About the JBL 670GTi
Bringing back the magic
Bringing back the magic
We've all had that moment when a song hits you in just the right way at just the right time. Few feelings are as pure. Now, imagine if you could have that feeling every time you turn up the volume. It's what JBL's aspiring to do with their flagship 670GTi component system — the finest example of their historic quality and refined audio engineering. If your music's highs haven't been stirring you and the lows haven't been rocking you, then trust your sound to JBL.
JBL uses premium materials for a component system that sounds and looks like no other.
A solid foundation
Design and materials in the 670GTi system take the front seat to ensure you hear the cleanest, truest audio possible. A rigid Kevlar® woofer cone, reinforced with distortion inhibitors like a copper pole piece, cooling ports, and Nomex spider, delivers powerful performance even when heavy bass hits, giving your music the sturdy foundation it needs to soar. With power handling up to 150 watts RMS, you'll really want to drive this system with an aftermarket amplifier to make the most out of these premium speakers.
Sound with a high ceiling
JBL doesn't mess around when it comes to the high frequencies. The 670GTi's 1" edge-driven dome tweeter features an oversized voice coil for better power handling and smoother response, pushing the ceiling all the way out to 30,000 Hz to reinforce that "live" feel.
To make sure your highs and lows are as pure as they can be, JBL includes a robust crossover system that channels the correct frequencies to each woofer and tweeter. Encased in aluminum, these crossovers look good too, with a viewing window that makes them stand out in a custom installation.
And speaking of installation....
There's no underestimating the importance of tweeter placement, and that's why JBL includes three different mounting systems for ideal positioning in a variety of vehicles. Included adapter rings, heavy-duty grilles, and foam gaskets give you the edge when it comes to woofer installation too.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, and installation gear
- 6-1/2" Kevlar® woofer cone with nitrile-butylene surround
- 1" edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- power range: 10-150 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-3/4"
- woofer grilles, adapter rings and foam gaskets included
- tweeter mounting kits included
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 670GTi
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount housing retention nuts
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Twelve 1-1/8" Self-tapping Allen head screws
- Eight 5/8" Self-tapping Allen head screws
- Four 5/8" Flat head screws
- Eight 3/4" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Eight M4 x 8mm Allen head machine screws
- Eight M3 x 4mm flat head machine screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 1mm Allen wrench
- 16 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gasket strips
- Owner's guide (English/ French/ Spanish/ Russian/ Japanese/ Korean/ Chinese/ Taiwanese/ Indonesian)
JBL 670GTi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL 670GTi
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Edge-driven dome|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||89|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||92|
|Frequency Response||50 - 30k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||10|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||150|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||600|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.573|
Woofer Cones: JBL uses Kevlar woofer cones and dust caps, rigid and light weight, to minimize unwanted cone flexing. The result is smooth frequency response and controlled cone motion.
Woofer Size Classification: These speakers are marketed as 6-1/2"; they will fit standard 6-1/2 speaker openings, but do not use the industry standard bolt pattern (then again, neither do many car manufacturers at this point). In most 6-1/2 applications, new holes will need to be drilled in the mounting surface of the car. Without drilling new screw holes, the speakers fit many standard 6-3/4 applications. Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit in your vehicle.
Tweeters: The edge-driven textile dome tweeters have oversized voice coils, increasing power handling and lowering distortion at high output levels. The 1" tweeters also allow a lower crossover point, providing a more transparent transition between the woofers and tweeters, and improving the stereo imaging. The tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed into the flush mount housing and inserted into the opening. The large plastic retention nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled up to approximately 45° for optimum imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind
the existing grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 1/8 of an inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
Tweeter Level: A knob on each crossover allows you to adjust the output level of the tweeter; choose -1.5 dB, 0 dB (flat) or +1.5 dB.
Crossover Mounting: Each crossover can be mounted using four of the included screws through holes in the base.
- Length: 5.508" (plus wire)
- Width: 7.513" (8.12" including tweeter output level knob)
- Height: 2.206"
Wire Connections: All the crossover inputs and outputs and the woofer and tweeter inputs are set screw terminals. The crossover terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 10 gauge, the woofer terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 10 gauge, and the tweeter terminals will accommodate bare wire up to 14 gauge.