About the JBL Apex PA454
That little thing's an amp?
That little thing's an amp?
You won't believe how much sound comes out of this tiny amp. JBL's Apex PA454 puts out four channels of 45 watts RMS from a chassis that's smaller than a shoe. It'll fit in almost any little nook or cranny on your UTV, motorcycle, or boat, bringing the joy of music to your outdoor fun.
Dedicated design and controls
The Apex PA454 is designed to power four standard 4-ohm speakers, and can't be bridged to run a sub, for example. Selectable high-pass filters let you tune the signals to match your speakers. The tough aluminum chassis and conformal-coated circuit boards protect the amp against the weather. The controls are protected behind an aluminum panel.
- compact 4-channel amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- not rated for 2-ohm operation
- selectable high-pass filters (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- Class D amp technology (frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz)
- weather-resistant aluminum chassis
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wire-to-RCA adapters for speaker-level inputs included
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 15A
- dimensions: 9"W x 1-3/4"H x 3-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # APEX PA454
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 4 Speaker to RCA adapters
- Two 15-amp ATO fuses (1 installed/1 spare)
- Four 5/8" Screws
- Four 5" Zip ties
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Chinese/ Japanese/ Korean)
- 2 Window stickers
JBL Apex PA454 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Apex PA454
Auto Turn-on: When using speaker level inputs, the DC offset circuit in the amp senses when a signal is present and turns the amp on automatically.
Control Panel: The control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The front and rear sections of the amplifier have independent gain and crossover controls.
- Input Level: 2-position switch; select High (speaker level) or Low (preamp level)
- Gain: rotary controls; variable from 200mV to 6V with the input level switch in the low position and 500mV to 15V with the input level switch in the high position
- Crossover: 4-position switches; high pass only; select Off (full-range), 60 Hz, 80 Hz, or 120 Hz
- Speaker Outputs: 4 pair of 8" speaker wires attached; 16-gauge
- Power: 8" wire attached; 14-gauge; ATO fuse holder wired in-line
- Ground: 8" wire attached; 14-gauge
- Remote Turn-on: 8" wire attached; 18-gauge
- RCA Inputs: two pair of stereo RCA inputs, each on the end of a 6" pigtail; compatible with preamp level and speaker level signals (four speaker wire to RCA adapters included)