum power delivery to your speakers for efficient operation and variable filters that let you contour the output to fit your music. Want hands-on control? Then grab hold of the optional wired remote and make level adjustments right from your dash. And, since every Infinity Reference amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant, you'll know you're getting the power as advertised.
If you're looking for a bass driving monster to power your sub, the Infinity 1210a has you covered with 854 watts RMS of mono Class D power (a monstrous 1,300 watts at 2 ohms). The Dynamic Bass Optimization circuit allows you to boost low frequencies (up to 12 dB, variable from 20-40 Hz) for clean, crisp bass no matter how loud you like it. This unique circuit also features high-pass filtering so it can act as a subsonic filter to maximize the performance of a subwoofer mounted in a ported enclosure.
- 854 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (CEA-2006 Compliant)
- 1300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D circuitry
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Dynamic Bass Optimization circuit (high- and low-pass filters, variable from 20-40 Hz)
- requires 4-gauge power and ground leads hardware and wiring not included with amplifier
- preamp outputs
- optional wired level control
- 19-7/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 12-1/8"D
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Reference 1210a
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier with three installed 40A ATC fuses
- Three 40A ATC fuses
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 1 Silica gel packet
- One 8" x 2-1/2" Infinity sticker
- Amplifier Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 1210a
Status LEDs: The amplifier has the following status LEDs:
- Clip: indicates the amplifier is being overdriven, and your speakers may be in danger. This should blink only on musical peaks, and not be on constantly.
- Power: indicates the amplifier is on
- Protect: indicates any of the following problems: DC voltage on amplifier output, overheating, under voltage, over voltage, and short circuit in the speakers or wire
Low-pass Filter: The internal low-pass filter can be adjusted from 32 to 320 Hz, and has a slope of 12 dB per octave.
Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO): The Dynamic Bass Optimizer is used to enhance low-frequency reproduction in a vehicle. Conventional bass boost circuits only increase bass at a fixed frequency, and cause the amplifier to consume considerable power. The DBO allows you to adjust the frequency (20-40 Hz) as well as the boost level (up to 12 dB), allowing you to fine-tune the bass in your system to optimize performance. This unique circuit also features high-pass filtering so it can act as a subsonic filter to maximize performance of a subwoofer mounted in a ported enclosure.
Remote Level Control Compatible: The optional 100rc wired remote level control allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle.
Preamp Outputs: The preamp output jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the vehicle to the amplifier location. These outputs provide a full-range signal.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): 0.538" screw terminal
- Remote: 0.357" screw terminal
- GRD (ground): 0.538" screw terminal
- Speakers: 0.357" screw terminals
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Level Control: RJ-11 jack for use with the optional 100rc wired remote level control
Amplifier Wiring: The amplifier uses three 40-amp fuses, so its total fuse rating is 120 amps. Since pre-packaged 4-gauge amplifier wiring kits normally have 60-amp or 80-amp fuses, you will need to replace the fuse and fuse holder in the kit with a 150-amp ANL fuse (item # 211ANL150) and ANL fuse holder (211FH4ANL).