About the JBL Arena 26Be
JBL lives up to their legend once again. Their Arena 26Be 2-way component system combines the latest speaker technology and materials with one of the coolest-looking designs I've seen in a while. The set's acoustically optimized metal grilles stylishly flaunt the JBL logo, and magnetic trim rings help an easier installation and seamless finish. And while looks are impressive, it's the sound that counts. JBL prioritizes neutral, accurate playback so that you can enjoy the best of what your high-resolution audio files have to offer.
The Arena Series tweeter is unlike any tweeter you've probably seen in a vehicle before. A collaboration with home audio titan, Revel, the beryllium dome tweeter is built into an oval ceramic-coated, cast-aluminum acoustic lens waveguide for unparalleled off-axis response. This ensures that you gain the smoothest sound possible, up to 40,000 Hz.
Carbon fiber woofers
JBL uses carbon fiber for both the 6-1/2" woofer, providing hearty, bold lows that stay accurate at any volume. And while you can use an active crossover system (not included), JBL includes precision crossover networks that ensure seamless interplay between the drivers.
- 2-way component speaker system
- includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" carbon fiber woofer cone
- high-roll rubber surround
- die-cast aluminum woofer basket
- 1" beryllium dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover
- crossover points: 2500 or 3500 Hz (selectable)
- 3-position tweeter level adjustment
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB at 2.83 volts/1 meter
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLSPKAR26BEAM
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (5" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Flush-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount housing retention nuts
- 2 Angled surface-mount tweeter housings
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1" Screws
- Four 1/2" Stainless steel screws
- Six 1/2" Screws
- Six 3/8" Screws
- 14 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed trim rings
- Adhesive backed foam gasket strip
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Chinese)
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Arena 26Be
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||60 - 40k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.416|
Woofer Size Classification: JBL describes these woofers as 6½; they will fit some 6½ applications, but they require a cutout slightly larger than is standard, and have a bigger frame, so they usually end up sorting with 6¾ applications. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Beryllium Tweeters: Beryllium is several times stiffer than titanium or aluminum, but much lighter than either; it also has inner damping characteristics similar to silk. These properties make Beryllium an excellent tweeter material. The tweeters use neodymium magnets to provide a powerful magnetic field for the voice coil. The 1" tweeters also allow a lower crossover point, providing a more transparent transition between the woofers and tweeters, and improving the stereo imaging. The tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed into the flush mount housing and inserted into the opening. The large plastic retention nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place.
- Angled Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the angled surface mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind
the existing grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 1/8 of an inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.835"||screw depth||1.12"||screw depth||0.705"||1.105"|
Crossover: The passive crossovers allow some system flexibility; the tweeter output levels and crossover points are adjustable, and the speakers can be bi-amped.
- Tweeter Level: 3-position switch; choose -1.5 dB, 0 dB (flat), or +1.5 dB
- Tweeter Crossover Point: 2-position switch; choose 2.5 kHz or 3.5 kHz
- Wire Connections: inputs and outputs are set screw terminals; accommodate bare wire up to 10-gauge; the woofers also have 10-gauge set screw terminals and the wire attached to the tweeters is not terminated (tinned bare wire)
- Bi-Amp: independent inputs and a 2-position switch allow bi-amping the component speakers
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 6.765"
- Height: 1.975"
- Depth: 4.640" (plus wire)