About the Infinity Reference 3004A
Streamlined for power
Streamlined for power
Infinity's sleek Reference 3004A four-channel amplifier will add some firepower and excitement to your music without losing its cool. This power plant can pump out 75 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers. Or, you could power front speakers with the amp's two front channels while sending up to 200 watts RMS to a subwoofer from bridged rear channels.
Works in almost any vehicle
Speaker-level inputs and signal-sensing turn-on allow this amplifier to work in almost any system, even if you're keeping your car's factory radio. You can use the separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels to maximize the performance of your speakers or subs. A set of preamp outputs allows you to send a signal to your subwoofer amplifier.
Infinity Reference 3004A connection panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Class H amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- dimensions: 12-5/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMPRF3004AAM
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 30A fuses (2 installed/2 spares)
- 4 Speaker to RCA adapters
- Four 2-1/8" screws
- Logo badge w/ adhesive backing
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 3004A
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
200 x 2
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-40k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
4-Channel Design: The Infinity Reference 3004A is designed to provide 75W RMS x 4 channels @ 4Ω and 100W RMS x 4 channels @ 2Ω. Both front and rear pairs of channels can be bridged into a 4Ω load, providing 200W RMS x 2.
- Note: An 8 ga. amp wiring kit is recommended (sold separately).
Class D Design: The Infinity Reference 3004A is equipped with a high-performance Class D switching power supply, which is more efficient than traditional class AB power supplies. This allows the amp to provide high output with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system.
Low Noise & Distortion: The 3004A amplifier features balanced differential inputs to ensure low noise and distortion, even at high output levels. This also makes it less susceptible to line induced, radiated engine noise.
Protection Circuitry: The amp features 3-way protection, and will shut itself down in the following cases:
- Temperature: Amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: Voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5V or more than 16V
- Short Circuit: Short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
Power and Protection LEDs: The amplifier features a Power and Protection LED on the input side of the unit. The Power LED illuminates Green when the amplifier is supplied power. The Protection LED will illuminate Red when the amplifier goes into protect-mode.
Compact Size: The Reference 3004A is housed in a compact chassis with a small footprint, allowing it to fit in more vehicles where mounting space is limited.
Hidden Control Panel: The top panel of the Reference 3004A can unsnap and slide off to access all of the amp's controls.
Gain: Both front and rear pairs of channels have their own rotary control to match the level of the input signal
Filter & Frequency: Both front and rear channels can have a crossover applied to them. A 3-way switch for each lets you select: HPF (high-pass), LPF (low-pass), or FULL (full-range). This variable 12dB per octave filter includes a Freq dial that can be set between 32Hz and 320Hz.
Turn-On Mode: Lets you select whether you are using high- or low-level input signals.
- DC: Allows the amp to power on/off with speaker-level signals.
- REM: Allows the amp to power on/off when the REM terminal gets +12V from the headunit's remote output. This should be selected when using the RCA low-level inputs.
Input Level: Working in conjunction with the Turn-On Mode, this 3-way switch lets you set the input sensitivity range:
- Lo: Set to this when using RCA low-level inputs.
- HI1 & HI2: These settings provide 2 levels of input sensitivity when using speaker-level inputs. If the amp doesn't power on when set to HI1, setting it to HI2 will allow it to be activated.
Preamp & Speaker Input: Two pairs of RCA jacks are used for both low-level and high-level signals. If using high-level, 4 speaker wire-to-RCA adapters are provided. These feature an RCA plug on one end and 2 wire-ports with set-screws on the other end, accepting speaker wire up to 18 ga.
Preamp Outputs: A pair of RCA output jacks are provided to pass the incoming signals out to additional amplifiers, without the need for RCA splitters.
Speaker Output: Eight set-screw terminals for connecting speaker wires; accommodating up to 8 ga. (16 ga. minimum recommended).
- +12V: Set screw terminal for power wire from battery; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
- Remote: Set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; handles up to 8 gauge wire (18 gauge minimum recommended)
- Ground: Set screw terminal for ground; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
Fuses: 2 Slots for 30A ATC fuses (installed). Two spare 30A fuses are also provided.
The Infinity Reference 3004A replaces these items
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- variable high- and low-pass filters on front and rear channels
- speaker-level and preamp inputs