About the Infinity Reference X REF-6500cx
Designed for more clarity
Designed for more clarity
Do you want to hear the details you've been missing in your car's sound system? You'll enjoy exceptional clarity from Infinity's Reference X Series REF-6500cx 6-3/4" component speaker system. The package includes two 6-3/4" woofers, two 3/4" tweeters, and two external crossovers, along with mounting hardware and grilles.
Infinity uses 3/4" textile dome tweeters that give you amazing levels of detail without sounding harsh. Mount these tweeters in the right spot in your vehicle, and you'll hear a new world of sound as instruments and vocals become more natural and clearly defined. Infinity includes hardware for surface- or flush-mounting the tweeters, plus Starfish brackets that help you install the tweeters in many factory tweeter openings.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-3/4" Plus One+ polypropylene woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
- adapter rings included for 6-1/2" openings
- 3/4" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
- 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass)
- 3-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with virtually all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
- tweeter adjustment circuits (0, +3 dB)
- power range: 5-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6500cx
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Plastic mounting rings (Chrysler/GM)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-3/8" Self-tapping Allen head screws
- Eight 1" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Eight 1/2" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping flat head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- 2 Infinity logos
- Template on box
- Owner's manual (English/ Danish/ German/ Spanish/ Finnish/ French/ Italian/ Dutch/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Russian/ Swedish/ Turkish/ Chinese)
Infinity Reference X REF-6500cx reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference X REF-6500cx
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||53 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||90|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||270|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.496|
Plus One+ Cones: Each woofer uses a cone significantly larger than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and a significant increase in efficiency.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The hi-roll rubber surrounds allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output.
Mounting: Without an adapter, the 6500cx woofers fit standard 6-3/4" applications. Given their required cutout, they will also fit standard 3-hole 6-1/2" and 4-hole 6-1/2" applications without an adapter, but new screw holes must be drilled. Using the included adapter brackets they can be mounted in a wide variety of 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" applications, without any modification.
Material: Each tweeter features a 3/4" edge-driven textile dome for smooth, accurate highs.
Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount Mounting System: The
tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with Infinity's
innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.492" (screw depth)||0.808"||0.944"||0.492" (screw depth)||0.475"||0.88"|
Selectable Tweeter Output Level: Each 2-way crossover allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference; the tweeter level can be set to +3 dB or 0 dB.
Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. There are four mounting holes in each crossover.
- Width: 3.935"
- Height: 1.209"
- Depth: 3.171"
True Four Ohm Impedance Technology: The speaker's 3-ohm impedance combined with the impedance of your speaker wire provides a true 4-ohm load to your connected head unit or amplifier.
Power Handling: Although Infinity rates the 6500cx speakers at 90 watts RMS (continuous average), they also recommend amplifiers with a power rating from 5 to 200 watts RMS.
The Infinity Reference X REF-6500cx replaces these items
1 question already asked