About the JBL 4305P Studio Monitors
Hi-fi powered speakers
The 4305P Studio Monitor wireless speaker system from JBL has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, plus digital and analog inputs (shown in black).
Hi-fi powered speakers
JBL's 4305P Studio Monitors give you hi-fi sound in a streamlined powered speaker pair. It's a nice reminder of JBL's heritage in the control rooms of many a high-end recording studio.
You can use these speakers in your studio for accurate audio reproduction. Or enjoy high-quality home listening with your favorite wireless streaming options. They also include plenty of wired digital and analog inputs.
With their furniture-grade wood veneer finish and retro-styling, they'll look great wherever you place them. And they'll sound great too, since they're front ported and designed for both near- and far-field listening.
Formidable power and horn-loaded tweeters
The 4305P's built-in Class D power includes four discrete amplifiers — one for each driver. It sends 25 watts each to the horn-loaded tweeters and 125 watts each to the 5-1/4" woofers. That eliminates the need for passive crossovers and ensures a tailored response for agile, detailed, and muscular sound.
My listening impressions of the JBL 4305P Studio Monitors
After many years of hearing JBLs in action at concerts in P.A. systems and guitar amps, I know what I love about the JBL sound. When I pulled the 4305P system out of its box for some trial listening, I was hoping to hear some of that.
And they delivered in a bigger way than seems possible from this relatively compact bookshelf speaker system. Paul Desmond's saxophone on “I'm Old Fashioned” from the Pure Desmond album pours like honey out of the speakers' horns. The sound has a lively, spontaneous quality that works really well with the generous drench of plate reverb on Desmond's sax.
They also nicely accentuated that track's mid and bass frequencies, delivering an energetic rendering of the textures and tones of Ed Bickert's guitar and Ron Carter's double-bass. But the low end really came to life on the Bee Gees' “Night Fever.” The 4305P's handling of that track's grandiose verses had a get-up-and-go — and no-joke bass — that took me back to the skating rink circa ‘78.
The relatively modern retro-disco MGMT track “Electric Feel” owes a debt to Bee Gees stuff from the that era. But it's got a sweaty-DIY-dance-party edge to it that came through this system in full force. The propulsive mids and lows grab you and pull you into the music, and the synth sparkles get stuck in your hair.
I streamed to the 4305P via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and with my Bluesound Node connected to the TRS input. Listening carefully, I could hear the increase in sound quality sequentially across those formats. But the system retained that assertive real-time character, like the next best thing to seeing a band live.
Control in your hands
Front-panel and remote controls let you power on and off, switch sources, control playback, and more. The free MusicLife app for Apple® and Android™ devices gives you another control option.
But with Bluetooth, Roon, Chromecast built-in, and Apple AirPlay 2 all native to the 4305P, you can do pretty much everything from within your smartphone's streaming apps.
Flexible connections and high-res DAC
You can connect the 4305P to your home network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Its combination XLR/TRS input lets you add analog sources with a balanced or unbalanced connection. There's also a 3.5mm analog aux input, plus an optical digital connection. An asynchronous USB input lets you connect a computer and enjoy precise sound with your stored digital music files.
The system's built-in DAC supports high-res audio, and with the primary and secondary speakers connected wirelessly, you'll get 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Use the included Digital Link cable to reach the system's maximum resolution of 24-bit/192kHz.
You can connect a powered subwoofer for more oomph in the low frequencies — and more headroom in the 4305P, since it automatically engages an 80Hz high-pass filter.
- bi-amped design with separate woofer and tweeter amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- 1" Teonex® compression driver with Advanced TDI™ Geometry horn
- 5-1/4" cast-frame paper-cone woofer
- 300 watts RMS total system power
- 25 watts x 2 to the tweeter
- 125 watts x 2 to the woofer
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- bass reflex design with dual front-firing ports
- built-in DAC supports high-resolution audio files
- up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution when speakers are connected using included 2m Digital Link cable
- up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution when speakers are connected wirelessly
- supported music formats: AAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD (to PCM), FLAC, MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, WMA, and MQA
- front-panel volume and source/pairing knobs on primary speaker
- left/right stereo assignment switch
- -3dB bass contour switch
- 3/4" MDF construction with internal bracing
- real wood veneer
- removable grille
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music®
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- supports UPnP™ (Universal Plug 'n' Play) high-resolution wireless streaming from a Windows or Mac computer, or from a NAS drive
- control with free MusicLife app for Apple and Android devices
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- combination XLR/TRS analog input
- selectable input sensitivity switch for use with balanced or unbalanced signals
- 3.5mm analog aux input
- optical digital input
- asynchronous USB Type-B input for connecting a computer
- signal-sensing line-level mono RCA output for connecting a powered subwoofer
- USB service port
- Ethernet port for connecting to your home network
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-5/16"W x 13-5/16"H x 11-5/16"D (each)
- weight: 15 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years (enclosure and drivers), 2 years (electronics)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBL4305PWALAM
What's in the box:
JBL 4305P Studio Monitors owner's manual
- 2 Powered speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 69" AC power cords
- 10' CAT5e cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 8 Self-adhesive feet
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL 4305P Studio Monitors reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL 4305P Studio Monitors
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1"|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||5.25|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||300|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs(spkr)/2 Yrs(amp)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs(spkr/2 Yrs(amp)|
Network & Bluetooth
JBL 4305P Studio Monitor: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system consists of two wireless powered speakers featuring patented JBL transducer & acoustic technologies that render your music with incredible accuracy and powerful dynamics. One of the speakers is the "Primary" speaker, while the other speaker is the "Secondary" speaker. The speakers can be paired together wirelessly or tethered together by the included CAT5e cable. Both speakers feature built-in amplification and require AC power. Either speaker can used as the Left or Right channel. All controls and inputs/outputs are found on the "Primary" speaker.
- 2-Way Driver Design: Each 4305P Studio Monitor speaker uses a two-way driver design, featuring a 1" compression horn driver and a 5.25" fiber-composite cone woofer for room-filling stereo sound.. The 1" compression driver is mated to a high-definition imaging horn with a dispersion pattern of 90 degrees (h) x 60 degrees (v) for crystal-clear highs and life-like dynamic capabilities. The 5.25" paper-pulp cone woofer features a cast frame and is mated with the speaker enclosure's dual front-firing ports for for accurate, distortion-free bass.
- Class D Amplification: Each Studio Monitor speaker features built-in, custom-tuned Class D amplification. Each 1" compression horn driver receiver 25 watts of power, while each 5.25" paper-pulp cone woofer receives 125 watts of power for a total system power of 300 watts.
- Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: Each speaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with dual front-firing ports that have been precision tuned for greater efficiency, bigger bass response, and low distortion. The speaker enclosure features rigid MDF construction and is finished with a black or walnut furniture-grade wood veneer.
24-Bit/192kHz Hi-Res DAC: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system employs a 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution DAC (digital-to-analog converter) to ensure your favorite music comes across with the highest fidelity. 24-bit/19kHz Hi Res audio is only possible when the 4305P Studio Monitor's Primary and Secondary speaker are tethered with the included 10' CAT5e cable. When operating with a wireless connection between the 4305P Studio Monitor's Primary and Secondary speaker, the system is limited to 24-bit/96kHz audio.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): The integration of MQA technology enables you to playback MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. MQA lets you hear your streamed digital music files exactly like the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Asynchronous USB-B: The asynchronous USB-B port allows you to connect a Windows PC (7-up) or Mac (OS X) computer for playback of your stored digital music library on the JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system. Supported music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, WAV, DSD (to PCM), MQA, and FLAC (up to 24-bit/192kHz). The USB-B port is found on the back of the Primary speaker.
Note: There is also a rear-panel USB-A port for service and firmware purposes only. This USB-A port cannot be used for media playback or charging.
Optical Digital Input: The optical (toslink) digital input supports stereo 2ch PCM audio, up to 24-bit/192kHz. The optical digital input is found on the back of the Primary speaker.
Note: The optical digital input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel surround formats.
XLR/TRS Combo Input: The JBL 4305P includes an analog XLR-1/4" TRS combo input with selectable input sensitivity for use with balanced and unbalanced analog audio signals. The inclusion of this "prosumer-grade" input provides the option for balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS (tip/ring/sleeve) or unbalanced TS (tip/sleeve) connections, perfect for use in home studio applications. Select the appropriate sensitivity level in support of content / source input (-10dB / High sensitivity mode or +4dB / Low sensitivity mode).
3.5mm Aux Input: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input that allows connection of an external audio device with a line-level output or headphone out jack. The 3.5mm Aux input is found on the Primary speaker.
Note: The 4305P Studio Monitor system does not offer a Phono input for connecting a turntable. If you want to connect a turntable, you'll need a turntable with a built-in preamp or an external phono preamp. You may also need a stereo minijack-to-RCA adapter, since the 4305P only has a 3.5mm Aux input.
Mono-RCA Sub Out: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered subwoofer (sold separately). The mono-RCA subwoofer output is full-range, so your powered subwoofer will need its own built-in low-pass crossover filter. The mono-RCA subwoofer output is found on the Primary speaker.
Network & Bluetooth
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor system offers a wired or wireless connection to your network router and ISP (internet service provider) for access to AirPlay 2, Chromecast Built-In, MusicLife App, and UPnP. A wired network connection can be made using the system's Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack, while the speaker's built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11ac) provides a wireless network connection.
Apple AirPlay 2: Apple AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the JBL 4305P Studio Monitor system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the JBL 4305P Studio Monitor.. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the JBL music system.
- Check out this Apple AirPlay 2 article from Crutchfield.
- Click here for Apple AirPlay 2 support page.
Chromecast built-in: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the 4305P Studio Monitor music system.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the 4305P Studio Monitor system. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers throughout your home (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor and your Google Home speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
MusicLife App: The MusicLife App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) gives you access to Internet Radio, Podcasts, and select online music services. It also allows you to access music content stored on your laptop, desktop computer, or NAS drive.
- Online Music Services: Using the MusicLife app your compatible smartphone or tablet device, you can playback Internet Radio, Podcasts, and select online music services through the JBL 4305P Studio Monitor music system. Supported online music services include Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Napster, and HighResAudio.
- UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play): With a network connection, you'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the JBL JL75ms system using the MusicLife App on your compatible mobile device. For playback from a network device, the network device needs to be running a universal plug and play (UPnP) service, such as Windows Media Player 11. Other free and paid-for UPnP services are available for other computer operating systems. Some network attached storage (NAS) systems include a built-in version of a UPnP service. Supported music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, WAV, DSD (to PCM), MQA, and FLAC (up to 24-bit/192kHz).
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor system offers built-in Bluetooth 5.1 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer) to the JBL 4305P. You can also control basic playback function (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) from the included remote control. Advanced music control and song/artist/album information will still have to be done from your Bluetooth source device. Multiple devices can be paired with the speaker, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the unit will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The 4305P does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for answering and making phone calls.
Simple Control: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system offers front-panel and wireless remote control.
- Front-Panel: Front-panel controls include two 3-way rotary dials that provide Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Source Select, and Bluetooth Pairing. The front-panel controls are located on the Primary speaker only.
- Wireless Remote: Included with the 4305P system is a BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) hand-held remote control allowing for easy control of the Primary operations of the system from up to 40' (without direct line of sight). The remote provides a variety of functions including Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Source Select, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Mute. The remote will have to be paired with the 4305P speaker system (see manual for details).
Note: The 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system does not feature a front-panel display. However, it does feature Power and Source LED indicators along the front of the Primary speaker.
Setup & Mounting Options: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speakers can be positioned on a pair of speaker stands, bookshelf, desk, or other flat tabletop surface. Position each speaker in a vertical orientation with the tweeter on the top. The speakers should be placed so the listening position and the two speakers form an equilateral triangle.
- Wired or Wireless Connection: One of the speakers is the Primary speaker, while the other speaker is the Secondary speaker. The speakers can be paired together wirelessly (up to 30') or tethered together by the included 10' CAT5e cable (up to a 23' CAT5e cable can be used).
- Left & Right Assignment: Either speaker can be used as the Left or Right channel in your specific application and setup.
- Bass Contour Switch: Set the JBL 4305P's bass contour switch based on the speaker system proximity to side boundaries such as walls and inside a bookcase or cabinet. When the speaker is close to a boundary the switch should be in the -3dB position in order to maintain level bass response. When the system is positioned away from boundaries and in free space, the switch should be in the 0dB position.
Note: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor does not offer any brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker system.
Power Requirements: Each speaker of the JBL 4305P Studio monitor system (including the Primary & Secondary) will require connection to an AC power outlet using the included 69" AC power cords (IEC 2-prong).
Note: The JBL 4305P Studio Monitor speaker system is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: The 4305P system will enter low power Standby mode automatically when no signal activity is detected for approximately 10 minutes. While the system is in Standby mode, the Power LED on both the Primary speaker and Secondary speaker will illuminate a solid Red color.
Protection Mode: The JBL 4305P system is provided with different levels of protection, in the rare event that the system detects and internal malfunction. Protection mode will be represented by the selected Source icon illuminating a solid Red color. The system will remain in that state for as long as the protection event is present.
1 question already asked