About the Infinity Reference 5350a
Infinity's Reference Series amplifiers offer impressive power and extensive controls for fine-tuning your sound — an ideal way to boost your music's intensity and clarity. Strict reliability testing results in durable, dependable amplifiers, and their compact size gives you more installation options in tight places.
The versatile Infinity Reference 5350a 5-channel amplifier sends 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers with its 4-channel main power section, while its mono subwoofer channel delivers up to 300 watts to your subwoofers. And every Infinity Reference amplifier is certified to deliver power as advertised.
The sub channel can receive its signal directly from your car stereo's subwoofer preamp outputs or as a sum of the amp's front and rear input signals. You can operate this amp in 3-, 4-, or 5-channel modes, so this is one amp that you'll never outgrow.
The variable frequency filters and adjustable bass boost let you contour the amp's output to suit your speakers and subs for more efficient output and cleaner low-end kick. Direct-connect terminals make reliable connections without any crimping or soldering.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (60 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 120 watts RMS x 2 at 4-ohms + 150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in 3-channel mode
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-6 dB at 50 Hz)
- Class AB 4-channel amp with Class D mono sub channel
- MOSFET power supply
- 3 sets of preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 17-1/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 9"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # REFERENCE 5350A
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Two 40A ATO fuses (installed)
- Warranty/Product Registration card
Infinity Reference 5350a reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 5350a
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
150 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||89 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||60 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-100k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-6 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, when applicable. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The Infinity Reference 5350a under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 50 Watts RMS x 4 channels plus 150 x 1 channels with a 85dBA signal to noise ratio.
Class AB and D Design: The Reference 5350a features a Class AB design amplifier for the front and rear channels and a Class D design for the subwoofer channel giving you the benefit of sound quality and efficiency.
5-Channel Design: The amplifier is designed to power four full-range speakers and a subwoofer simultaneously. The amplifier's front and rear channels can be bridged to two channels and configured to power two full-range speakers and a subwoofer.
Line Level Inputs: The front, rear, and subwoofer channels of the amplifier each have separate line-level RCA inputs with independent gain (Input Sensitivity) controls. The Input Sensitivity controls will accept an input signal of 100mV to 6.0 Volts. If you are using a receiver with only two pair of preamp outputs you can run just one set of RCA for the front and rear channels and change the rear channels input source to Front.
Protection Circuitry: The amp features 4-way protection, and will shut itself down in the following cases:
- DC Output: DC voltage is detected on the amplifier output
- Temperature: Amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: Voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5V or more than 16V
- Short Circuit: Short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
Power and Protection LEDs: The amplifier features a Power and Protection LED on top of the unit. The Power LED illuminates Green when the amplifier is supplied power. The Protection LED will illuminate Red when the amplifier goes into protect-mode.
Input Source: There is an Input Source switch for the rear channel that allows you to connect only one set of RCAs to the front and rear channel inputs of the amplifier, if you only have two sets of preamp outputs with one set already going to the subwoofer preamp input on the amplifier.
Front, Rear and Subwoofer Input Levels: Individual rotary controls for the front, rear and subwoofer channels of the amplifier used to match the level of the preamp output signal from your head-unit.
Internal/External Switch: This switch allows you to select between using the amplifier's internal subwoofer crossover or your headunit's built-in subwoofer crossover.
Crossovers: The 5350a has built-in high pass and low pass crossovers for the front, rear and subwoofer channels. The high pass and low pass crossover's slope are 12 dB/octave and are continuously variable from 32Hz to 320Hz and can be controlled independently for the front and rear channels. The amplifier can also be operated at full-range simultaneously from both front and rear channels. The subwoofer channel has a 12 dB/octave low pass crossover that is continuously variable from 20 to 200Hz. The subwoofer channel cannot be operated at full-range, it is set to low pass.
- Crossover Mode Switches: Individual slide switches for the front and rear channels used to select Low-Pass, High-Pass or Full-Range configuration.
- Crossover Frequencies: Independent rotary controls for the front, rear and subwoofer channels to set the cutoff frequency of the Low or High Pass Filter between 32 and 320 Hz for the front and rear speakers, and 20 to 200Hz for the low-pass crossover of the subwoofer.
Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control allows you to enhance the bass output of your system at 50Hz up to 6dB independently from the amplifier's subwoofer channel.
Preamp Inputs: 3 pair of gold-plated RCA jacks.
Remote Level Control: RJ-11 jack for use with the optional remote sub-level control (sold separately).
IMS Input: This port is designed for future Infinity expansion products.
Speaker Output: 10 Set screw terminals for connecting speaker wires; handles up to 8 gauge (16 gauge minimum recommended).
- +12V: Set screw terminal for power wire from battery; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
- Remote: Set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; handles up to 8 gauge wire (18 gauge minimum recommended)
- Ground: Set screw terminal for ground; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
Fuses: 2 Slots for 40A fuses (installed).
The Infinity Reference 5350a replaces these items
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms plus 250 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- variable high- and low-pass filters
- 6-channel preamp inputs
2 questions already asked