About the JBL STADIUM MB8030AM
High-performance marine speakers
High-performance marine speakers
JBL's thunderous 8" marine speakers will bring big sound and colorful lighting to any boat. Designed for life on the water, these rugged speakers can handle up to 200 watts RMS (500 peak), so they'll cut right through the noise and let your music be heard when you're out on the water.
Loud and proud of it
Boats can be loud, so when you're building a marine audio system, you need speakers that are, well, louder. These speakers are exactly that. JBL's Plus One™ cones provide maximum speaker-cone area, so you'll enjoy high sensitivity, impressive low-frequency output, and outstanding sound. Weather-resistant, grille-mounted Mylar tweeters deliver smooth, distinctive highs that'll give you the thrills you've been missing on your boat.
Versatile installation options
Boats can present some challenging acoustic and installation decisions. These big speakers make it just a bit easier, thanks to a convertible design that lets you to mount them in a traditional coaxial style or install them as separate components. If you're facing some placement option issues in your boat, these speakers can solve them and give you great sound.
Color your world
When you buy JBL speakers, awesome sound is expected. But these speakers also give you attractive RGB LED lighting that'll add style to your boat. Seven cool colors are available out of the box, but with an external lighting controller (sold separately), you can create unique colors that suit your boat and your style.
Ready to rock and built to last
Compared to car speakers, marine speakers live a pretty harsh life with sun, spray, salt, and extreme temperatures, plus various unexpected developments. These JBL Stadium Series speakers are ready for the marine environment, with one-piece polymer baskets, marine-ready componentry, and sealed, UV-resistant grilles that will stand up to moisture and punishing sunlight for years to come.
- 8" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
- multi-color RGB LED lights
- Plus One woofer cone for outstanding performance
- grille-mounted Mylar tweeter
- tweeters can be mounted as separates or as coaxials
- convertible design means more installation options
- one-piece cast polymer basket
- IPX5 rated for water resistance
- available in Black or White
- power handling: 200 watts RMS (500 peak)
- sensitivity: 92 dB at 2.83 volts
- frequency response: 30-22,000 Hz
- impedance: 3 ohms
- mounting depth: 3-1/4"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STADIUMMB8030AM
What's in the box:
- Two convertible 3-way marine speakers with fixed white polymer grilles
- 2 Tweeter/Midrange mount housings
- 2 Tweeter/Midrange trim rings
- 2 Tweeter/Midrange replacement grilles
- Two 6" LED Harnesses
- Two 80" Tweeter/Midrange extension cables
- Tweeter/Midrange removal tool
- Twelve 1-3/8" Stainless-steel screws (3mm Allen head)
- 12 Stainless-steel speed clips
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 2 Black JBL logo grille badges
- 2 Orange JBL logo grille badges
- Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Installation manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- 2 JBL Stickers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL STADIUM MB8030AM
Features & specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
92 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||30 - 22k Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||200|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||500|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||7|
LED Illumination: Integrated into each grille, around the outside of the woofer and the perimeter of the tweeter/midrange frame, are red/green/blue LED assemblies, to create a glow on the woofer cone. (The LEDs around the tweeter/midrange structure are on the woofer grille, they are not part of the removable tweeter/midrange.) A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on; depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they light red, green, blue, yellow, purple, aquamarine, or white. A 4-wire pigtail (14" long) is provided for supplying power to the built-in LEDs.
Convertible Tweeter/Midrange: The tweeter/midrange structures can be removed from the woofer grilles and mounted separately. Flush-mount housings are included, as well as trim rings. Once the tweeter/midrange housing is in the opening, four screws turn rotating cams as they're tightened, securing the housing to the wall. The Rotating Cams protrude 0.335" from the cutout opening. An 80" extension wire plugs into the separated tweeter/midrange structure, and into a rubber covered port on the woofer. When mounted separately, the dimensions are:
- Depth: 2.25"
- Height: 0.63"
- Cutout Diameter: 4.54"
- Frame Diameter: 5.323"