About the Infinity Reference 6001A
Streamlined for power
Streamlined for power
Infinity's sleek Reference 6001A mono subwoofer amplifier will add bass firepower and excitement to your music without losing its cool. This power plant can pump out up to 600 watts RMS to your sub, while its Class D design ensures the amp's high output will put minimal strain your vehicle's electrical system. A wired remote lets you control the bass from your front seat.
Works in almost any vehicle
Speaker-level inputs and signal-sensing turn-on allow this amplifier to work in almost any system, even if you're keeping your car's factory radio. Wiring adapters are included with the amp for just that application. You can use the low-pass filter and variable bass boost to maximize the performance of your subwoofer and enclosure, while a phase switch ensures that the bass will blend well with your full-range speakers.
Infinity Reference 6001A connection panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote bass control module included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- dimensions: 8-5/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMPRF6001AAM
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 30A fuses (2 installed/2 spares)
- 2 Speaker to RCA adapters
- RBC Remote level control w/ attached 16.5' cable (RJ-25 terminated)
- Four 2-1/8" screws
- Two 3/8" screws
- Logo badge w/ adhesive backing
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
Infinity Reference 6001A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 6001A
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
350 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-320 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Mono-Power Amp Design: The Infinity Reference 6001A is designed with specific features to power subwoofers, providing 350W RMS @ 4Ω and 600W RMS @ 2Ω. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
Class D Design: The Infinity Reference 6001A is equipped with a high-performance Class D switching power supply, which is more efficient than traditional class AB power supplies. This allows the amp to provide high output with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system.
Low Noise & Distortion: The 6001A amplifier features balanced differential inputs to ensure low noise and distortion, even at high output levels. This also makes it less susceptible to line induced, radiated engine noise.
Protection Circuitry: The amp features 3-way protection, and will shut itself down in the following cases:
- Temperature: Amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: Voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5V or more than 16V
- Short Circuit: Short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
Power and Protection LEDs: The amplifier features a Power and Protection LED on the input side of the unit. The Power LED illuminates Green when the amplifier is supplied power. The Protection LED will illuminate Red when the amplifier goes into protect-mode.
Compact Size: The Reference 6001A is housed in a compact chassis with a small footprint, allowing it to fit in more vehicles where mounting space is limited.
Hidden Control Panel: The top panel of the Reference 6001A can unsnap and slide off to access all of the amp's controls.
Gain: Rotary control to match the level of the preamp input signal
Low Pass Filter: The 6001A has a variable 12dB per octave, 32-320Hz low pass filter to prevent unwanted high-frequencies from reaching your subwoofers so they can play deeper and louder.
Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control allows you to enhance the bass output of your system at 45Hz with an adjustment range of 0-12dB.
Phase Switch: Allows you to select normal or reverse for best bass.
Turn-On Mode: Lets you select whether you are using high- or low-level input signals.
- DC: Allows the amp to power on/off with speaker-level signals.
- REM: Allows the amp to power on/off when the REM terminal gets +12V from the headunit's remote output. This should be selected when using the RCA low-level inputs.
Input Level: Working in conjunction with the Turn-On Mode, this 3-way switch lets you set the input sensitivity range:
- Lo: Set to this when using RCA low-level inputs.
- HI1 & HI2: These settings provide 2 levels of input sensitivity when using speaker-level inputs. If the amp doesn't power on when set to HI1, setting it to HI2 will allow it to be activated.
RBC Remote Level Control: The amp has an RJ-25 jack for use with the included RBC (Remote Bass Control) remote sub-level control module. The control module includes a 16.5' cable to connect the remote to the amplifier. This sub-level controller allows the subwoofer level to be adjusted from the listening position and includes hardware to mount it under the dash.
Preamp & Speaker Input: A single pair of RCA jacks is used for both low-level and high-level signals. If using high-level, 2 speaker wire-to-RCA adapters are provided. These feature an RCA plug on one end and 2 wire ports with set-screws on the other end. These can accept up to 18 ga. speaker wire.
Speaker Output: Features 4 set screw terminals for connecting speaker wires; accommodating up to 8 ga. (16 ga. minimum recommended).
Note: There are two sets of terminals to make it easier to connect multiple subwoofers. The terminals are connected internally in parallel.
Remote Level Control: RJ-25 socket for use with the provided RBC remote sub-level control.
- +12V: Set screw terminal for power wire from battery; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
- Remote: Set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; handles up to 8 gauge wire (18 gauge minimum recommended)
- Ground: Set screw terminal for ground; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
Fuses: 2 Slots for 30A ATC fuses (installed). Two spare 30A fuses are also provided.
The Infinity Reference 6001A replaces these items
2 questions already asked