About the Infinity Reference REF-375TX
Smooth and clear
Smooth and clear
Muddy soundstage across your dash? Looking to brighten up your system a bit? Infinity's REF-375tx 3/4" dome tweeters will bring refreshingly warm detail to your music and provide an improved stereo image — without being shrill or causing harshness.
Bring on the power
Infinity uses an edge-driven tweeter design and a large voice coil to help this tweeter handle up to 45 watts RMS. The package includes in-line crossovers that protect the tweeters against lower frequencies, along with adapters that allow for surface- or flush-mounting, so that installation's a lot easier. You can use the included Starfish mounts to place the tweeters in many existing tweeter openings.
Installation note: You may need a pair of our universal backstraps to install these tweeters in the factory locations.
- 3/4" textile dome tweeters (pair)
- flush- and surface-mount hardware included
- Starfish bracket for mounting in factory tweeter locations
- passive in-line crossovers included (2,500 Hz)
- handles up to 45 watts RMS (135 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 2,500-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- top-mount depth: 13/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REF375TXAM
What's in the box:
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 In-line crossovers (each has 24" input leads and 33" output leads)
- 2 Flush-mount housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount housings
- 2 Starfish mounts
- Six 5/8" Flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Infinity logos
- Instruction manual
- Template on box
More details on the Infinity Reference REF-375TX
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||2500 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||45|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||135|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||0 15/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||1 5/8|
Material: Each tweeter features a 3/4" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount: The tweeters can be surface-
or flush-mounted with Infinity's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||screw depth||0.786"||0.930"||screw depth||0.471"||0.571"|
Crossover Connections: Each crossover has 24" input leads and 33" output leads. The output leads are terminated with female quick-slides (that mate to the male quick-slides on the wire attached to the tweeters) and the input leads have bare wire.
- Length: 2-3/4"
- Width: 7/8"
- Height: 7/8"