About the Infinity Reference 7005A
Streamlined for power
Streamlined for power
Looking for power for your entire system? Infinity's sleek Reference 7005A five-channel amplifier will add firepower and excitement to your music without losing its cool. This power plant will pump out 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, plus up to 500 watts RMS to a sub. For a high-performance system, you can bridge the amp to 3-channel mode to power front speakers with 150 watts RMS each, while still driving the sub with 500 watts. The sub channel's Class D design ensures that its high output will put minimal strain your vehicle's electrical system.
Works in almost any vehicle
Speaker-level inputs and signal-sensing turn-on allow this amplifier to work in almost any system, even if you're keeping your car's factory radio. Wiring adapters are included with the amp for just that application. Separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels maximize your speaker system's performance. The subwoofer channel features a low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase switch, so you can make the bass sound great in your vehicle. A wired remote lets you control the bass from your front seat.
Infinity Reference 7005A connection panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 + 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- front and rear channels:
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- subwoofer channel:
- Class D amp technology
- low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote bass control module included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- dimensions: 14-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMPRF7005AAM
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Six 30A fuses (3 installed/3 spares)
- 4 Speaker to RCA adapters
- RBC Remote level control w/ attached 16.5' cable (RJ-25 terminated)
- Four 2-1/8" screws
- Two 3/8" screws
- Logo badge w/ adhesive backing
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
Infinity Reference 7005A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Infinity Reference 7005A
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
500 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-40kHz Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-300 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-300 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Amp Configuration: The Infinity Reference 7005A is a 5-channel amplifier that can provide:
- 50W RMS x 4 + 320W x 1 @ 4Ω
- 75W RMS x 4 + 500W x 1 @ 2Ω
- 150W x
2 @ 4Ω in bridged mode + sub channel
Note: The Infinity Reference 7005A does not include any wiring; a 4 ga. amp wiring kit is recommended (sold separately).
Class AB+D Design: The Reference 7005A is equipped with a high-performance Class AB+D switching power supply, which is more efficient than traditional class AB power supplies. This allows the amp to run cooler and provide high output with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system.
Low Noise & Distortion: The Reference 7005A amplifier features balanced differential inputs to ensure low noise and distortion, even at high output levels. This also makes it less susceptible to line induced, radiated engine noise.
Protection Circuitry: The amp features 3-way protection, and will shut itself down in the following cases:
- Temperature: Amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: Voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5V or more than 16V
- Short Circuit: Short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
Power/Protection LED: The amplifier features a Power/Protection LED on the input side of the unit. The Power/Protect LED lights solid when the amplifier is operating normally, and will flash when the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Compact Size: The Reference 7005A is housed in a compact chassis with a small footprint, allowing it to fit in more vehicles where mounting space is limited.
Hidden Control Panel: The top panel of the Reference 7005A can unsnap and slide off to access all of the amp's controls.
Gain: Rotary control to match the level of the preamp input signal, with one each for front, rear, and subwoofer channels. When using RCA preamp inputs, the Gain sensitivity has a range from 200mVrms to 2.0Vrms. When using high-level speaker inputs, the sensitivity range is from 2Vrms to 20Vrms.
Filters & Frequency: Each of the 3 sets of input channels can have a crossover applied to them.
- Front & Rear: A 3-way switch is provided for both Front and Rear channels letting you select: HPF (high-pass), LPF (low-pass), or FULL (full-range). Both 12dB per octave filters include a Freq dial that can be set between 32Hz and 320Hz.
- Subwoofer: A Low-pass filter is applied to the subwoofer channel, with a frequency cutoff that ranges from 32Hz - 320Hz (12dB per octave).
Subwoofer Input Type: An Input switch lets you select where the Subwoofer signal will be derived from;
- EXT: Uses the Subwoofer RCA jacks for the input signal.
- INT: Derives the subwoofer signal from the Front & Rear RCA jacks.
Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control lets you enhance the bass from the subwoofer output at 45Hz with an adjustment range of 0-12dB.
Turn-On Mode: Lets you select whether you are using high- or low-level input signals.
- DC: Allows the amp to power on/off with speaker-level signals.
- REM: Allows the amp to power on/off when the REM terminal gets +12V from the headunit's remote output. This should be selected when using the RCA low-level inputs.
Input Level: Working in conjunction with the Turn-On Mode, this 3-way switch lets you set the input sensitivity range:
- Lo: Set to this when using RCA low-level inputs.
- HI1 & HI2: These settings provide 2 levels of input sensitivity when using speaker-level inputs. If the amp doesn't power on when set to HI1, setting it to HI2 will allow it to be activated.
RBC Remote Level Control: The Reference 7005A features an RJ-25 jack for use with the included RBC (Remote Bass Control) remote sub-level control module. The control module includes a 16.5' cable to connect the remote to the amplifier. This sub-level controller allows the Subwoofer output level to be adjusted from the listening position and includes hardware to mount it under the dash.
Preamp & Speaker Input: Three pairs of RCA jacks are provided for the input Front, Rear, and Subwoofer, with the Front and Rear inputs also accepting high-level signals. If using high-level, 4 speaker wire-to-RCA adapters are provided. These feature an RCA plug on one end and 2 wire ports with set-screws on the other end, accepting up to 18 ga. speaker wire.
Speaker Outputs: Features 6 set-screw terminals for connecting speaker wires; accommodating up to 10 ga. (16 ga. minimum recommended).
- +12V: Set screw terminal for power wire from battery; handles up to 4 gauge wire (recommended)
- Remote: Set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; handles up to 10 gauge wire (18 gauge minimum recommended)
- Ground: Set screw terminal for ground; handles up to 4 gauge wire (recommended)
Fuses: 3 Slots for 30A ATC fuses (installed). Three spare 30A fuses are also provided.
The Infinity Reference 7005A replaces these items
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms
- ADAS and HALOsonic inputs for advanced integration in select vehicles
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
2 questions already asked